Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Matt's 29g Reef

Clavius85

Getting back in the game after the CADLights debacle.

IMG_1809.jpg

• Equipment
  • 29g Deep Blue Aquarium w/black silicone
  • AGA Stand
  • Hood (Planned)
  • 250w Sunpod
  • Vortech MP10
  • Tunze Osmolator
  • Tunze 9002 Skimmer
  • ReefKeeper Lite

:o

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did not see that coming!

Yeah I gotta get something up and running so I can get this clown out of my pico. At the moment I'm trying to price out how much it would cost me to drill the 29g and have a 10g sump.

shouldnt be too much. We sell the 10gs at petsmart for 12 or 13 or something, so i could get it for 10ish for you if you want. Hook up a gh kit and the pvc to plump it wouldnt be horrible. Depending on which kit you buy i can see it being completed for under 120.

shouldnt be too much. We sell the 10gs at petsmart for 12 or 13 or something, so i could get it for 10ish for you if you want. Hook up a gh kit and the pvc to plump it wouldnt be horrible. Depending on which kit you buy i can see it being completed for under 120.

Yeah I'm thinking in the long run it will be worth it to drill it. The added water volume from the sump is a plus and not having to deal with a HOB filter would be awesome. And I can hide all my equipment beneath the tank.

*cough* *cough* *cough* autofuge! *cough* *cough* *cough*

pretty sure ALL of your equipment will fit and then some. haha I'm trying hard to sell this thing. Especially since I want that tunze.

Hell I'll throw in a 10G :D

You should absolutely drill it.

I am still beating myself up for not drilling mine.

I will eventually do it though, as I don't think the mame overflows will EVER be available.

I just hope the glass on a 29g isn't super thin. I had no trouble drilling that 11g Green Leaf tank because the glass was 5mm thick.

I just hope the glass on a 29g isn't super thin. I had no trouble drilling that 11g Green Leaf tank because the glass was 5mm thick.

You're in Kentucky...whiskey up!

We drilled sarah's current 29g with no problems back when Aaron had it.

Is the glass thickness comparable to 10g tanks?

We drilled sarah's current 29g with no problems back when Aaron had it.

How was it drilled, center overflow with returns on either side? Or overflow and a single return?

You're in Kentucky...whiskey up!

You mean BOURBON whiskey! ;)

How was it drilled, center overflow with returns on either side? Or overflow and a single return?

You mean BOURBON whiskey! ;)

Well #### if we're getting that specific I meant whisky.

This one:

makers_mark.jpg

Easier to find fittings for pumps using 3/4" tubing? IDK if there really as a reason lol. 3/4" tubing is the most commonly used size for canister filters and stuff though... atleast all of the ones I have used.

Easier to find fittings for pumps using 3/4" tubing? IDK if there really as a reason lol. 3/4" tubing is the most commonly used size for canister filters and stuff though... atleast all of the ones I have used.

Oh, ok. I honestly know nothing about plumbing.

Most of the return pumps ive come across either have or come with 3/4" fittings and the PVC parts are pretty much the same price as 1/2" so theres really no reason not to. Just givees you more options for flow... plus IDK how much 1/2" tubing is rated at GPH wise.

drinking beam cuz of a party and it was cheap haha.

I emailed the glass-holes guys and they recommended the 3/4" return based on my setup. Go with 3/4" it's the better option. The 1/2" would be too narrow for a decent pump I think.... It'd be like having a super soaker haha.

drinking beam cuz of a party and it was cheap haha.

I emailed the glass-holes guys and they recommended the 3/4" return based on my setup. Go with 3/4" it's the better option. The 1/2" would be too narrow for a decent pump I think.... It'd be like having a super soaker haha.

I'm drinking some Old Rip Van Winkle at the moment. Not exactly Pappy Van Winkle but it does the same thing. ;)

I guess I'll get the 700gph overflow kit and a single 3/4" return kit... if I can keep myself from spending any more money at Sportsman's Warehouse and the Bass Pro Shops website. :o

You fail me....

Not only is there a bass pro shop an hour away from you.... BUT the best LFS store is LITERALLY a stones throw away.... Like seriously same parking lot.

You fail me....

Not only is there a bass pro shop an hour away from you.... BUT the best LFS store is LITERALLY a stones throw away.... Like seriously same parking lot.

Wait... was the nearest Bass Pro shop right there next to Greentree?

Archived