Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mike's 29gal Biocube on full tilt

BowieReefer84

BowieReefer84

Picked up a frag of hologram montipora from a local reefer. He got it directly from Ian on R2R. Can't wait for it to grow out. I glued it down on a fist sized rock giving him good space to encrust nicely.

5801273844_01d4974c94_b.jpg

hologram monti by mteske1, on Flickr

I think this is my new favorite.

• 5 months later...
Picked up a frag of hologram montipora from a local reefer. He got it directly from Ian on R2R. Can't wait for it to grow out. I glued it down on a fist sized rock giving him good space to encrust nicely.

5801273844_01d4974c94_b.jpg

hologram monti by mteske1, on Flickr

I think this is my new favorite.

That is an amazing monti frag. I think the dimensions are most impressive, the dark sides with 'hologram' highlights down the sides. Is it growing over a plug of that shape, or taking that shape itself somehow?

Um, all the evaporation occurs in chamber 3 with the return pump... You need to top off level 3. How long have you had it set up that way?

Thanks for the compliments on the container. I like it a lot.

As long as the float switches are in chamber 3 it doesn't matter where you put your topoff water enters the tank since it all mixes together. I have mine enter the tank in chamber 1 so that it has a chance to mix with the salt water in the next two chambers before it gets pumped back into the display portion. I've had it setup this way since March and it seems to work just fine.

As long as the float switches are in chamber 3 it doesn't matter where you put your topoff water enters the tank since it all mixes together. I have mine enter the tank in chamber 1 so that it has a chance to mix with the salt water in the next two chambers before it gets pumped back into the display portion. I've had it setup this way since March and it seems to work just fine.

How'd you mount the float switches?

Archived