SaltCritters.com

Snowflake's Transparent Reef

snowflake ell

i used a azoo 180 but i think a Hydor Pico Evolution Mini Pump 200 or 400 will fit better

I think the mini jet would fit fine, I only want about 3.5 - 4 in for the false wall, then have 2 chambers, one for either fuge or filtration and one for return. Please adjust my dimensions on that, its not right, what should I do?

Also, should I do mech filtration or a fuge?

Should I have a powerhead other than the return pump for such a small tank?

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you should run cpe, chaeto, and floss. its been working well for me.

ok, I have an idea, let me draw it in paint, hold on

forget paint, I suck

snowflake ell
I think the mini jet would fit fine, I only want about 3.5 - 4 in for the false wall, then have 2 chambers, one for either fuge or filtration and one for return. Please adjust my dimensions on that, its not right, what should I do?

Also, should I do mech filtration or a fuge?

Should I have a powerhead other than the return pump for such a small tank?

your idea should be fine i think my wall is 3.5 inches i have 2 chambers one for the fuge live rock at the bottom and one with the return with lr about 1.5 high i clean my lr about every 2 wc's . my ls is about 2-3 inches thick 4 in some spots about 10 pounds of ls and rock is was cured idk how much thouge . one led for the fuge and i have a 12led aqua style i have 2 hang up . get your pump befor you cut your acrylic

i just have one power head its fine

I'm think9ing either two or three chambers, I dont want it over-crownded, but I want adequite filtration, both biological and mechanical and chemical

snowflake ell
I'm think9ing either two or three chambers, I dont want it over-crownded, but I want adequite filtration, both biological and mechanical and chemical

the chaber with your return you can out all you mechanical and chemical at the bottom . case i have alot of room at the bottom of my return chamber

why?

how often do you do that?

it could be very stressful to livestock (well you dont have any) except bongo

I would suggest minimal feedings more frequently, that has worked for a lot of people on here.

Jacob042426
how often do you do that?

it could be very stressful to livestock (well you dont have any) except bongo

I would suggest minimal feedings more frequently, that has worked for a lot of people on here.

how many of those people that it has worked for have tanks over a year old. it wont shock them if its the same temp, and sg.

how many of those people that it has worked for have tanks over a year old. it wont shock them if its the same temp, and sg.

its not that it will shock them parameter wise, its stressful every time you put your hand or anything in the tank, taking out water and replaceing water is stresfull to all livestock, no mater what

I'd say stop that unless you really feel your tank is thriving and start doing 10-15% water changes each week and each day do minimmal feeding more often, reef inhabitents are always on the hunt for food and by doing what you are doing then you are limiting their instict to find food

snowflake ell

mini dude what wear you thinking on lights.

dont get a coralife aqua mini they die in a month

mini dude what wear you thinking on lights.

dont get a coralife aqua mini they die in a month

ledtric

still deciding between tri-color and full spec

snowflake ell
thats what I was leaning towards

i think it might look nice and would have realy nice growth

snowflake ell
when I have a frikin $100 lol!

unless he may give me a discount!!!! :)

i say get your tank set up and let it cycle case the tank when its dont will cost under 30$ and get dry rock and live sand and let it cycle and then get the light

Archived