Top Shelf Aquatics

Ryan's 40b - break down 4/1

ry05coupe

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking good so far. Cant wait to see it filled up.

Thanks! Pics coming now.

I'm borowing the FNI T5 fixture that I had on my old 40b until the sunpod gets here. Most of the pictures are under 2 blue+ bulbs.

FTS:

P5180002.jpg

Right side with all fish present:

P5180007.jpg

Flameback Angel:

P5180014.jpg

Female clown:

P5180015.jpg

Male:

P5180019.jpg

Midas Blenny:

P5180018.jpg

3 of 4 sexies and a bleached birdsnest frag from running the 2 x 250w :(:

P5180012.jpg

Rics:

P5180003.jpg

Favorite zoas:

P5180013.jpg

Thanks guys!

Got my sunpod in the mail today :D unfortunately I have to work 1 - 10 though <_< Hopefully I'll get it running tomorrow!

Awesome, need pics asap!

will do :D

Just bought:

3 blue porcelain crabs

1 pom pom crab

40+ polyp random zoa frag

for $38 :D they are all acclimating now, pics to come.

Pic with new light and my $15 zoa frag. Ordered Phoenix 14k bulbs today because I loved them in the 2 x 250w

Had to turn the brightness down a little. Color looks the same, just brighter.

P5200012.jpg

P5200013.jpg

I love my blue porcelain crab...but I only see him once every other week or so. He molted and I thought he was definitely dead but then I finally saw him in the back of the tank between some rocks...rapping. That's what it looks like at least...waving his hands around and bringing them to his mouth.

wut?

:huh:

Remember that pistol you got from incredipet? What did they charge you for it again?

I love my blue porcelain crab...but I only see him once every other week or so. He molted and I thought he was definitely dead but then I finally saw him in the back of the tank between some rocks...rapping. That's what it looks like at least...waving his hands around and bringing them to his mouth.

Haha that's funny. I had one in the 75 that didn't survive the move. I didn't see him much until I found his hide out. Hoping now that I have 3 I should see them every so often!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, not much of a update but here we go. I traded in the midas for a blue and gold blenny, but he started eating my sps almost immediately and when I went back up to greentree to trade in that guy, I left with a swissguard basslet. On my way home traffic was at a stop on the interstate i did more research on the basslet and found out he was a risk to small shrimp and gobis, so I turned around and took him back. When I was there I was just looking for a fish that I could be psyched to have and the 3 midas blennies that they had kept catching my eye. I originally traded in the midas because shell get a biitttt too big for the 40 imo, but I couldn help it and took her back. I also bought a little candy stripe pistol, who will have a yasha goby or two to hang out with when they get to greentree next week.

I ave changed the scape a little, mainly took out the ledge on the left side and moved some rocks on the right. It looks better and more open IMO, not to mention brighter.

Other than that, I accidentally left the ro/di filtering into my ato resivour before I went to clarksville the first time and overflowed the thing by about 6 gallons, which ended up soaking through the floor and down to the room below. That is gonna be an awesome bill. Not much else has happened!

Update: Haven't changed much really. Bought a RBTA two days ago and it is doing really well so far. Pretty nervous about it because I have tried 2 BTAs before with no luck... if I fail with this one it will be the last. Hoping the clowns take to it though because I would like toget rid of the huge hairy mushrooms up front that the clowns are hosting because they take up so much space.

I am also eyeing up a female lyretail anthias at one of my LFSs. I know it wouldn't be the best fish to have in a 40, but I LOVE THEM!

anyway, pics.

FTS:

P6040002.jpg

RBTA (looks a little bleached in the picture, but it is fine) about 4" across right now:

P6040006.jpg

P6040005.jpg

P6040008.jpg

P6040009.jpg

P6040014.jpg

P6040017.jpg

I just put it somwhere that had a mix of good flow and light. It has only moved about an inch from there in the two days since i bought it. I will hook you guys up wwhen it splits assuming it lives that long lol

Archived