Posted Image

Lnm130

Lnm130

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 204 posts
  • Joined 03 Nov 2009
  • Columbus, Ohio
Man. I was just looking into a kit from RapidLED, Now I don't know what I want to do. I'd need 3 of these for my 29gal biocube, I'm guessing. so that's a little less expensive than the kit.

Crap.

syris1377

syris1377

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Joined 01 Oct 2008

Posted Image

Can you get a close up of the lenses? I think I may have found them but want to double check....

pmoradi2002

pmoradi2002

Jesus Christ

• Classifiedless
  • 900 posts
  • Joined 28 Jun 2009

Can you get a close up of the lenses? I think I may have found them but want to double check....

Will do, tonight.
BEWARE OF MRCORAL!

feixjai

feixjai

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 17 Dec 2005
  • San Francisco
Sweet! Thanks for confirming that pmoradi2002..

I may have to get my hands on one of these once I find those optics.

WillWork4Frags

WillWork4Frags

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 08 Apr 2011
  • Temecula, CA
Definitely going to get one of these. I was just about to spend 30 bucks on an LED moonlight. This dimmable feature makes it worth getting.

It would be nice to swap out for some Cree's though. Can anyone confirm this?

jaynkeel

jaynkeel

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Joined 03 Mar 2010
  • Buffalo, NY
Looks like he has it listed for 69 now. Looks like a neat little bulb gonna have to wait for some more reviews from some of the experts here.

WillWork4Frags

WillWork4Frags

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 08 Apr 2011
  • Temecula, CA

Looks like he has it listed for 69 now. Looks like a neat little bulb gonna have to wait for some more reviews from some of the experts here.

Cheaper on amazon:

http://www.amazon.co...YHNKMFBA8S7PK17

Zepo.

Zepo.

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 13 Jan 2010
  • San Bernardino, CA
Bidding starts at 49.

Posted Image

tako

tako

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • Joined 31 Oct 2010

It would be nice to swap out for some Cree's though. Can anyone confirm this?

Virtually impossible and it would cost more than just getting a CREE lamp from Nanotuners or rapidLED. The LEDs will have have different size packaging, require surface mount soldering, different primary optics so the lenses won't fit, etc.

pmoradi2002

pmoradi2002

Jesus Christ

• Classifiedless
  • 900 posts
  • Joined 28 Jun 2009

Nope still $65 on eBay.

Here are some pictures as promised-

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

No Optics
Posted Image

With Optics
Posted Image

No optics
Posted Image

With Optics
Posted Image

No Optics
Posted Image

With Optics
Posted Image
BEWARE OF MRCORAL!

swayd

swayd

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2010
  • BAY AREA, CA
Looks great, but still no par readings?
Im thinking of using this one for my 5.5pico Im in the process of building right now hehe.

porksoda

porksoda

Got Saltwater?

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • Joined 22 Jan 2007
  • Clovis, NM
This may be an idea for me since I am in need of a light again.

swayd

swayd

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2010
  • BAY AREA, CA
Any par readings yet fingerscrossed ?

pmoradi2002

pmoradi2002

Jesus Christ

• Classifiedless
  • 900 posts
  • Joined 28 Jun 2009

Any par readings yet fingerscrossed ?

No :(
BEWARE OF MRCORAL!

feixjai

feixjai

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Joined 17 Dec 2005
  • San Francisco
I don't have par readings, but I've got to say this bulb is amazing! I couldn't wait any longer and just said, what the hell.. Despite the narrow degree, the fact that it's dimmable is unbelievable.

swayd

swayd

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2010
  • BAY AREA, CA
So im in the process of setting up my 5.5AIO, would this light be enough? Would it light up the back chambers, the tank is only 16"x8"x10" total(back chamber included)

WillWork4Frags

WillWork4Frags

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Joined 08 Apr 2011
  • Temecula, CA

So im in the process of setting up my 5.5AIO, would this light be enough? Would it light up the back chambers, the tank is only 16"x8"x10" total(back chamber included)

Should be more than enough. You would just have to mount it high to get the most coverage.

swayd

swayd

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2010
  • BAY AREA, CA
Cool dood.
Now I just have to wait till I gets paid next month lol.

tiggs

tiggs

www.fragconnection.com

• Members
  • 355 posts
  • Joined 02 Feb 2011
  • Jersey Shore
Do you guys think one of these would be good enough coverage for a Biocube 14?

Zepo.

Zepo.

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 13 Jan 2010
  • San Bernardino, CA

Do you guys think one of these would be good enough coverage for a Biocube 14?

Yes

Posted Image

danrs

danrs

duckcarver

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 07 Feb 2011
  • Greenville, NC

Yes

I have two on my 7.5 gallon bowfront. As I mentioned before, they are in ZooMed fixtures--may have been a dumb move but looks good and lights excellent.

Zepo.

Zepo.

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 13 Jan 2010
  • San Bernardino, CA
I should have said depending on the coral. If you want sps definatly go for two.

Posted Image

Mindflux

Mindflux

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 17 Apr 2011

These are even better. The only reason why Evil's are more expensive are because of the name...just like Apple (you're buying a POS $400 computer for $2000 because it simply has an Apple logo on it).

Not sure if trolling. The sum of the parts for an Apple computer may not make up $2000 (or whatever arbitrary number you want to throw at it) but OSX and other factors (such as not REQUIRING a virus scanner/malware preventative) is well worth the justification IMHO. I'm a system administrator and I deal with Windows machines all day long and coming home to my iMac and OSX is a breath of fresh air. Could I build a "similar" machine for about 75 of the price of a Mac? Yep. Would it run OSX natively and legally? Nope. I used to have the same mindset as you .. "Apple are overpriced blah blah" but the stress free computing I've had the last 4 years with my iMac has paid off several times over.

Zepo.

Zepo.

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • Joined 13 Jan 2010
  • San Bernardino, CA

Not sure if trolling. The sum of the parts for an Apple computer may not make up $2000 (or whatever arbitrary number you want to throw at it) but OSX and other factors (such as not REQUIRING a virus scanner/malware preventative) is well worth the justification IMHO. I'm a system administrator and I deal with Windows machines all day long and coming home to my iMac and OSX is a breath of fresh air. Could I build a "similar" machine for about 75 of the price of a Mac? Yep. Would it run OSX natively and legally? Nope. I used to have the same mindset as you .. "Apple are overpriced blah blah" but the stress free computing I've had the last 4 years with my iMac has paid off several times over.

I work as a technician removing viruses and repairing PC's all day and I still come home to a windows PC after owning many macs and PC's. I don't have an antivirus program installed and if i did AVG is free. I'm not getting into a windows mac debate on a bulb review though I agree that macs are overpriced jokes for people that buy for brand names.

Posted Image