inTank Media Baskets

Snowflake's Transparent Reef

snowflake ell

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nolongerusing

i think it would look better if you but the branching rock in or behind the other rock. i personally dont like seeing the "trunk".

Was the rock you put in there live or dry?

snowflake ell
Did you cover the bulkhead in silicone?

I used dead live rock , yea 1 bulkhead was leaking so I covered it with silicone So I covered both

snowflake ell
ah well I guess that works then. Cool. Nice drain though! Are you not worried about snails crawling in and reducing flow, causing a flood?

No I tested it out with a rock , and my hand . I'm going to put some type of net to stop any thing from going in there

snowflake ell
What lighting are you using?

i have a aquastyle 24 dimmable led set up i just need to make some thing to hand it from . do you think i can use 3/4 pvc pipe to hang it from

somthing like this?

black_light_suspension2.jpg

snowflake ell
You used dry rock,so there's nothing in there, I think?

the wasnt dry i got it from a nother tank . and got the algea off it and let it cure in a tubawear and i used life sand and i put dead shrimp in there 2

snowflake ell
hmm, then i would say its done cycling. but i would wait another week before adding anything.

i wasnt going to add any thing till the 4th. but i wanted to add so live rock cover in coraline and a few mushrooms .is it better to add coral frist or fish/inverts frist?

Archived