inTank Media Baskets

Bonsai Reef Underwater, Breaking down!

d'Espresso

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:happy:Drumrolls* :)

Sump and Reefcleaner Rocks

Yay!!! My sump and rocks came in today.. Oooh Weee!

The sump i have purchase that is made by Aqueon. It is Modular ProFlex Sump Filtration Model 1 and the sump design is a true beauty. I carefully have taken out the box and exam the surrounding of the unit. The package came in a big box and wrapped in scratch paper and was also protect with another box that was specially made for the sump. I was jumping for joy and the ups man thought i was a little nut. So i brought it home and test it out the stand to make sure it will fit inside the stand. It is a little tight but still i can reach in there with my hands to work around the sump if i ever need to do a water change. i have plan to go with Filter floss, Chaeto, rumble rocks, and Chemipure Elite.

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0185-1.jpg

IMG_0182-1.jpg

IMG_0186-1.jpg

IMG_0184-1.jpg

ROCKS

Reefcleaners rock is truly amazing! If anyone wanna buy some cool looking rocks, you should go here to

Reefcleaners.org These rocks are unbelievable! I have purchase about 17lbs of Macros Reefcleaners rocks are one of the best i ever seen.

Here is some pictures:

IMG_8858.jpg

IMG_8855.jpg

IMG_8856.jpg

IMG_8857.jpg

John@(Reefcleaners) You have done a very nice job of choosing out the rocks i needed for my setup. Thanks you so much!

Can't wait to play with scaping soon! Can someone recommended me some idea for a awesome scape or minimalist scape! :)

Ideas and Comments are welcome..

Automation & Electrics Layout

I plan on having a few other things automated in and around the aquarium. In order to achieve this I needed a controller of some sort so I chose the Reef Keeper Lite.

Basically, the Reef Keeper Lite will be the heart of the system and everything else will run off it. The 8 Channels American DJ Powerbar is connected to the main power wall and the RKL is connected to the Powerbar which will operate the pumps and various other electrical components. I have finish installed most of my wires and mounted everything in place.

To visually see where everything plug-in this is how i layout:

IMG_9265.jpg

IMG_9275.jpg

IMG_9273.jpg

Also a Good thing is that i installed the under led cabinet lights so that i can see inside the stand if i needed to do maintenance work. Almost there... :)

Whats the bill up to now?

I seen a front tank shot of your other tank and its great.

The tank you have seen was just a frag tank. It's made by AA 14g cube but was just babysitting my rocks and corals that's all but no worries, I am in the progress of trying to transfer everything soon! Thanks for the kinds words everyone. It's been a long day at work all this weekend, hopefully I get to finish some more things on Sunday. Have a great week!

your tank looks super clean! the lay out and everything, i love the way the door slides out. wat kind of light will u use? and how come u did not drill the tank? drilled or not its still beautiful!

redkneecoral

Those rocks out very interesting to work with. I could have a fun time making something awesome with that, like an arch and ledges for fish to hide in or for lower lighting corals to place half way under the ledges. Just an endless possibilities work with.

Now with the sump, I'm loving it. great setup you have going on so far.

I'm dying to see what you'll do next.

Amazing job ;)

bwoodward0012

i love the way you have all the controls set up. for all that equipment everything seems nice and organized. its coming along nicely.

your tank looks super clean! the lay out and everything, i love the way the door slides out. wat kind of light will u use? and how come u did not drill the tank? drilled or not its still beautiful!

Those rocks out very interesting to work with. I could have a fun time making something awesome with that, like an arch and ledges for fish to hide in or for lower lighting corals to place half way under the ledges. Just an endless possibilities work with.

Now with the sump, I'm loving it. great setup you have going on so far.

I'm dying to see what you'll do next.

Amazing job ;)

i love the way you have all the controls set up. for all that equipment everything seems nice and organized. its coming along nicely.

Sooo fresh and so clean! I really like how organized it is everything is placed like it was meant to be there.

The lights will be discuss in my next updates! i will go in detail for you all my good nano reef friends! Thanks you all for your support i really appreciated all the kindness that been giving and hopefully helping someone else with my thread build project someday.

Nice start, everything looks very clean... But aren't you worried about salt creep on all your electronics?? Salt can do a number on things, and an overflow causes quite a bit of humidity.

Definitely a very clean build so far.

+1 Looks incredible so far..

Nice start, everything looks very clean... But aren't you worried about salt creep on all your electronics?? Salt can do a number on things, and an overflow causes quite a bit of humidity.

I am not to worried about salt creeper because I forgot to mention that all my wires is wrapped in Flex tube cable manager to Keeps patch cords & power cables neat & tangle free. Protective covering is the best way to go if you want a carefree cleanest and helps with the salt creeper.

This is what i use for big or small wires:

Flex-tube-cable-manager-keep-cables-neat-tangle-free-picture.jpg

The interior of your cabinet looks way better than mine by the way, damn your organizational skills.

What else to can i say.. i am a organized clean freak! :P

Thanks - MGDMIRAGE, REHYPE, nate82, Jacobnano

Welcome you all on board.. hope this will be an exciting build for you all. good news i did a leak test and now i have sand and water in the tank! Will update soon!

Well it looks very nice for being an empty tank :D

Not empty anymore! :lol:

********************************************************************************

WATER IN THE TANK

Guess you all been waiting for this. I got to excited so here some pictures of how my sunday went so far.

IMG_9269.jpg

IMG_9272.jpg

There is plenty of room around the edges for cleaning the glass, corals to grow and fish to swim.

What do you all think about the scape? Should I add anything? Any suggestions?[/font]

Looks good! I was thinking you might want it a little taller, and maybe add some more sand? I really do like minimalist scapes though.

Archived