Pod Your Reef

Problems with install...

Adam_T

So...I've set up many tanks in the past and am not new to AIO tanks, but seem to have had difficulty installing the "Fish Saver" on my new BC14.

I put the media rack in easily (didn't install the flow deflectors yet because of the fish saver), but the Fish Saver was a whole different story. The moment I tried to "slide" the fish saver over the tank, I noticed that the notch was about 1/4'' off center with the chamber 2/3 divider that it is supposed to fit on top of. This meant I had to angle the fish saver slightly to fit the farthest wall notch in first prior to sliding this down onto the 2/3 chamber dividing wall. Yeah....still didn't even come close. What do I do next? The only thing I could do...

Slightly bend the fish saver to try and fit it in my BC14.

Snap.

I even watched 3 different install videos for the different sized biocubes. None of them show how to actually "slide" the fish saver in place. The Fish Saver "install videos" didn't even show the fish saver being installed.

Long story short (pssh), I will just be super glueing the 2 halves of the fish saver in place to keep my fish from dying.

PS: not bashing the product. everyone knows inTank products ROCK and are very solid. Maybe I just got one that was off or my tank dimensions are a bit retarded.

Hi Adam-

The fish saver has to be the easiest product we have which has me believe your BC14 has a wall out of line. You can't bend acrylic like some other plastics it will snap

Installs like this:

IMG_2261.jpg

What is this dimension on your tank?

IMG_2262.jpg

Haha, yeah...I mean I know it has to be a great product (everyone else has said this), and the install is literally common sense (hence why you don't go into detail on the video), but mine wouldn't even come close to sitting down how those are in the picture. Even now when it is snapped in half, the notch that goes horizontal against the rim of chamber 3 touches the edge of that rim, unlike your bottom picture which shows about 5mm of room left over. :-(

The dimensions between the areas you are pointing are 12 centimeters, or 4 6/8 inches.

Mine, standard BC14 production is 128 mm or 12.8 cm if the caliper is touching the walls/molding, not over it. Maybe that is why yours did not fit?

The part with the horizontal cut (cord pass) is supposed to touch the edge of the molding. So is yours off by only 8 mm?

If we need to customize one for you email us, we'll work it out. I can route a larger grove so it will fit. The laser cutter makes everything 100% the same so we'll have to go back to power tools

Archived