Top Shelf Aquatics

LED Wholesalers PAR 38 Review

Zepo.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My white bulbs just went out! Blue seem fine, still dim up and down ... but the white won't come on at all now so I assume the driver has gone? Possibly overheated I guess.

Think I am going to go for a BoostLED plus gooseneck instead.

My white bulbs just went out! Blue seem fine, still dim up and down ... but the white won't come on at all now so I assume the driver has gone? Possibly overheated I guess.

Think I am going to go for a BoostLED plus gooseneck instead.

Mine works fine. I have a gut feeling that most peoples problems stem from the really unresponsive remote that comes with it. I just turned white and blue at 100% and let the timer do the rest. Keep messing with the remote and hopefully it will work. (fingers crossed)

My macros have responded very well to this bulb (hopefully mine keeps working properly).

I wish it were just the crappy unresponsive remote (and boy is that a dog). Nope, the driver for the white LEDs is shot I think, they just won't stay on.

Bulb is now in the 'to be thrown out' pile, or maybe I will sell on ebay for parts.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R33AC8EZ7JI37...=&linkCode= My review. I will be ordering from a more reputable company next time.

That one you reviewed looks very different to the previous ones ... new model? Which might explain why you got two different types ...

That's bc that second bulb isn't from LED wholesalers. It's says bulb by LED wholesalers but order goes to some other company "Sold by LowerPriceUSA and Fulfilled by Amazon." I accidentally ordered from there at one point and could not control the lights at all. It was spazzing like otest mentioned.

THen I emailed LEDwholesalers pissed off. Wayne from the company promptly replied and was very courteous. I emailed him a few pictures and he confirmed that it was not the one that the OP described.

"Hi, this does not our bulb, It is sold by another seller, I opened a case with amazon regarding this issue. What you can do is send this bulb back to amazon and get your refund. If you purchase this from amazon again, I am not sure if you will run into the same issue. If you purchase this from our website, then you will not have this problem."

wonder how many i would need for a 20L since they are only 30degree wonder if 2 would be enough and have them on an angle lighting the tank on each side

exactly what I did. seems to be doing good. kinda worried about light shock with a blasto colony. (just got the second light up).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! I'm a beginner on a budget, and have a 5 gallon setup right now having heat problems with a closed lid and 10w 50/50. I already want to upgrade to a 10 gallon though, I don't think my 5 gallon is big enough for the corals I want and the bowfront makes me sick looking at it for long periods.

I want to go to a 10 gallon, simple, 20 inches long x 10 inches deep x 12 inches high. Do you think one of these bulbs from amazon would cover my whole tank and still be bright enough? Right now I only have one Palau Sinularia frag that's doing wonderfully, but I have high hopes.

Any help would be great I googled and found a ton of selling websites but this was the only real discussion on the bulb I could find.

I found an alternative if anyone is experiencing problems.. check the link out.. brighter and seem to run cooler with epistar led chips.. been using for a month now.. already had ledwholesalers led replaced at least 4 times!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dimmable-New-PAR38...=item256cb9b5c9

Is this bulb actually working well for sps? Does anyone have tank shots while using this light. the epistar ones.

how is that bulb still holding out bigceez?

Doing good.. Im gonna be using 2 ledwholsalers ans 1 peaktop.. gonna try some sps.. Ill update.. All will be using 90-120 degree optics..

Is this bulb actually working well for sps? Does anyone have tank shots while using this light. the epistar ones.

Im sure it is.. Its brighter than the ledwholsalers!

On ebay in shipping it says that this comapny wont ship out of the 48states. :( so I emailed him anyways and asked to ship anyways lol we will see..

On ebay in shipping it says that this comapny wont ship out of the 48states. :( so I emailed him anyways and asked to ship anyways lol we will see..

Goodluck!! Where do you live? They are a bit slow to ship FYI.. Takes em like 2-4 business day to ship out!

the bad thing is i tried to see how many they had on ledwholesalers website and it says theyre sold out. i wonder when theyre getting more in, and where the heck amazon is getting the bulbs i have no idea lol

the bad thing is i tried to see how many they had on ledwholesalers website and it says theyre sold out. i wonder when theyre getting more in, and where the heck amazon is getting the bulbs i have no idea lol

I would hold out.. they might be coming out with a revised version.. like I said I already returned 4 of them.. for whatever reason they malfunction after a short while... in my experience the white bulbs would start turning off and on, eventually not coming back on.. i would go with the peaktop if you need it now..

Get something with a warranty!!!

Are they dimmable? Around 100$ a pop? kinda outta of my price range.. I would need 3 thats $300 ouch! Warranty is a good selling point though..

Are they dimmable? Around 100$ a pop? kinda outta of my price range.. I would need 3 thats $300 ouch! Warranty is a good selling point though..

Start at $89 shipped and if manually dimming daily is really a selling point for you and having to buy multiples because they keep dying on you without having a warranty or customer service for that matter, than our units probably aren't for you :)

Buy a lamp that you don't have to worry about burning out on you and if for some crazy reason it does within three years, send it back in for repair/ new unit. Btw, I like to think I provide top notch customer service :)

Start at $89 shipped and if manually dimming daily is really a selling point for you and having to buy multiples because they keep dying on you without having a warranty or customer service for that matter, than our units probably aren't for you :)

Buy a lamp that you don't have to worry about burning out on you and if for some crazy reason it does within three years, send it back in for repair/ new unit. Btw, I like to think I provide top notch customer service :)

purchased 2 ledwholsalers a year ago (too bad ledtric wasn't around) and yes they were replaced 4 times in a prompt manner. never had to buy more units, but ya pretty bad workman ship obviously... I just added 2 peaktop led. so far so good! They are super bright! Epistar are beasting!.. I like the dimmable feature specially with a remote.. Good luck with the sales seems you have a good solid product!

purchased 2 ledwholsalers a year ago (too bad ledtric wasn't around) and yes they were replaced 4 times in a prompt manner. never had to buy more units, but ya pretty bad workman ship obviously... I just added 2 peaktop led. so far so good! They are super bright! Epistar are beasting!.. I like the dimmable feature specially with a remote.. Good luck with the sales seems you have a good solid product!

Thank you!

Epistars is where it's at! Everyone will start coming along soon enough! ;)

Goodluck!! Where do you live? They are a bit slow to ship FYI.. Takes em like 2-4 business day to ship out!

Im in Ont. Canada

This companys email today. confirmed. they wont ship out of the states.

Archived