Pod Your Reef

Bonsai Reef Underwater, Breaking down!

d'Espresso

Got a chance to test out the Tunze skimmer and wow i was impressed of how much gunk it skimmed out for the past 2 days only. I can't imagine what it will look like in a week.

IMG_9546.jpg

Here a shot of one of my snowcasso grade B clownfish, He said feed me please!!!

IMG_9542.jpg

Here is my Bleeding Candy Maxi Mini

IMG_9688.jpg

Here is an unknown Palyps turnish green. Can someone id this? Dusty diamonds?

IMG_9695.jpg

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
chilled_fire

nice shots ! and wow that is lot of gunk :)

I am not sure about tunz, but does it require a certain water level ? I had to move my skimmer to second compartment as the level in last drops like crazy, not sure if its due to evaporation, dont see any leaks though .

Also i have added my old koralia 250 wavemaker in first compartment as there is practically no water movement there.

nice shots ! and wow that is lot of gunk :)

I am not sure about tunz, but does it require a certain water level ? I had to move my skimmer to second compartment as the level in last drops like crazy, not sure if its due to evaporation, dont see any leaks though .

Also i have added my old koralia 250 wavemaker in first compartment as there is practically no water movement there.

Yes it does require a certain level but i got it where it skimmed through fairly good. The water level in the last compartment is about 8" high. That is where the level is setup so that i will not get a flood in the sump or overflow the tank if it pumped all the water to the top DT.

I will try to add a powerfilter in the first compartment also since you have mention about no water movement there. Thanks for the idea!

Those Tunze skimmers are awesome :)

Love the mini nem!!

Thanks got2envy! Welcome to my new build..

You got that right? But it is just for temporary uses until i get find the right Skimmer that fits in the sump.

still lookin awesome. when do we get a new fts? august is almost over.... also i freakin love that mini

Sooon, I just need to get the right rock scape! For the moment it look like i just threw the rocks in there. I am just disappointed that i can't get it the way i wanted in faster. But WILL try to get it done by the end of AUG. Thanks for your patient everyone! :)

Dang that's some good nog with your Tunze. A weeks worth of skim for me is about half that and not nearly as dark. Did you do any mods to your 9002?

I love that mini nem :happy:

I love it too! Should i cut it in half. lol

+1. :wub:

Following.

Thanks and welcome on board to my new build project.

Dang that's some good nog with your Tunze. A weeks worth of skim for me is about half that and not nearly as dark. Did you do any mods to your 9002?

That's what i was saying too! i was surprised But to get that much skim out of the Tunze is because i was tweaking and tweaking to get the right amount of skim. I didn't want to skim it wet nor dry skim, so i just mess with it and let it alone.

having the skimmer and return pump in the same chamber? thats...interesting

I have no choice to put that skim so instead of the first chamber, i have to set it up on the last chamber and it is working out so far. NO micro bubbles return at all.

This is an amazing tank! Can't believe I haven't seen this before.

Thanks, I am glad you like it.

I finally finish my rock scape and pretty satisfied with the result. I have transfer all the corals over and it is scatter everywhere. Hopefully i get it done tonight and i will take some pictures and get the FTS up for your all.

I also am looking to upgrade the skimmer and find one that would fit in the sump but i am running into a problem that nothing i find would fit. i was consider looking at the Xtreme 120 Cone Protein Skimmer unless someone can recommend something else that would fit.

This is my sump > Proflex Sump Module 1

Here is the skimmer > Xtreme 120 Cone Protein Skimmer

i also was looking at the BM-NAC3.5 Cone Protein Skimmer and Reef Octopus but not so sure it will fit in the sump

could you get a pic of the mame replica? or do you have a link to the building plans for it?

i think i may build one.

also, i can't wait to see the pics :)

could you get a pic of the mame replica? or do you have a link to the building plans for it?

i think i may build one.

also, i can't wait to see the pics :)

It work like a charm. super quite, definitely make you one!

Here is my good nano-reef buddy J-Ranko click on the link to go to his fully detailed build

DIY MAME-style PVC overflow

thanks.

i forgot about that thread.

do you think it could do 300-400 GPH?

also, if the power goes out, when the pump goes back on will your tank flood or does the siphon restart?

Man, I had a BM NAC6 cone and it was ok... The pumps just sucks and the impeller broke twice on me. If you replace it its a good skimmer. Now I have a Reef Octopus Super Reef SSS XP1000 and WOW! That's a badass skimmer. Comes with the pump under the body which makes it very space saver. I had it in my small sump in my 20g cube. The Bubble Blaster pump is a great skimmer pump. Runs very efficient and has a lot of cool features. I'd check on that one as the SWC is a good looking skimmer but has the same pump brand as BM.

Looking forward to that FTS! :D

thanks.

i forgot about that thread.

do you think it could do 300-400 GPH?

also, if the power goes out, when the pump goes back on will your tank flood or does the siphon restart?

You'll need to build it with a much larger diameter PVC to handle that kind of flow.

i changed my mind again lol. i don't want my tank to flood if the power goes off.

It won't flood if you build it right and set-up it correctly, along with the requisite back-ups and redundancies, which you'll need whether it's the real MAME or an imitation.

Anyways, I don't want to hijack d'Espresso's thread any further. PM me if you need more info.

Squared - i tested the overflow and it doesn't flood the tank. It automate start because The venturi is connected to the overflow line to vacuum or sucks out the air in the overflow and therefor starts the siphon in the overflow line which able to hold siphon in the event of a power outage. So conclusion it does resume siphon once the pump restarts.

P.S. i tested 20 times to make sure and watch it carefully with the help from J-Ranko. I really thank him for all his help!

J-Ranko it is ok to use my thread to help others. No problem bro!

Are you all ready?

Will be updated September 1st 2011 12:00A.M.

Here's a teaser! :lol:

IMG_9784.jpg

IMG_9783.jpg

thanks d.

but i'm still throwing around ideas, i just need a place to put my skimmer. thinking of a DIY HOB skimmer holder.

ok i'll stop cluttering your thread now.

How did i miss this?????? I love how neat and tidy your sump looks. Great job on the screen. Be careful though, those ADA metal clips will rust.

How did i miss this?????? I love how neat and tidy your sump looks. Great job on the screen. Be careful though, those ADA metal clips will rust.

:lol: Because your Tank was much better and sexy then mine. Thanks for the kind words my friend! I will keep an eye on those ADA metal clips.

To everyone that have been waiting, tagging, following along my build project, i would like to announce an exciting news. This is what you all have been waiting for...

I present to you...

FULL TANK SHOT

Tonight Mid-night at 12 O'clock a.m. :D

Archived