Pod Your Reef

Mangrove Island

Giga

I loved the old tank, and i'm sure i'm gonna love this one. a shallow mangrove tank like yours is a dream tank for me! good luck :D

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like it is going to be awesome!

I loved the old tank, and i'm sure i'm gonna love this one. a shallow mangrove tank like yours is a dream tank for me! good luck :D

thanks for the kind word, I'll do my best to impress everyone :lol:

captainbastard

Are you still just doing a lagoon like i suggested with the other one or going to have sps and softies?

Are you still just doing a lagoon like i suggested with the other one or going to have sps and softies?

don't really think I'm going to have many coral-maybe a couple down the road but the focus is all on making it look like a lagoon and mangroves, and hiding all the equipment.

Rough FTS-stands not done and tank needs to be finished and cleaned, but I wanted to see what it would look like-also the photo was taken with my phone

imag0184w.jpg

Wow that looks great giga. That stand is awesome.

thanks! I wanted something different from my other stands and that opened up the feel of the tank. I have to finish a few more of the supports but I'll do that tomorrow. So far I've used 140 screws,lol, and there the heavy duty nice screw too-I've spent like 40$ just on screws :huh:

lol, I've spent 40 bucks to build my entire stand. Not including spray paint though.. :/ Which was another 10$. Awesome setup Giga! Can't wait to see it all come together!

that is a killer stand and killer painting of your dog :lol:

yeah it a great painting that my wife did-she a fantastic painter/designer. Usually when I get stuck on a idea, I ask her for advice and she comes up with something amazing that I would never have thought of. It looks better in person but this is the best I can do with my phone's camera.

imag0189l.jpg

Great stand! :)

thank you-it came out better then I thought

Your stand is awesome! It reminds me one I once saw on theplantedtank.net. Is there any reason you decided to go with different braces on the bottom instead matching ones with the top? Welcome back and thanks for your service for our country. 1502.gif

Sorry to hear about the injury...but thanks for your service prior to. Much appreciated.

Welcome back to N-R...I'm super excited about seeing this tank get going again.

Stand looks great...I love that style of stuff.

what up with that wierd asian writing? does it actually mean something?

also, do you think you could get a mudskipper?

Your stand is awesome! It reminds me one I once saw on theplantedtank.net. Is there any reason you decided to go with different braces on the bottom instead matching ones with the top? Welcome back and thanks for your service for our country. 1502.gif

I don't want to put a shelf down there(makes it feel less open with one there) , so there was no need for the extra support.

I love that style of stuff.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what up with that wierd asian writing? does it actually mean something?

also, do you think you could get a mudskipper?

No the only thing I'm gonna most likely put in this tank is a peacock mantis, and couple starfish and maybe try a long spin urchin. We'll see how it goes as I'll have a couple corals as well i'm sure.

The Asian writing is Japanese for Mangrove lagoon 2. I grew up in the Japanese culture and have always had a fondness for their way of life.

No pictures but I did just order a mighty mite RODI again-sold my last one because I didn't think I'd need one again lol. Also I sold my T5 unit in favor of going with a led unit. I been itching to finally break into led so this tank is gonna be all LED lit. Gonna be a little different as the led will be more Tailored to growing plant life then corals and I'll using some bridgelux super led's as well as some cree's and maybe a couple others. All that said I order my heat sink from heatsinkusa.com

How does the mighty mite work for you? I was considering buying one next month (starting a shallow tank as well :)) and I don't have my own place yet so I didn't want to mess w/ my dad's plumbing/sink haha. Hoping it's just a screw on type deal! BTW I'm subscribed, I LOVED your last thread :D.

How does the mighty mite work for you? I was considering buying one next month (starting a shallow tank as well :)) and I don't have my own place yet so I didn't want to mess w/ my dad's plumbing/sink haha. Hoping it's just a screw on type deal! BTW I'm subscribed, I LOVED your last thread :D.

The last mighty might I had I used for a year and gave me 0 TDS the whole time,loved it. There great for small tanks,there cheap,effective and they hook up straight to the sink.

seriously cant get over how awesome that dog painting is!

The last mighty might I had I used for a year and gave me 0 TDS the whole time,loved it. There great for small tanks,there cheap,effective and they hook up straight to the sink.

now i want one...

seriously cant get over how awesome that dog painting is!

now i want one...

my wife thanks you for the compliment!

now more build pictures :D

well I have three packages en-route so should be lots of pics in a week :lol: :lol:----no I finished the stand so I'll take some more pictures tomorrow. I got to clean the tank too so i'll take lots of pics of that too for you all!

Archived