Top Shelf Aquatics

Bonsai Reef Underwater, Breaking down!

d'Espresso

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how are you attaching the cover to the tank? i've got some clear netting for my 25g mr aqua and im struggling to figure out how to keep it on the inside of the rim so its not resting on top of the tank

I got these clips from ADA long time ago when i had the ADA 30c, the clips came along with it so i saved for this project that i am currently working on. I made a tight fit and it easy to take off for cleaning or FTS. Look how it is tucked inside instead of sitting on top of the rimless tank. Now no fish can escape out and this will keep anyone mind at peace by doing this diy fish cover net. Well, I can't describe any better on how i did but hopes pictures is worth a 1000 words for how i did this.

IMG_9481.jpg

IMG_9482.jpg

IMG_9483.jpg

IMG_9484.jpg

IMG_9485.jpg

IMG_9486.jpg

sorry about the flashes

That's a good idea for a cover! I wonder if they sell any kind of clips like those at a hardware store... Then again, I'm sure I could fashion one out of something :P I have a glass cover but the hinge that allows the front to flip up is about 1/2 inch of black plastic which makes an ugly shadow in the tank.

FTS? :)

too...many...buttons :(

IMG_9534.jpg

There is never enough buttons. lol Each button is special for different controls and easy to turn on/off for easy access.

The order of buttons 1 thru 8 on the 8 channels that i have it setup:

Button 1. control the RKL

Button 2. control MP10ES #1

Button 3. control MP10w ES #2

Button 4. control Maxspect 160w G2 400

Button 5. control Rio Pump 1400 return

Button 6. control Auto Top Off

Button 7. control under cabinet lights

Button 8. control Ecotech Backup Battery pack

On RKL i have connected the Temp, Heater, Skimmer, and LED lights for the Chaeto. I have setup the buttons because it will be easy for turning off any button especially when i do waterchange or feed the fish.

Also here is how i have my Proflex sump layout 1st chamber filter socks, 2nd chamber Heater and Chaeto/ live rocks, 3rd chamber bag of Chemi-pure, 4th chamber Tunze 9002 skimmer and Rio 1400 return pump

IMG_9535.jpg

Hopefully this helps out why i have that many functions of buttons! :P

FTS will be posted sometime this coming week. stay tuned!

Great build you got going, d'! Your sump's well laid out and the set-up is really clean.

too...many...buttons :(

nah...I wish I had set-up my former tank with that many buttons. :lol: Would have made things a lot simpler and easier to work around the sump.

I love this build! looks so much like mine! (never saw you build before) :P Very clean. Good job on the stand! I see you have two vortechs but one of them is ES and the other w ES. Is it possible to synchronize them or both have to be wireless? I'm planning on buying another pm10 and upgrading my current controller for the newer.

I love how clean your setup is. Can't wait to see some stuff in it.

Thankyou, i can't wait to let you all see it too! I am not ready yet because my scape is not the way i wanted it to be. i am still working on it and need to fully transfer everything soon.

Your tank is coming along great!

Glad you like it bro, glad to have you on board too!

I like!

Me too!

Looking really nice Bud. Can't wait to see this tank progress!

It's coming along ok still have a few minor mistake that i need to fix. But definitely keep you intouch since we both have the same tank. haha

Wow! everything looks perfect d' !

Nice build! ;)

Not good as yours, i still wish ADA would of put out more tank of the ADA60-p but they were out of stock so i went with Mr. Aqua

Awesome

:)

I love this build! looks so much like mine! (never saw you build before) :P Very clean. Good job on the stand! I see you have two vortechs but one of them is ES and the other w ES. Is it possible to synchronize them or both have to be wireless? I'm planning on buying another pm10 and upgrading my current controller for the newer.

Glad you came by and visit my thread. It's an honor to have the great sammy on board. I haven't got the chance to test out the synchronize but i will try it later since you have mention it. You definitely gonna like another MP10 because with going barebottom you want to hit the flow with all the dead spot. On my setup i use a feather attach to the stick to see where all the current flow and dead spot are, then i adjusted my flow.

can you get an FTS? i only keep seeing the SPS on the top half...and it's bugging me not knowing the bottom half :P

Yes we can soon. I am still working on the rock scape and coral layout. It's bugging me to that i can't get it the way i wanted to be. :)

hey david, when you get bored of the mp10's, I call dibs on them. Dont forget!

It's gonna be awhile but i'll get you in the back of my brain. lol :P

Yes we can soon. I am still working on the rock scape and coral layout. It's bugging me to that i can't get it the way i wanted to be. :)

i know how you feel. i hate scaping :(

i know how you feel. i hate scaping :(

Can anyone give me some ideas on rock scape for a 24" wide tank? This is my first wide tank and it's hard to layout the rock side way. I have always been a cube rock scaper but this is a challenge for me. Should i have 2 islands or one whole islands or 3 islands? Help! You all can add pictures for example for me thanks!

-david

Can anyone give me some ideas on rock scape for a 24" wide tank? This is my first wide tank and it's hard to layout the rock side way. I have always been a cube rock scaper but this is a challenge for me. Should i have 2 islands or one whole islands or 3 islands? Help! You all can add pictures for example for me thanks!

-david

2 islands could look nice, or maybe a scape sort of like mine with an arch-like shape forming a cave in the center of the tank.

Archived