Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kazooie's Alaska Photographery

Kazooie

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

havent checked out this thread in a while but your skills have improved a ton :) great job kazooie!

I really like all the negative space or whatever (white) in this one

IMG_1085.jpg

havent checked out this thread in a while but your skills have improved a ton :) great job kazooie!

I really like all the negative space or whatever (white) in this one

IMG_1085.jpg

Thanks, though I don't feel like I've improved too much. :l

what's the "macro adapter ring" youre talking about?

It's just part of a fish-eye screw-on make by Opteka. It's only good for taking pictures like the penny, because you have to get withing about 2 inches of the subject. And it has a really low Aperature, even though those pennies were taken at f11. But it's still fun to play around with. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Opteka-35x-Angle-Fis...n/dp/B000TQPTTM

I like the tryptic a lot. The puff balls remind me of growing up. Ever kick one only to find out it was wet :angry:

It looks like you are making some pretty good progress.

Some of the later photos actually look good. I can see the use of perspective going on. That could be an accident though. I'm a super noob as far as photography goes so I am still in the early learning stages myself. One thing that I do seem to be seeing is a lack of HDR where it is needed.

What are you using for post process and development? I use Adobe Lightroom for developement and occasionally I will run an image through photoshot for some more specific detail editing.

I like the tryptic a lot. The puff balls remind me of growing up. Ever kick one only to find out it was wet :angry:

It looks like you are making some pretty good progress.

Thanks, though it looks so blurry here. :( Love them though, especially when you can find a cluster of them! :)

Some of the later photos actually look good. I can see the use of perspective going on. That could be an accident though. I'm a super noob as far as photography goes so I am still in the early learning stages myself. One thing that I do seem to be seeing is a lack of HDR where it is needed.

What are you using for post process and development? I use Adobe Lightroom for developement and occasionally I will run an image through photoshot for some more specific detail editing.

Ughhhh HDR, the bane of my existence! I know it'd work well, but I just don't understand how to work Photomatix! :blush:

What I'm using is UFRAW and GIMP with a couple scripts that can never remember what they do. Hoping to get PS sometime soon though. :)

IMG_1159.jpg

Deleted User 6

HDR is for ubernoobs.

The last couple pages are an improvement. Mainly in the lighting and composition area. Some of the subjects are still a bit boring, but you don't always get to choose what you're looking at.

HDR is for ubernoobs.

The last couple pages are an improvement. Mainly in the lighting and composition area. Some of the subjects are still a bit boring, but you don't always get to choose what you're looking at.

Wow, thanks. That means a lot coming from you! :)

Tried fire photography tonight, not sure on how I like it. :l

IMG_1227.jpg

IMG_1230.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

Some of those photos are pretty darn nice! :) Keep going buddy!

Thanks! I'm still learning and having fun, so definitely sticking around! :)

IMG_1312.jpg

Everyone has moon shots. I've got my share. This morning at about 5:50 a.m. and me on my way to work to clock in by 6, I notice this bright light through some of the historic buildings in town. The moon was literally sitting on the horizon with any part of the historic district framing it.

If I would have had my camera with me I would have just had to go in to work late. I don't know much about moon cycles but hopefull I can get out early enough in the morning and it be there again.

• 4 weeks later...
IMG_1545.jpg

Looks like you are still playing with the shallow DoF and not aiming for image quality. I actually like the foundation of this photo. The perspective is great, the scene is nice. I think this would be a nice shot as a sharper image with the beans actually in focus.

Looks like you are still playing with the shallow DoF and not aiming for image quality. I actually like the foundation of this photo. The perspective is great, the scene is nice. I think this would be a nice shot as a sharper image with the beans actually in focus.

Thanks, and yeah, still trying to figure out how much it changes in-picture. :)

IMG_1568.jpg

Thanks, and yeah, still trying to figure out how much it changes in-picture. :)

IMG_1568.jpg

What aperture are you typically shooting at? General rule of thumb is F/8. A lot of people seem to go with two full stops below maximum for best sharpness also. I try to stick with f/8 lately and it works well. I've noticed a great improvement on most of my lens' sharpness opposed to the low F number I started with.

IMG_1509.jpg

Out of focus, quick self-portrait because I have nothing else to do.

What the heck were you doing on the floor?

Archived