Innovative Marine Aquariums

Asureef's Red Sea Reefer + *Frag Tank*

Asureef

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Sorry guys. I got busy and the tank took a hit, after that I pretty much lost interests but kept the tank running. It's pretty much automated, so keeping it up was easy. Basically, I don't do any testing anymore besides alk and cal. Water change maybe every 2 months if I remember. Fishes, I feed once or twice a day with frozen foods. The only thing I've changed was the lights. I bought the ATI hybrid 36" unit maybe 2yrs ago?

I don't have my camera anymore but here's a few pics using my iPhone.

Btw, I appreciate all the comments and PM's.

https://imgur.com/a/8Ta17

• Like 5
SouthFlorida_Tron

Pffft...

You: Tank "takes a hit" "acts like don't care for it"

Me: looks at pictures and rolls eyes as its still ten times better than mine even at try hard status...

• Like 1

Fixed that for you ;) .....It looks absolutely amazing. Incredible job man. Just look at how mature and beautiful those colonies are... I think you should win TOTY for this one.

IFQX7Bq.jpg

oilhXJt.jpg

yiz8U8g.jpg

Vu5QiAh.jpg

UDwUz4n.jpg

• Like 7
  • Wow 1

Pffft...

You: Tank "takes a hit" "acts like don't care for it"

Me: looks at pictures and rolls eyes as its still ten times better than mine even at try hard status...

Hey man!

Glad seeing you still around. I really to catch up with your build.

Fixed that for you ;) .....It looks absolutely amazing. Incredible job man. Just look at how mature and beautiful those colonies are... I think you should win TOTY for this one.

Lol.. I forgot how to do those tags, that's how long it's been. Thanks hype, you're the man!!

It looks like imageshack deleted all my photos as well. I'll check later to see if I still have some for re upload.

favorite tank of all time. :) glad it's still up!

Thanks bud, how's your reef doing?

Btw guys, any recommendation on a decent camera??

I sold off all my canon gear.

Por que?

I was using a Canon 40D, if you haven't noticed that dslr is 10yrs old.

Now, I'm interested in picking up a mirrorless SLR simply cause of the smaller body.

Holy crap.

Tank took a hit? Pfffft. :D Looks fantastic to me.

It did. If you compare the old FTS, you'll noticed the different coral placement. All the growth you see were within the last 1-2yrs, as I had to cut or throw away several pieces.

Wow beautiful tank!

Thanks

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I was using a Canon 40D, if you haven't noticed that dslr is 10yrs old.

Now, I'm interested in picking up a mirrorless SLR simply cause of the smaller body.

Can still get some pretty good pics out of them with good glass. :) I am personally not a fan of mirrorless, might want to borrow or rent one before buying and see if you like them. I had a T2i and went with an SL1, which is smaller and lighter but not quite as close as mirrorless, but still has the 'DSLR feel'. Takes great pics and is inexpensive, and combined with STM lenses they focus almost instantly. Get some good glass on them and it would be even better.

• Like 2

Can still get some pretty good pics out of them with good glass. :) I am personally not a fan of mirrorless, might want to borrow or rent one before buying and see if you like them. I had a T2i and went with an SL1, which is smaller and lighter but not quite as close as mirrorless, but still has the 'DSLR feel'. Takes great pics and is inexpensive, and combined with STM lenses they focus almost instantly. Get some good glass on them and it would be even better.

Well, I wanted to go smaller yet still be able to take quality photos. It's not fun carrying a dslr around.

I was set on the new Canon M5, but now leaning more towards Sony new a6500 after considering how good Sony high ISO is and they literally make the fastest focus camera in the market.

• Like 2
Christopher Marks

Well, I wanted to go smaller yet still be able to take quality photos. It's not fun carrying a dslr around.

I was set on the new Canon M5, but now leaning more towards Sony new a6500 after considering how good Sony high ISO is and they literally make the fastest focus camera in the market.

I think you'll be really happy with the a6500, particularly if you like to shoot video. I shoot with the Fujifilm X Series myself (X-T2), I'd recommend it first but the Sony is pretty user friendly and offers more video features. Mirrorless is definitely the way to go. Canon made a weak effort with the M5, they're playing catchup now.

The a6500 is pricey since it just came out, but you can save a lot on sales tax if you order online and out of state from Adorama: https://www.adorama.com/isoa6500.html

• Like 1

I think you'll be really happy with the a6500, particularly if you like to shoot video. I shoot with the Fujifilm X Series myself (X-T2), I'd recommend it first but the Sony is pretty user friendly and offers more video features. Mirrorless is definitely the way to go. Canon made a weak effort with the M5, they're playing catchup now.

The a6500 is pricey since it just came out, but you can save a lot on sales tax if you order online and out of state from Adorama: https://www.adorama.com/isoa6500.html

My order from B&H Photo arrived today. I got the Sony 6500 + Sony 35mm f/1.8 as "open box" with full warranty for a good deal, I think.

iTX2HBV.jpg

• Like 4

My image host pretty much killed off all my old photo uploads. Anyway, I re-up some for the first page and find it too time consuming. So, I created an album, filled it with some of the photos I've posted throughout the years. I know, I missed a few, but I'll re-up as I continue to find more. For those interested, visit the link below.

I'm on a laptop with a 4k monitor now and just realized how small of a resolution my old photos were. :mellow:

Asureef 40g photo log

• Like 1