Cultivated Reef

Bonsai Reef Underwater, Breaking down!

d'Espresso

I took a break from nano-reef when I broke down my tank. But now that I'm back I just want to let you know your tank look amazing and inspire me

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey D hows the pygmy gobies?

Here they are doing good! this photo was taken last month before i took out most of the sand.

IMG_9803-1.jpg

Forgot all about this tank. Love... and I mean love the set up. Everything is so well orginized and clean. Makes me wanna break my tank down and redo it....

*Takes hat off* Amazing tank good sir.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your awesome feedback, guys/gals! i couldn't do without all your support and inspiring me to have a decent tank like it is today. i will share some some bad (and good) news, though.

Well, it took me awhile to come to this decision, but my wife and i just accepted a new job in Florida near (Orlando) and this will be our first time moving out of the state that we been living here in Mississippi for the past 27 years. Hopefully, everything will turns out good because we are kinda nervous just the thought of moving to a new location. If anyone knows any good safe place to stay in florida or around there please let us know.

It's been less than 7 months but this tank is going to be broken down over the the next couple weeks. I'll be selling the corals in the livestock classified forum soon, i will start with my favorite collection of Zoas and Palys, that i have been collecting over the past 5 years of reefing. i also have some few variety of rics and yumas too. Everything is healthy and growing well. Mostly covered the frag plugs or rock. Then most of the other corals i probably sell it to locals or to anyone that is interested on purchasing it til everything is gone to a good new home.

I won't be gone for long. As soon as my wife and I settle down in a more permanent location, I will be setting up a new reef tank. A tank that i been dreaming of building beyond any of my past Nano. This tank was great to experience but I plan to improve and following along with reef and technology.

Thanks you all these year that have been visiting my past nano threads. this is not good bye but just a break! Thanks

-Best regard,

David

Good luck with the move!

I know your next tank will be amazing!

B)

I agree with this guy! :D

It will be sad to see this tank (which I have been creepily following ha) go! As David said, I am sure the next tank will some how top this one ;)

I may have to buy some of your coral, that might make the move easier :happy:

Well if your moving near Orlando, you'll have no problem filling it back up. Between the numerous local reefers and LF stores, your bonsai will be up and running in no time.

That is sad to hear about this tank but good luck with your new job and have a great time in Florida.

Looking forward to your next tank.

Thanks parish! I am sad too! But the move must go on. How's everything going for you over there. Hope all is well. I miss your tank too!

Good luck with the move!

I know your next tank will be amazing!

B)

You bet I will, it gonna take a lot of saving though! Lol

How your tank going buddy!

good luck with the new place man. cant wait to see how the new tank turns out.

Thanks for the kind words. it's all up to the move now.

I agree with this guy! :D

It will be sad to see this tank (which I have been creepily following ha) go! As David said, I am sure the next tank will some how top this one ;)

I may have to buy some of your coral, that might make the move easier :happy:

Hi Jacob, how it's all coming along on your tank.

Hit me up i'll hook you up!

Well if your moving near Orlando, you'll have no problem filling it back up. Between the numerous local reefers and LF stores, your bonsai will be up and running in no time.

Oh hi! i see you live in Orlando. Maybe you can advise me some new LFS around there. i am not sure where i will be staying but we have been searching for an apartment up north of Orlando. Do you know any good safe area around there?

Hi Jacob, how it's all coming along on your tank.

Hit me up i'll hook you up!

It's doing well! I had some nitrate problems but now I have them under control and everything is really happy! :)

Sending a PM now :D

Now I'm jealous about your tank and your place of residence. I've been looking at moving to Florida forma while. Just can't find comparable pay outside dcmetro area. Let us all know how it's going. And set up a ne tank! Keep your equipment! Or give it to me :P

Thanks parish! I am sad too! But the move must go on. How's everything going for you over there. Hope all is well. I miss your tank too!

THank you. All the flood was gone as well as my pico. I am now working on a new tank

What is that yellow acro photed in the previous page?

Good Luck in your move. Alot of good reef stores and clubs in west and central fl. When i go to Orlando, I have to stop in to World Wide Corals. awesome!

Tank is officially have taken down and transfer to my prepaing moving tank. Planning and preparing to move the Little tank to Florida on a 10hour drive. Plan to move in First of march.

David, I love your screen, I really would like to make something as clean looking for my 7.5g cube as I would like to have a Helfrichi. Sorry to go off topic a bit, but do you happen to have a DIY there'd for that or a link to where you purchased it?

• 5 months later...

Archived