SaltCritters.com

inTank Review

Euphyllia

I ordered some stuff from inTank for my birthday and it arrived today. It was shipped extremely fast... or at least it didn't feel like more than a few days. Anyways, I ordered four bulbs, all of which arrived in great shape. I also ordered an AquaticLife Internal Mini Protein Skimmer which hasn't produced skimmate yet, but that's AquaticLife's fault not StevieT's. :lol:

The "HUGE" super gel I ordered wasn't any bigger than what I could buy at my LFS so I felt that was slightly misleading due to the size comparison pics, however it was a bit cheaper than the gel at my LFS so I'm happy with it. Also, the NanoMag I got has such great magnet power which can even get coralline off the glass, but it tired my arms out after a few seconds since I'm morbidly wimpy. It's awesome how the pad thing on the inside bends so I can easily clean the corners. Plus I can run it through the sand and the magnetic strength is so great that sand doesn't get caught in it! B)

Anyways, I love everything I got, however I'm still a bit worried about the skimmer because it's gone hours with producing skimmate. If anyone is looking to order equipment, order from inTank. They have great quality stuff! :)

Thanks.

Give any skimmer up to 2 weeks to break in. The super glue is compared to tubes you can purchase at hardware stores, the size and gram weight is listed on the site but it being cheaper is good right? Watch out running any magnet cleaner through the sand as grains will get caught in the velvro and scratch your glass/acrylic.

Thanks.

Give any skimmer up to 2 weeks to break in. The super glue is compared to tubes you can purchase at hardware stores, the size and gram weight is listed on the site but it being cheaper is good right? Watch out running any magnet cleaner through the sand as grains will get caught in the velvro and scratch your glass/acrylic.

I checked the skimmer this morning and there was some slightly brown-tinted water in the collection cup, so I guess it's beginning to work. It's doing a better job so far than the BioCube skimmer that came with the tank. :)

• 2 months later...

I had a great experience dealing with inTank and StevieT. To keep it short, I had multiple orders and an exchange due to myself being indecisive. StevieT was quick to reply to my emails and provided me with great customer service. I would definitely recommend everyone to purchase from inTank. Thanks again!

I wish I knew which customer cause me all the book work :P

Thanks again for your order we do appreciate shipping whatever to whoever, it's just fun!

Archived