Coral Vue Hydros

Ryan's 40b - break down 4/1

ry05coupe

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My bad dude. It looks clean as hell!

haha. The algae clip is begging to be put back in though. magfloat and rkl temp probe and chillin in the sump.

Looks good, Ryan. I like your clowns a lot. They have nice coloration.

Thanks! The male isn't anything special tbh but I lucked out with the female :D

• 2 weeks later...

Added a female lyretail anthias, hifin banded goby, acro frag, monti frag, a few zoa frags and stuff im forgetting.

ry05coupe

Aaron (coastie) put this together for me and I figured out the mounting. Any technical questions go to him, I can help with mounting solitions (;)).

My camera can't capture the true colors at all, EVERYTHING glows and pops out. Its ridiculous!

P6180013.jpg

LED Strip, I swear my sunpod isn't that dusty, stupid flash!

P6180019.jpg

Used little hooks from Lowes to mount it

P6180020.jpg

Better look at how it's mounted

P6180025.jpg

And yes I used velcro to mount the hooks to the led strip lol, I couldn't find my drill. When I do though I will have the hooks bolted to it. I also plan to paint the strip black to match the sunpod.

I was like.... It looks great. and it' s mounted....Then I realized something! I just wasted stamps sending you those rails! Jerk

ry05coupe

You did : / It turns out they wouldn't have worked anyway. The space for the hook is an L shape and not a T like I thought.

Also, #### Louisville. I REAAAALLLLY want that yasha and the clam I saw at Aquatica. Especially since my pistol didn't take a liking to the new one and the new one is now digging around in the left island.

You know you are going to be out here soon to get it. I would call and ask them to hold it and you and I can make a greentree run on Wednesday :D I'm thinking I'll get an RBTA.

Matt doesn't know it yet but he's coming with you!!

ry05coupe

Still can't justify spending $55 on a yasha when the hifin might kill it lol. Saw what you said on kyreef about the RBTA. Under the LEDs it looks like the pictures on RBTAs on DD only more intense.

Yasha's are awesome though, mine was pretty active guy, always out, too bad he didn't care for moving too much. On a side note did you see the Geometric pygmy hawk, aka high fin perchlet.... at incredi pet today?

ry05coupe

Yeah dude he was pretty cool. I've been thinking about some kind of hawk now that the sexies are gone :D.

Yeah dude he was pretty cool. I've been thinking about some kind of hawk now that the sexies are gone :D.

My first and favorite saltwater fish ever. Got mine from Just fish when they were still open (paid more than most places for him lol). Pretty bold little guys, if I hadn't ordered the pair of rusty gobies I probably would've went home with him. BTW thanks for those zoa's pretty awesome colors on them.

ry05coupe
My first and favorite saltwater fish ever. Got mine from Just fish when they were still open (paid more than most places for him lol). Pretty bold little guys, if I hadn't ordered the pair of rusty gobies I probably would've went home with him. BTW thanks for those zoa's pretty awesome colors on them.

That's not surprising lol, that place was a little crazy. I like Rusty gobies! That was a good choice. Awesome I'm glad you liked them. Hopefully everything lives through me fragging it lol.

I don't think hawkfish work well with small gobies though do they?

no idea.

"It requires a 30 gallon or larger aquarium with plenty of live rock for structure and hiding. They are mostly a peaceful fish that spends most of its time perching and swimming within the branches of hard corals. Use caution when adding to an aquarium with small species of bottom dwelling gobies and blennies. They are bottom dwellers and tend to "hang out" on rock perches, waiting and readying themselves for food to come by. "

Just to clarify Geometric pygmy technically isn't a hawkfish guess they resemble them enough in looks to earn that common name. I think technically they are more closely related to anthias. I had mine with a red head goby, never had a problem.

ry05coupe

That's true. Idk what the relationship is between hawkfish and anthias but i know there is a "hawkfish anthias" lol. My female lyretail anthias likes to perch a lot too.

Archived