SaltCritters.com

LED Wholesalers PAR 38 Review

Zepo.

Im in Ont. Canada

This companys email today. confirmed. they wont ship out of the states.

Find a friend or maybe family in the states near the border, or maybe get a PO box..

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Start at $89 shipped and if manually dimming daily is really a selling point for you and having to buy multiples because they keep dying on you without having a warranty or customer service for that matter, than our units probably aren't for you :)

Buy a lamp that you don't have to worry about burning out on you and if for some crazy reason it does within three years, send it back in for repair/ new unit. Btw, I like to think I provide top notch customer service :)

so, why would dimmable not be a selling point? im a total newb, and want to move up to a 10 gallon 20x10x12 deep, and hang the par 38. the light would be hooked to a timer, and what is the spread on the one youre talking about (nm i see that the spread is 60 degrees vs 30 degrees, but would that be too much for that shallow of a tank)? i wonder if the peaktop, at 30 degrees, could hang high enough to cover the tank and still be effective? would it be suitable for my needs? i want to buy a good unit from a respectable company so you got a few minutes to sell me on your lights? wherever i get one from i will most likely be ordering more and referring to friends. got 3 friends interested in par38's but are waiting for me to pull the trigger lol...

30 degrees vs. 60 degrees is very different, and while you should take that into consideration, you should also consider other things too. Mike C. at Ledtric offers real customer service, as in he will personally assist you with legitimate concerns, as well as offer a warranty so far not offered by others, including the dimming bulb that started this post. Not only that, but he offeres several different lamp combinations so that you can pick a color/ spectrum of your desire - then, if you do not like it he allows you to send it back!

I will admit that I have not tried the bulb covered in this thread (for the record I have used BoostLED and Ledtric fixtures, and I like them both), but it appears to have several shortcomings: quality may be suspect in some examples, 30 degree optics are very narrow which necessitates the fixture be quite high from the water to allow for appropriate light spread (or the optics should be changed out for 60 or 90 degree examples), the dimming feature must be set maually after being off - which means it must be done daily, and the colors are limited to cool white and blue - which is OK I guess if that is what you want.

For a 10 gallon you should shoot for 80 or 90 degree optics if using one PAR38, and Mike C. is offering the option of 60 or 80 degree optics on his lamps - you simply ask him, although he may be changing his website to incorporate that feature. If you wanted to use 30 degree optics you would need the lamp some 2-3 feet or more above the tank - with 60 or 80 degree optics the lamp can be hung anywhere from 3 to 8 inches from the top of the aquarium.

I'm assuming you're affiliated with Mike C.?

Incorrect.

Zooman72 is simply a customer who after purchasing our TruPop and Tri-Color models decided he would like to possibly try a different color combination, suggested it to us, we tried it out and liked it. Instead of just offering it to him, we thought others would like it as well, so we decided to offer it to the public. Which was a good choice because our Pre-orders for our first shipment already sold out. We named the ReefLamp after him to give credit where credit was due. He of course gets a discount on his unit for coming up with the idea and would do the same for anyone else who has any ideas for any of our future products. Simply a happy customer who enjoys our product and appreciates our customer service. That is his only affiliation with LEDTRiC.

Just thought I would clear that up.

Thank you,

Mike C.

Thanks Mike - I guess I will have to be more careful when stating my opinions regarding a vendor who has gone out of his way to be helpful, and that has earned my thanks and future business. It is unfortunate that others sometimes infer a business affiliation when members like a product.

As I mentioned, I also use several of BoostLED's products (I have 8 nanos) and really like their products too - and I am not affiliated with them either.

I did find the same light in ebay from a diff seller that will ship to canada

Awesome! What size is your tank?? You might want to get some different optics with better spread depending on your needs ...

• 3 months later...
StruckaNerve

Wow, I almost bought a couple of these. I'm glad I went with LEDTric's trupops instead. Got them in the recent sale and now it looks like they are sold out.

Wow, I almost bought a couple of these. I'm glad I went with LEDTric's trupops instead. Got them in the recent sale and now it looks like they are sold out.

yes sir

• 2 weeks later...
jnguyen5820

Nope still $65 on eBay.

Here are some pictures as promised-

000062.jpg

Hi, has anyone tried replacing some of the led emitters with a different one like NW, true violet, or red for a better spectrum?

• 6 months later...

Seems like everybody is happy with the LED wholesalers PAR 38. Let me ask you if this Led comparing to this one: http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+3733+23655&pcatid=23655 shoul made any difference?

Happens that I need a companion for my stand alone AI-Sol on my 40B; I'll gonna overstock my reef with mixed corals during the year till' my new 180g is done. I have some shadow spots on the sides of my tank and i don't really want to expend another $400+ on a second SOL. Do you guys recommended me this LED PAR 38 as a companion?

The other alternatives I was considering are the A150W Kessil or a clamp in 150W MH from Acticlife

• 3 months later...
Cheese-Lover

When it can run OSX natively without patches come back and tell me, otherwise I don't care what your PC cost comparatively. It runs Windows and if I have a choice to not run Windows, I'll do so without dabbling with Linux/Unix which are great if you have a stack of free time on your hands.

Every family member I've convinced to buy an Apple based computer has come back to me and thanked me for the suggestion due to the ease of use and lack of issues.

My "tech support" for my family has almost diminished to zero.

My Sony laptop can run OSX without any patches.

My 1366 based desktop system can run OSX without patches.

My old eeepc 900HA could run OSX with patches...

I run *nix.

Also; I'm looking for this light, but don't see it listed... And the ones I do see listed don't ship to AU without spending tons. *Sadface*

My Sony laptop can run OSX without any patches.

My 1366 based desktop system can run OSX without patches.

My old eeepc 900HA could run OSX with patches...

I run *nix.

Also; I'm looking for this light, but don't see it listed... And the ones I do see listed don't ship to AU without spending tons. *Sadface*

http://www.naqua.com.au/collections/lighting

don't know if you know about this guy, he sells a range of par38 lights for $99, $9 shipping.

blackreef13

Idk what happened to mine...It was great for like a few months great growth but one day just poof! Not working anymore...I was bummed:(

Cheese-Lover

don't know if you know about this guy, he sells a range of par38 lights for $99, $9 shipping.

I didn't know about this, and I would probably buy the Flare mini I if I wasn't more interedted in playing around with my own colours and with the IR remote...

If anyone has a busted one and wants to send it to me....

Thanks for the plug ;)

I didn't know about this, and I would probably buy the Flare mini I if I wasn't more interedted in playing around with my own colours and with the IR remote...

If anyone has a busted one and wants to send it to me....

I do actually have a busted one of these (the LED Wholesalers lamp with remote) you are welcome to - will shoot you a PM ;)

Cheese-Lover

naqua... Now that I know who you actually are... Next tank, I'll put one of your lights on it.

But replied to you via PM. <3

Archived