Top Shelf Aquatics

Ryan's 40b - break down 4/1

ry05coupe

Depends on what brand they are I guess... way back when I had the FNI T5s and moved to the ATI bulbs I was converted to a brand name bulb buyer for life. There is a huuuge difference between the two lol

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just found your thread, following along on this, I'm setting up a 40 to. Hope I can nail my rock work like yours, tank looks great!

Just found your thread, following along on this, I'm setting up a 40 to. Hope I can nail my rock work like yours, tank looks great!

Thanks! I wish I could take credit for it but coastie put it together. I just sat there and handed him the rock lol. This may be the first tank I never re-scape though lol!

If I don't like the 20k bulbs that come with it I will be ordering some Phoenix 14Ks... definitely first choice.

Me too. That's why I think a 14k w/ more blue LEDs would be a cool combo... I really like the 20k look!

He assisted, we had discussions about where to place the rock. I was a lot of just sorta tossing this rock here and this rock there, not very technical.

He assisted, we had discussions about where to place the rock. I was a lot of just sorta tossing this rock here and this rock there, not very technical.

When you think about it, the two island look may be the easiest in terms of actually throwing it together lol.

Still can't believe you sold my leopard wrasse :-( I'll never forgive you.

Think of how happy she is in the 90 she went to though!

That's kinda my game plan, pile it in and hope for the best, seems when I try to plan it out of never turns out like I thought

They are probably my favorite wrasses lol. I would have kept her in a heartbeat if she wasnt going to get so big.

TBH I like the "box of rocks" look, but wanted to give this a shot. I'm thinking of putting something in the middle but IDK what

Aaron and I were just talking about an Acan garden for it :D I like the bridge idea too... but you're right it would need the perfeect rock to look good.

Haha, we'll see what happens. I think a montipora and acan only tank would be cool, for some reason I like montis more than Acros.

Archived