SaltCritters.com

Any plans to carry/sell...Add your suggestions here!

RESONANCE

So now that you're back in the water is it too late in the season for oxynoe antillarum?

My caulp almost disappeared then made a major come back last week.

Don't want to lose the razor stuff but the grape is driving me to insanity, may pull the razor/fern caulerpa somewhere else while I find a way to rid of the grape.

johnmaloney

i had a few of them earlier while I wasnt in the water. Not sure if there any left....they aren't very effective though better cleaners out there but they are cool critters for sure

i had a few of them earlier while I wasnt in the water. Not sure if there any left....they aren't very effective though better cleaners out there but they are cool critters for sure

Not too effective? Sigh.

They are cool regardless.

The new rodi is in the mail, and I believe my tank is "too small" for any of the fishes that might eat it.

New water + diligence I suppose.

And my new weapon... h202... Mwuahaha

johnmaloney

yep that will work, or you can pull it out so you dont have to kill off any other life on the rock. a sea hare and or an emerald would get it too. the freckled sea hares stay about the size of an oxynoe but have a larger appetite, they would clean it out the same week or so.

How about a California Legal Macro Algae Pack? Puh-puh-puh-lease! :) When I see the "49-state" macro pack it reminds me of the smog-nazi out here in CA or how I can't buy extended magazines or get a CCL. le sigh. I'm pretty sure that it's just caulerpa sp. that's making the current pack illegal. ;) kthx :happy:

yep that will work, or you can pull it out so you dont have to kill off any other life on the rock. a sea hare and or an emerald would get it too. the freckled sea hares stay about the size of an oxynoe but have a larger appetite, they would clean it out the same week or so.

I have a lazy sea hare already :(

He eats the fresh growth of the razor caulp leafs. Doesn't touch the grape.

Figures eh? I've been yanking the stuff for months, hoping eventually the razor will out compete it, least the razor is pretty. But no.

I'll just keep diligently plucking away. The h202 dips (diluted)only seems to loosen roots enough to make removal easy so the stalks don't split.

johnmaloney

we might do that someday, but for now the problem is an employee is likely to make a mistake and add in a caulerpa and that is what I am trying to stay away from.

we might do that someday, but for now the problem is an employee is likely to make a mistake and add in a caulerpa and that is what I am trying to stay away from.

Not sure how your system is set up, and maybe it might be too much trouble, but if each species of macro are in their own tanks in a system you could isolate caulerpa sp. to a specific row or mark the tanks/tubs with something.

Or if you could implement something in to the ordering system where the order for a CA legal macro pack created a list of aforementioned algae/plants to be packed and shipped as though they were individually ordered.

No worries though, I'll pick and choose the CA legal ones. :happy:

johnmaloney

it works out to about the same anyway with the current price structure, but I see what you mean. Maybe we will one day

...what about an all reds package or an all calcifieds? it will probably be the latter. macro takes up a lot of room and has very little demand....i think that would be the best way to get a CA friendly package.

Do you plan to ever ship to Canada? We are desperate up here for macros. I myself have been looking for well over a year now with little to no luck.

Haha... yeah, I get stuff from John when I go down to the 'States. Even if it was an option and you're willing to pay the extra for photo-sanitary certificate and customs crap, shipping to Canada is highway robbery. Trust me on this.

Do you plan to ever ship to Canada? We are desperate up here for macros. I myself have been looking for well over a year now with little to no luck.
  • 2 weeks later...
carbon-mantis

Have you ever come across fleshy limpets before? Here's a blurry shot of my old one, which sadly died when the tank crashed last year. It made for an extremely pretty algae grazer, but I've only seen one other person(on RC a few years ago, if I recall) who's had one before.

seabeesreef

ELECTRIC BLUE HERMIT CRABS or Halloween! THen I can order them and get more fuzzy chitons! Awesome business! ReefCleanersForLife!

Ooorah!

johnmaloney

I am looking for excuses to go to the Pacific but I will think about it. :)

I would do it, I have been into wrasses lately and would like to have a few more around, but I would need a whole other warehouse to QT, medicate and hold the fish, and I think logistics will be a nightmare unless they went by plane for airport pickup. For some reason fish shipping gets me nervous.

• 2 weeks later...
johnmaloney

I should carry more. Hardy shippers and now with the cubicle setup I dont have to worry as much about bringing back animals that dont get along with each other. No shovelnose lobsters though? I have one of them now that no one wants...poor guy, looks cool.

Archived