Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Downsizing without Downgrading

ap123

nano-paul
^^^ all assuming I know what electrical conduit is. Or that I've ever had occasion to make my own floor lamp. :P

Off to check the google.

Your husband does. If he doesn't I am pulling his man card and stealing you for my babby maker.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nano-paul
Ok, I looked on Home Depot. Would I need that if I was rigging something from a restaurant supply store?

Most of the restaurant fixtures hang from the ceiling, so you would still have to rig it up. Pretty easy to do though.

I think I'm going to end up choosing something cheap and temporary for now, and take my time to decide on/find the perfect fixture. :)

btw, Paul, manly doesn't necessarily include things like plumbing and electrical work here in the city. That's what the super is for. ;):P

any way to rig up just a basic edison socket to some conduit bent like a shepherd's crook?

that would work. most conduit can also be painted to match the home decor. Some also comes pre cut 7 threaded into certain sizes & can be formed into something that resembles a J or a L using LB's or LR's iirc those are called condelettes. can be found at any hardware store or eletrical supply store

Your husband does. If he doesn't I am pulling his man card and stealing you for my babby maker.

i lol'ed

Thanks guys. :flower:

Though I have to admit to a little giggle with your assumptions re what tools I might have on hand. :P

If you know where you want the bends, bat your eyelashes and sashay a bit, I bet the boys at Lowes or Home Depot would do the bends for you! Just sayin..................................

Why, Henry! I'm shocked and appalled. :o

:lol::P

And pretty certain the guys at Home Depot wouldn't be impressed. ;)

Worth a shot, though. :D

Don't make me come up there and smack you, Anne!

You are beautimous!!!

Hmmmmmmmmm...............pics or it didn't happen!!!! B)

Now Henry, you should know the answer to that. Join us on the dark side, there are pics there. B)

i must have missed that memo, can you forward it to me

Sand options. What's your favorite, and why?

When I started the 45, I bought whatever was available in the LFS, cause I had no patience to order online. Nothing wrong with what I had, but because it was a bigger grade, it often looks a little like Coney Island in there, and I actually have coralline growing on the largest grains :angry:

PS: I still has no patience.

I like non live Fiji pink. Not to big. Not too small. Just right. Lol. That's what I have in the 75 .

and I actually have coralline growing on the largest grains :angry:
The sandbed in the 180 looks HORRIBLE because of coralline. If I didn't have so many freaking dwarf snails that I would lose I would siphon it all out and start over.

I used oolite (the sugar fine stuff) in my 37 re-do. I think it's too fine, even just my couple of koralia's in that tank blow it around. I am going to try fiji pink next time I need sand.

Thanks Kim and Skillzy B)

I've been eyeing the Fiji Pink online, but no one seems to have it locally. I hate the thought of having to wait AND spending for shipping on sand. I'm frugal that way :P

Skillz-sorry to say, I'm glad someone besides me has experienced the coralline on the sandbed nuisance. :angry:

Because this is a bitty tank, I was tempted to try one of the black sands, thinking if there's a problem it wouldn't be too much to remove and replace. Then I remembered how lazy I am, and how unlikely I would be to follow through. :haha:

LOL. I am lazy also. If you wanted live sand I got it off eBay for my 30 gl. It was the nicest live sand I have ever seen. So much life in it. I prefer non live now. Just easier to do everything dry and cheaper. Did you find a light fixture yet? I ordered my bulbs last night. And was going for sand later after work . One day I will add water LOL

Yeah I'm excited also. I have had this 20l since may of last year. Just sitting on a stand staring at me. Hopefully by summers end it should be cycled. The scape is done,filter in,Heater in, lights on the way. Cover made. It is ready LOL Sat I'm going to rescape the 75 going to add more rock getting rid of the two islands. Need more room for corals giggle

Need more room for corals

You know this statement requires a current FTS :D

I just went to the little LFS I used to get stuff from. Mostly new staff, fine. I stop a girl who works there to ask a question, she tells me she's going to get the guy who is their salt water/reef expert. Fine.

"Do you ever carry any Fiji Pink sand?"

"You want PINK sand?!"

:huh: So glad I waited to speak with their expert. :rolleyes:

Archived