Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ryan's 40b - break down 4/1

ry05coupe

Don't tear it down! Lol looks good man. Something that's helped me in the past when I lost interest - change up your fish. New personalities help

Good idea, I'll add a blenny or something with a bunch of personality. I had a two spot a month or two back, but I bought it from a store that I have never had luck with and lost him unfortunately. They are great little fish.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is your inmates name and species!?! haha nice man nice

They're a M F pair (hopefully) of two spot blennies :D

I also got a new purple & blue acro w/ acro crab but they're not as cool haha. Pair for it all by fragging 9 heads off of my frogspawn.

goby?

blenny?

Yes ma'am!

9 heads of trade, nice can't wait to see them out and about in the tank lol

Neither can I! And I'm feeling good about em being male and female. I don't plan to breed them but it'll be cool to see them interact.

pairs are awesome to watch - I had a pair of mandarins, and they cuddled, and during the day would play tag around the rocks, the female didnt make it unfortunately, and im not sure the male will either - ORA mandarins don't like to eat, or hunt for pods it seems...shame :(

pairs are awesome to watch - I had a pair of mandarins, and they cuddled, and during the day would play tag around the rocks, the female didnt make it unfortunately, and im not sure the male will either - ORA mandarins don't like to eat, or hunt for pods it seems...shame :(

That's a shame, mandarins are a lot of fun! Hopefully the male will do a little better for you. I had a spotted male in this tank that I trained to take frozen, but the whole "target feeding every day" thing was just too much work haha. They are beautiful fish though

I don't mind target feeding twice a day - people feed they're cats/doggs twice a day(my fiance ffeedds the cat) so I feel I should treat my water life the same

I don't mind target feeding twice a day - people feed they're cats/doggs twice a day(my fiance ffeedds the cat) so I feel I should treat my water life the same

That's true. I don't mind feeding my dogs at all lol, but I'm pretty lazy with the fish. I guess I'm lucky that they all eat NLS pellets.

Here's a pic of the pair out and about exploring their new home.

klm.jpg

yes maam what? gobies? or blennies?

Two Spot Blennies!

My female clown beat the crap out of the female blenny, but left the male alone for the most part. The female looks pretty rough and has a few gashes in her side but will hopefully make it.

meanie clownfish

I know it! I've had her for 1.5+ yrs though, so she can be a ##### for surviving that long.

Needs new FTS for 2012 :D

I'll have one up soon :D

Is that a hammer in the left hand corner? If so are u getting growth with it being on the sand i just put mine on the rocks and i might move it again

Yup, The hammer is there and there is a frogspawn on the right that's also in the sand. It grows really well, I actually just had to cut it in half because it grew a little too much and started to sting the digitata above it. I don't feed them at all and they both grow really well. I don't think placement matters too much for them to be honest, just make sure that they are getting the right ammount of light wherever they are.

Tank looks great from the last FTS, can't wait for new one. Love the blennies too, clownfish are the devil, i can't even keep my pair in the display they beat the crap out of everyone.

ooooh, pics pics pics

My camera has gone missing and the iPhone isn't cutting it, as soon as I find the camera I will have some new pics.

Tank looks great from the last FTS, can't wait for new one. Love the blennies too, clownfish are the devil, i can't even keep my pair in the display they beat the crap out of everyone.

Thanks MGD. Yeah the Female is a definite #####. I would get rid of any other fish with the same aggression issues, but I've had the pair for almost two years now so they're here to stay! The blennies are really funny, and ALGAE EATING MACHINES! I mean, I knew they'd eat algae but damn.

Here is an iphone pic of the ORA Hawkins Echinata. Hopefully I'll have more soon.

photo-4.jpg

Archived