inTank Media Baskets

LED Wholesalers PAR 38 Review

Zepo.

I work as a technician removing viruses and repairing PC's all day and I still come home to a windows PC after owning many macs and PC's. I don't have an antivirus program installed and if i did AVG is free. I'm not getting into a windows mac debate on a bulb review though I agree that macs are overpriced jokes for people that buy for brand names.

I suppose you drive a car you pieced together from parts? What? It's a brand named vehicle? Jokes on you. You realize that most manufactured PC's are subsidized in price by all the trialware installed on them right? You can thank Michael Dell for that race to the bottom price wise. When I need new workstations at work I buy my parts from newegg or whomever, but the pricing is simply not comparable to a big box vendor because of the subsidizing. By 20% or more in most cases.

I didn't buy an Apple for the name, I bought an Apple for the sake of not having to worry about the problems associated with Windows. If you think AVG is protecting you, you ought to do some googling on the latest versions. If you're savvy enough to go without virus and malware protection, good on you. I know I am, but that doesn't stop things from coming through the browser. That's not even counting on ActiveX exploits. Stuff comes through Flash now too.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I didn't buy a pc, I built my own which came to about the same as an HP , ect. Still almost a thousand dollars cheaper than a MAC with the same exact hardware.

Actually I didn't buy a pc, I built my own which came to about the same as an HP , ect. Still almost a thousand dollars cheaper than a MAC with the same exact hardware.

When it can run OSX natively without patches come back and tell me, otherwise I don't care what your PC cost comparatively. It runs Windows and if I have a choice to not run Windows, I'll do so without dabbling with Linux/Unix which are great if you have a stack of free time on your hands.

Every family member I've convinced to buy an Apple based computer has come back to me and thanked me for the suggestion due to the ease of use and lack of issues.

My "tech support" for my family has almost diminished to zero.

When it can run OSX natively without patches come back and tell me, otherwise I don't care what your PC cost comparatively. It runs Windows and if I have a choice to not run Windows, I'll do so without dabbling with Linux/Unix which are great if you have a stack of free time on your hands.

Every family member I've convinced to buy an Apple based computer has come back to me and thanked me for the suggestion due to the ease of use and lack of issues.

My "tech support" for my family has almost diminished to zero.

Everyone has their own opinions lets just leave it at that.

pmoradi2002

OSX is a POS.

Unless you are mentally challenged you will never get a virus.

Windows-based computers are fully customizable.

& Windows users are not d-bags that think they're better than everyone else :)

WillWork4Frags

You're ruining a perfectly good thread with your mindless one sided debate over a post no one really paid attention to. Whether you use mac or windows, that comparison is far beyond these bulbs.

I know "system administrators" like yourself, and you tend to be anti-social loners who can't seem to keep their mouths shut when in front of a keyboard. The inconsiderate way you're communicating just further goes to prove my point. There are other places in the real world to take out your loneliness.

Good to know that you use mac, you can now download you're "favorite" movies without getting malware/adware. But to be honest no one here cares. This is nano-reef.com.

If it's really important for you to bash windows users, please take it to the lounge. You aren't causing any controversy here.

Good to know that you use mac, you can now download you're "favorite" movies without getting malware/adware. But to be honest no one here cares. This is nano-reef.com.

If it's really important for you to bash windows users, please take it to the lounge. You aren't causing any controversy here.

I'm not downloading any movies, anywhere. I'm doing normal day to day surfing without worrying about what previously trusted websites have been compromised and what they're going to do to my windows installs. (I see it day in and day out here at the office).

doppelganger

can we get back on topic please? this is a great thread with some very useful and interesting information. Please cut the crap and lets discuss the light.

I'm not downloading any movies, anywhere. I'm doing normal day to day surfing without worrying about what previously trusted websites have been compromised and what they're going to do to my windows installs. (I see it day in and day out here at the office).

WHO CARES...Go on a Computer forum and talk about it. Has nothing to do with bulbs.

pmoradi2002

One thing that I have noticed about this bulb is that you cannot accurately take pictures of the inhabitants due to overexposure. I can never get the true colors.

Is this normal with all LED lights??

One thing that I have noticed about this bulb is that you cannot accurately take pictures of the inhabitants due to overexposure. I can never get the true colors.

Is this normal with all LED lights??

if you have a camera that doesnt allow to shoot in RAW format or control the white balance and exposure on the camera then yes..Cause it cannot meter and balance for it properly.

Yes it is very difficult to get the corporation correct. I usually turn down the blue leds and change the white balance on my camera to fluorescent. I've been getting a lot more accurate pictures. You can also use PhotoShops auto color correct to fix things up.

pmoradi2002
if you have a camera that doesnt allow to shoot in RAW format or control the white balance and exposure on the camera then yes..Cause it cannot meter and balance for it properly.

I do shoot in RAW and do some post. Still is very difficult.

Yes it is very difficult to get the corporation correct. I usually turn down the blue leds and change the white balance on my camera to fluorescent. I've been getting a lot more accurate pictures. You can also use PhotoShops auto color correct to fix things up.

+1

I turn the blues 95% down.

if your shooting raw then you should have NO problems adjusting since it doesnt lock any white balance in..you have total control of color temp and everything. what camera are you using and software?

pmoradi2002
if your shooting raw then you should have NO problems adjusting since it doesnt lock any white balance in..you have total control of color temp and everything. what camera are you using and software?

Rebel XS + PS CS5

I sold my EOS 5D a while ago so I'm borrowing this camera.

mgsullivan24

I just got one of these bulbs in today and one thing i am thinking about is that the blue and the white incorporated together will not allow the me to keep the blues on dimmed 24hrs and bring the whites in on a timer without getting two bulbs or two systems. also its been brought up in my other post but does anyone know how deep these lights will penetrate? capable of 24"max depth tank?

WillWork4Frags

Okay. I'm going to order a few of these for my 55 gallon fowlr.

For those of you who have them, how many do you think I should order? My tank is 48" long and 21 inches high. Also, how high do you think I would I have to mount them?

Thanks guys.

Okay. I'm going to order a few of these for my 55 gallon fowlr.

For those of you who have them, how many do you think I should order? My tank is 48" long and 21 inches high. Also, how high do you think I would I have to mount them?

Thanks guys.

I would start with four, you can always get more.I have mine about 3 feet over my 10 gallon.

"I'm really curious about the par numbers also because i'm considering if i should get another.

why are these LED fixtures so cheap in price, im not complaining but i wish i knew about them before i bought a power compact.

Archived