inTank Media Baskets

reefer38's 2.5 AIO aiptasia pico

reefer38

first off, i would like to thank monochrome5 for the idea of a pest anemone tank (here is his)

here is the tank before i added the AIO feature to it.

0423111317.jpg

and here it is after

0423111436.jpg

0423111437.jpg

0423111437a.jpg

the equipment i will be using is as follows:

hagen powerhead 301

walmart par30 led bulb

tetra 50w heater

filter floss

activated carbon in filter bags

here are some pictures if the tank all set up. i should be getting the aiptasia tomorrow.

0429112251.jpg

0429112252.jpg

0429112252a.jpg

i added some dwarf ceriths, hermits, and an emerald crab (he was eating my macros) from my reef tank.

100_2285.jpg

100_2284.jpg100_2286.jpg

100_2287.jpg100_2288.jpg100_2289.jpg100_2290.jpg100_2292.jpg

You should add some mojanos. They're the most beautiful pests imo. Cool concept.

if i ever see any at my LFS or if a local reefer has some they dont want i definitely will.

have you seen the ones with the fancy colors? like purple and green. sooo awesome!

The first time I visited my LFS I saw a beautiful mojano on some LR and asked if I could buy it not knowing what it was. The guy said, "This? It's a stupid pest, you dont want it" and threw it away. In retrospect he was a stupid LFS employee, it was better looking than a lot of corals out there :tears:

Awesome concept for a tank! Maintenance should be easy :) What exactly do you have goin on the the sump?

Awesome concept for a tank! Maintenance should be easy :) What exactly do you have goin on the the sump?

are you referring to the filter section in the back of the tank as the sump? there is no larger tank below it. but i have some filter floss, carbon, filter pellets, the heater (50 watt), and the hagen 301 pump.

i've had to top off the tank almost everyday so far, i need to get a cover for it. i also spot feed the two larger anemones with blood worms occasionally.

Monochrome5

I saw this and was like "Hey, that's my idea!". Then I read the first sentence haha :lol:

Anyway, looks great! If you'd like, I can take a walk down the dock and pull off some blood red aiptasia for you (the ones I have in my tank). They're a blast! Glad to see someone else diving into the world of pest anemones!

PS: Following along :)

Archived