Cultivated Reef

Snowflake's Transparent Reef

snowflake ell

snowflake ell

i going to start my 20 gallon with my 10 gallon refugium . i drilled my tank and my sump once but i want to drill it 4 more times . im going to billed a canopy with a leds fixture for it with my dad soon ill get pics soon
P6223011.jpg

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
snowflake ell
Sounds exciting. Looking forward to it.

yea it is

omgomgomg

:happydance:

what are you stockin plans??

some fish, (goby's) clowns, shrimp,softies , and some snails

snowflake ell
what are you led plans?

ill ask my dad what his plans are for the led case he now a bit more

the back is going to have 5 howls one for the intake and for the return

the return are going to have flex tubing the intake is going to be a pvc pip elbow with teeth

|--X--R--R--R--R-|

| ----------------| the X is intake the R is return

|--------------- -|

|--------- ---- ---|

snowflake ell
wow. Looks like a lot of plumbing.

Question: Did you spell "eel" wrong on purpose? ;)

no i didn't spell eel wrong on purpose i didn't realize my spelling mistake at first but i think it's cool B) . yea that is a lot of plumbing but it will be fun ;)

Sounds like a lot of flow! If you are using a standard AGA tank, be careful with the placement of the 5 holes if they are all on the back panel. I have see people crack tanks if they are too close or the plumbing pulls the wrong way on the glass. I even cracked a 15L with 2 bulkheads, luckily the tank was empty at the time.

C. Jerome

snowflake ell
Sounds like a lot of flow! If you are using a standard AGA tank, be careful with the placement of the 5 holes if they are all on the back panel. I have see people crack tanks if they are too close or the plumbing pulls the wrong way on the glass. I even cracked a 15L with 2 bulkheads, luckily the tank was empty at the time.

C. Jerome

im going to have a socket ball valve on the end of ever elbow so i can adjust the flow to my needs and i will support the plumbing . how fare apart shoo my howls be my one howl is 1 inch from the top of the glass and 2 inches from the side of the glass

So why are you having 4 returns? and only one intake? I'm sorry but I dont get where you are going with this Max :mellow:

snowflake ell
So why are you having 4 returns? and only one intake? I'm sorry but I dont get where you are going with this Max :mellow:

i thought if i had one pump and four returns . i wood not need as many power heads

snowflake ell

i have silicone in my tank thats lifting should i remove it and add more and what kind silicone should i use.

any help please :D

i thought if i had one pump and four returns . i wood not need as many power heads

Well, wouldnt, just one intake and two reterns,

l--R----X----R--l

its acomplishable

snowflake ell
will this be a 20 long?

20g high

Well, wouldnt, just one intake and two reterns,

l--R----X----R--l

its acomplishable

that's my new plan but it will be I--X---R---R--I cas my intake is already drilled

• 3 months later...
hear the skimmer i had glazer make me , he's a real cool dude

Thanks Max.... always nice to know you qualify as a "cool dude" B)

So how you making out with the tank? Plumbing in? Progress on the lighting front?

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
snowflake ell
Thanks Max.... always nice to know you qualify as a "cool dude" B)

So how you making out with the tank? Plumbing in? Progress on the lighting front?

Steve

im just making the sump this weak i might get some lights soon like this month soon

snowflake ell

to day i was board so i cut my acrylic to fit the sump

my teeth don't look that good

PB035813.jpg

PB035812.jpg

and i cut part of the rime to fit glazer skimmer better

PB035814.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived