Innovative Marine Aquariums

Phantasma

Kazooie

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Switched to Seachem Salt, and my green birdsnest has all but did. A dime-sized chunk is still alive and has polyp extension. :(

IMG_1619.jpg

There's been an outbreak of red slime algae lately. I'm going to start using the big blue jugs for water changes and top-offs from now on.

• 1 month later...

I've been phasing corals out of this tank, because I want to go a different rout. I'm thinking maybe macros with a wrasse or two, and a lemon peel angle. Thoughts?

i just saw an orange tail filefish at my LFS, one cool looking fish. i think they would look nice in a macro tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, missed your post. :blush:

I'm kinda going back and forth on what I want to do with this tank. I'm semi-tempted to take this tank down because I have a custom rimless 36"x24"x16"tall tank coming in any time now that I want to do sps in. But I also want to do that in this tank, and anemones, and angles, and macros, and clams.

Anyways, the tank looks kinda crappy right now because I still haven't gotten a RO/DI filter yet, but I am sometime in the next month or so. The only corals in it are the hammers, semi-happy kryptonite candy cane, purplish zoas, and the dying favia. But I do have a soft-ball sized chunk of GSP in the sump, in addition to some misc. shrooms.

There's another idea, a softie tank. But then the mp10 is wasted. :angry:

Finally, got time to clean and take pictures. If I can get the hammer to grow, I wouldn't mind just a tank full of them. :)

IMG_2025.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

As you can see, it's pretty empty right now. As soon as I get the RO/DI filter, I'm going to try sps again.

All the hermits ate most of the snails. This guy's been living in the sand though so he's been safe. :)

IMG_2109.jpg

Going to re-do my CUC when I get it done for the 67 gallon.

• 4 weeks later...
how is this? :huh:

I think it had water for the first time in November. I had crappy luck with coral so it's pretty much empt of anything.

IMG_2531.jpg

• 4 months later...

Neat tank, sorry to hear about the pest problems. You gotta get some kalk past on those aiptasias! Did you ever get yourself an RO/DI unit, also what drivers are you using for the LED's?

Yes, have a RO/DI unit now. Weather or not I have the energy to carry a bucket of water up the stairs is another question though. :P

Drivers... Whatever kind came with my kit from Aquastyles! :rolleyes:

I'm not overly worried about pesting it up, I actually kind of like the look of aptasias growing in a huge clump. Bubble algae not so much, but not much I can do there!

Once I have my new 67 eurobraced tank setup, this tank is coming down to help pay for it. I have a marching band trip to preform in the Rosebowl parade next year, and a trip to preform in Hawaii with my choir the February right after that, so money is a little tight. Also, I have to buy a new violin, and Sibelius 7.

Wow pretty busy I can see. That really cool you play the violin, I tried out the viola for a while but without lessons to get the proper techiques I didnt get very far. The 67 sounds like it would be epic, I hope you can squeeze out enough cash to make it happen soon

Archived