Cultivated Reef

Karismas pico build (4.4 gallon AIO)

karisma

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is the panda goby eating? your SPS?

NO? ITS IN THE BAG STILL IN THAT PICTURE LOL

on another note....got my controller :)

post-66802-1320299157_thumb.jpg post-66802-1320299146_thumb.jpg

o_O

it's still in your bag 5 days later?!

oh wait, i get your question finally lol, i actually havent seen it since i put it in the tank?1?

that's not good... but at least it finally got into the tank after 5 days :lol:

the thing with pandas is that i hear they are even more picky with food than regular clown gobies (greens/yellows)

Dam%@#!!!!!!! i really am having trouble with fish in this tank! im thinking in the new setup maybe just do coral one sexy shrimp and one small picasso clown? hope that works, itll be about 11 gallons total.

that sounds like it should work. would be spot on with the stocking because you technically could get even more into 11 gals with a strict water change regimen. one clown is light and perfect.

that sounds like it should work. would be spot on with the stocking because you technically could get even more into 11 gals with a strict water change regimen. one clown is light and perfect.

Alright sweet! Think I may just take a true perc from my nano to put in there. It's a nice slightly onyx breed.

got my mp10w! Im going to start the new build this weekend.

here is the complete set of parts used in the build.

post-66802-1320457493_thumb.jpg

and the tank....

post-66802-1320457660_thumb.jpg

Wow, that must be quite a few $$s worth

and the tank....

post-66802-1320457660_thumb.jpg

This would be the most awsome christmas gift ever !

• 2 weeks later...

I think im having issues with some of the pods picking at and irritating my red ring colony of zoas, they are slowly dying off and i noticed alot of pods scurrying about in between them and some even what looks like picking at the center of the polyps, anybody heard of them doing this or have this problem before? input if not? im not melting them with the leds im sure of it because others are doing quite well in the zoa garden....

• 1 month later...

well, i will say that i think i have this zoanthid problem from not dipping my corals, im going to use coral rx, from now on with ANY live rocks/coral going into the new build! I believe i either had some zoa disease or its this strange crab i've seen once or twice in my tank, either way nothing else was disturbed, only the zoas.

that's not good... but at least it finally got into the tank after 5 days :lol:

the thing with pandas is that i hear they are even more picky with food than regular clown gobies (greens/yellows)

My panda is still kicking. Oh yeah, Karisma, you won't see the panda for like a week.

Mine kinda forages. I know he's eating cause he's not getting skinnier and has grown a bit since I've put him in the tank. But I've actually only seen him eat what I've given him once. I don't feel so bad though because basically my 4g is an nps tank, so I need to do daily feedings anyway. I've seen him attack pretty large pods too. They're little, but they got big mouths. Also, I don't have sps in my tank (does the gorgonian count?) so he stays in the rocks. If he does indeed only eat pods, then my daily feedings encourage pod growth, so it all comes out in the wash in the end.

Only time will tell. If I'm still saying that my panda's still kicking 2 months from now, then I think I'm being successful with him. Right now, I can only guess. I do like him, though. Great little fish. Lots of personality. Really started to come out of his shell when I added more critters to the tank. I think he's like "well, if the cleaner shrimp is out and not afraid, I don't have to hide either."

Good luck with yours.

L

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived