ReefCleaners.org

Keydiver's 24x18x24 exo-terra vivarium

keydiver

Do the frogs eat the isos? How big are the isos?

They eat the dwarf whites and the smaller giant oranges, and the springtails. It's just a snack until they are fed fruit flies

I hate bugs.

Sorry to hear that :lol: . They're pretty cool once you get past the spiny legs and scary mandibles.

Looks fantastic!! Moar pix :P

Thanks Maria, So does yours! My pics lack in the macro side, because they are all being taken with a 4mp point and shoot lol. But I will try to get some more cool pics

• 2 weeks later...

Just got 2 more azeurus froglets for an awesome deal, I couldn't pass them up. That makes 4, hopefully I will get a pair out of these guys so I can try my hand at rearing tads. Pics to follow.

A friend of mine hooked me up with some awesome new broms, so I have those sterilized and in my viv. I also got a sweet popperomia that has been doing well for the past week of two.

The new frogs are eating well, as are the originals. I took feeding time as an opportunity for a photo shoot.

digging through leaf litter for fruit flies and springtails

dtinctoriusazeurs005.jpg

An overhead view

dtinctoriusazeurs010.jpg

solitary shot

dtinctoriusazeurs008.jpg

n. "fireball" cultivar

dtinctoriusazeurs016.jpg

FTS 7/9/11

dtinctoriusazeurs012.jpg

Do these guys make noise? Frogs have interested me for a while but never pulled the trigger.

They really only make noise when the dominant male is calling. This particular species has a call that is pretty much inaudible outside the tank, it's like a low humming sound. These guys are froglets, so I have yet to hear a call. They're awesome if you're thinking about starting a setup for them.

My Iso's have FINALLY started breeding. It took something close to 2 months.The dwarf whites have tons of little babies everywhere, but I don't know how many to seed the viv with. I don;t want to ruin my culture, but I would like to use some to setup a new culture and seed my viv. Any advice?

Also, what are these 2 new broms?

Possible june nights?

vivpics006.jpg

vivpics004.jpg

baby dwarf white iso's

vivpics011.jpg

fruit flies shot

vivpics002.jpg

one of my azeurus

vivpics001.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here's an update. My azeurus are eating like pigs....they've grown so much in the last couple months. I went to the reptile breeders expo in daytona beach and got some awesome moss, a couple new broms, and a bean beetle culture. My paperomia died, so that's kind of annoying. I also got a new 24" 2x24w T5HO fixture, which is really bringing out the color of my plants.

FTS 9-6-11

vviariumupdates012.jpg

"june nights" brom

vviariumupdates014.jpg

random brom

vviariumupdates013.jpg

moss macro

vviariumupdates011.jpg

my largest azeurus- the other two are almost as big, but this one's my fave

vviariumupdates010.jpg

vviariumupdates009.jpg

My latest project- it has a moving river that flows into a pond, pretty much operational just needs to be planted

vviariumupdates020.jpg

ANDDD- the frogs that will inhabit the new one- brazilian yellow heads B)

vviariumupdates006.jpg

Feel free to comment and critique!

Your vivarium's are really cool! They are really interesting.. I want to build one for myself, did you paint the foam on the back wall or did it dry that color?

and as far as the plants go do you use a special light like we use on our aquariums or do you keep it by a window :P?

Thanks for sharing your tanks btw!

your name made me listen to holy diver by dio..

Your vivarium's are really cool! They are really interesting.. I want to build one for myself, did you paint the foam on the back wall or did it dry that color?

and as far as the plants go do you use a special light like we use on our aquariums or do you keep it by a window :P?

Thanks for sharing your tanks btw!

your name made me listen to holy diver by dio..

lol good song for sure. For lighting, I just use T5HO's, they seem to be the best choice for vivs. As far as the background, I used great stuff foam to make the texture, then painted it with silicon and smooshed peat moss into it, giving it the nice natural brown look.

Thanks for the compliments!

Those Brazilian Yellow Heads are awesome.

What's your feeding schedule for dart frogs like?

Thanks AM! Feeding is much more simple than a reef, just some dusted fruit flies once a day, and if there's leftovers i'll skip a feeding.

Culturing FF's is kinda bothersome though

That doesn't seem too bad. I want to have a chameleon vivarium :D That would be awesome. Either that or anoles.

I bred jackson chameleons for a little while....definitely not as addicting as dart frogs to me, but cool nonetheless

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived