Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Anthonys 5 Gallon Tanks

Builder Anthony

dman man, if I wasn't 6 hours out I'd drive up to give you a hand. wish I would of seen this sooner I was in Chicago doing maintenance only 3 days ago, I could of easily scooted up to Appleton. hope you get some help.

Builder Anthony

Ya well im not in crazy pain anymore but still have to be real careful

Top Left Frag TAnk Continued

Picture2012.jpg

Picture2056.jpg

Picture2017.jpg

Picture2016.jpg

Picture2015.jpg

Picture2014.jpg

Picture2013.jpg

Picture2011.jpg

Picture2010.jpg

Picture2009.jpg

Picture2008.jpg

Picture2006.jpg

Picture2001.jpg

Picture2002.jpg

Picture2003.jpg

Picture2005.jpg

Picture2004.jpg

Picture2007.jpg

Builder Anthony

Display Tank Continued

Picture2032.jpg

Picture2031.jpg

Picture2030.jpg

Picture2029.jpg

Picture2028.jpg

Picture2027.jpg

Picture2026.jpg

Picture2025.jpg

Picture2024.jpg

Picture2023.jpg

Picture2022.jpg

Picture2019.jpg

Picture2047.jpg

Other Frag Tank in night cycle

Picture2057.jpg

Picture2061.jpg

Picture2060.jpg

Picture2059.jpg

Picture2058.jpg

Edited by Builder Anthony
Builder Anthony

No,but ive stoped by there a few times.Its just i find this forum has more activeity on it.I just check for swaps on there really.

glad to see you're not dying. I have a local guy here who's had a rough bit with some injuries lately and I've been swinging by his place periodically to upkeep his systems / QT tanks.

Seems like I take my work home with me lol..

Builder Anthony

This fish is gone i tryed saveing it from the petstore because of extreme malnurisement and pretty much beat that but ich is present in all my tanks.So he has some in this photo.The picture is a few days old but he was eating.I went to feed this morning and there is absolutely no sign of this fish anywhwere.My sponge was hanging off the intake valve but only at the top.I dont know if it jumped behind the tank got sucked up in the filter or got eaten by a big fireworm.Theres no scales anywhere and no trace of it anywhere.

Picture2013.jpg

This is another big problem to.I was thinking the acan was browing out over weeks after being transfered to this frag tank but it actually has flipen brown slime on it that was slowly eating away the tissue.Its been removed with a waterpick.This phot is a few days old showing the brown slime.The brown slime may have started from aptasia stinging a real small mushroom but was taken out and rinsed and thrown into the bottom tank.The browning is very unnoticeable until water picked off.Doing so it comes off in small clumps and you can tell its not attached.Its very deceving.

Picture2005.jpg

Brown slime has also hit this wipeing out heads very slowly and its condition has worsened.Heads are being fed but i didnt waterpick it because its so small.I might just frag watevers left because its moving fast on this coral.

Picture2006.jpg

Problem number 3 is this.The matt and stems of this zoa are not responding well.It had 2 polyps showing signs of zoa pox from another small colony purchased.Its been peroxide diped 3 to 4 times.The walls of the stem seem to shed after this but there is damage to the walls.the peroxide was directly added to the coral polyps.This may be what led to the weaking of the wall tissue but the zoa pox do seem to be under control by directly hitting the colony but the colony will reamined closed.I think i should have waited a few days before each rinse.I think it eats the walls because it leaves a residue on the walls which i think the polyp trys to shed off with mucus but after its ran out of mucus it just starts eating the walls of the stem so basicly the internal things are still in order protected by whats left of the walls but it is closed since the walls are damaged.High lighting is being used to blast threw to the inner organs which seems to be somewhat working.Im getting a strange shape on the heads.

This picture is a few days old.Zoa pox polyps removed placed those 2 infeted polyps in the lower frag tank along with the colony.Hopeing the removed polyps will come back.

Notice the whiteing of the walls of the stem and the small excrection of brown on the top ceter of the zoa.Very very small amounts of zoooethelene but not constant more of a scab type occurence.I also think there is less chance for the zoas to fight off algae.The very bottom left corner zoas show a tint of green but this area was being chewed on by terrorist mini pods.

Picture2004.jpg

And of course the rarest colony is the one most affected by zoa pox,algae,and damage from direct peroxdie rinseing.So there in a small container with 4 good sized stomellas for the night to get rid of the algae which is much worse on these.But the stomellas i think will be the ticket.The rinses with peroxide have really helped with the pox along with manual removal but 2 weeks and hopeful ill have open polyps.Ill be very angry if i lose these.

I didnt even post a picture of these aussie mini zoas.All i can say is stay away from them they are not like keeping regular zoas at all in my opinion.It may have been my fault i didnt place them in the tank right away and was basicly qting them with a flouresent but the flourestent built up algae on them and the matt started disenergrateing.The bottom frag tank i have is borderline algae producer but there was no where else for the coral.Powerheads filters and airlines were placed to produce a strong current but the matt continues to fade.This is also a asteria starfish tank so there moven on on the matt which is good in one way taking off algae but bad in another that there eating the matt in the process.Some visual flourecence has been seen and theres a 50 50 chance it will make it.The entire shipment has been a nightmare.The steps i taken werent correct i hope you learn something from this.

Builder Anthony

Today in the morning i went to feed the fish and my other yellow clown goby is nowhere to be seen.I have no clue this fish isnt even in the same tank that the other yellow clown goby disappeared from.Theres a damsel but they havent really been going at it,a pistol shrimp i have no idea how big it is but its around 8 months old,and theres the possiblity that one of the lobos ate it because it sometimes perches up there.Really strange things going on with the tanks lately.

New Additions

Picture14007-1.jpg

Picture14006.jpg

Picture14005.jpg

Picture14004.jpg

Picture14002-1.jpg

Picture14003.jpg

Picture14.jpg

Builder Anthony

Heres two more zoa species that came with the other new additions a few days ago but just recently opened

New Additions

1002.jpg

1001.jpg

Builder Anthony

Lower frag tank now qt

Mini aussie zoas melted most likely from algae built up on the mat.Was placed in high flow and two direct additions of peroxide.

Red colony with green stars lost to white mat like bacteria in final killoff.zoapox started then direct peroxide flush to take care of the pox led to the walls melting on the stem.then the final stage was the white bacteria.

Blue zoa colony melted from peroxide added directly to polyps.Melted walls.Did peroxide directly to polyps to make sure zoa pox wasnt spreading on it but i should have just picked off the few polypsa that were infected.Instead i lost the colony

final stages of brown slime hit the blue xeina and wiped that out.reserve frag in upper left frag tank luckily but its small but growing well.

blue xeina was preveiously growing over a differnt type of lunar eclise i had they were a little darker.It was really blowing over these zoas and they closed up pretty tigh now they are somewhat deteriorated at the top and look like some tissue has been damaged.1 adult polyp and 2 babys effected

one other polyp looks odd in my tank it basicly just looks like a stem zoa but theres a funky greenish rim at the top near its mouth and it has no green in its natual color.wacthing closely debateing fraging off the 3 babys that are doing fine.

no more brown slime isssues in top left frag tank but eyeing closely.80 percent water changes done on all 3 tanks every three days.first i siphon out the lower tank then drain the left frag tank to the bottom.then fill the top left frag tank with bucket water.Then i drain the lower tank again and siphon the display to the lower.then i fill the display with bucket water.

cd cases taken off the led bulbs.light spectrum being diffused to much.

light cycles 12-14 hours on top tanks lower tank 8-10

salt 24- 25

display tank flow low

frag tank flow very good

lower frag tank could be better

alll setups are the same but the airline is more powerful on the top frag tank.scape differences vary flow

ich outbreak minimal over last 2-3 weeks

all corals bend toward the coralife 18 watt flouresent placed up against the side even with leds right above them.This is a very very good spectrum of light.I highly suggest this bulb.even the color is pleaseing to the eye.

sponges are really kicking off in the display tank in the back.2 types of yellow,black,purple,white netted.

wondering where these rainbow astera starfish are in the lower tank there really cool.

cinnamon polyp in the display is like almost 3 inches on the cap wondering how big that thing is gona get its pretty darn big!

waiting for the crazy zoas to breed lol those things aresome with some of the new colors i picked up

5 differnt zoas picked up yesterday.......nothing to crazy but the species list is going up

growout

1024.jpg

same type just not as bright.they havent really been blasted with light but there doing ok

1017.jpg

1019.jpg

1018.jpg

1021.jpg

1022.jpg

1016.jpg

1015.jpg

Picture14006-1.jpg

1013.jpg

1014.jpg

1012.jpg

1011.jpg

1010.jpg

1009.jpg

1008.jpg

Picture023.jpg

1007.jpg

1006.jpg

1005.jpg

1001-1.jpg

1002-1.jpg

One of the new zoas.Looks reasly simular to to the bam bams i already have but in the store they were real plump...almost double the size.Been doing alot of water changes.The zoas awalys seem to open more right before i do a change but i try to keep ich out so balanceing things really sucks.I dont know i saved this fish from starvation in the store and one died to who knows what.Within 2 weeks i had two yellow clowns just disappear in two seperate tanks.Lot of growth and alot of death.....balanceing isnt to fun i like being up.Seems things settle down and then all hit the fan at once.I think the overall run of my tank layouts has been good though just crowded.The display tank runs the best i never do anything to it except pull a little hair algae off the ball sponge and shift the lights around.The frag tank awalys has to have stuff moved around in it though.the bottom tank i reallly dont mess around with at all either.i got some red flatworms in there though so i try to get rid of those every now and then..........im really impressed with growing xeina on a sheet of plastic though.its cool i can move it around anywhere and to frag just cut the flat plastic.Plus i could just layer a peice underneath it to grow on more plastic but i got it up on the glass now.mag floats holding it up there.some purples starting to build up on the frag rack which is cool to.i try to pull out the starfish that are small in there but theres always one in there seemingly no matter how many times i take one out.

1004.jpg

Builder Anthony

well takeing off the cd cases from the bottom of my leds was a big mistake.One day and my eyes were hurting badly and i had a headache.So i put some orange cd cases on the bottom by glueing them on there.Kind of a weird color orange and all but its something differnt then the uasual.

2006.jpg

This may be splitting real soon

2009.jpg

2010.jpg

2011.jpg

2012.jpg

2013.jpg

2015.jpg

Builder Anthony

i do single polyps all the time the key is just finding one that you can just pluck off a plug without causeing any damage to it.you have to be careful when glueing them as they are real small.these are mounted on filter ceramic peices that are used in filters but it allows you to glue the bottom of the little plug onto something else.its a temporary plug till it grows out more but its real easy to handle and takes up minamal space.

old photo for referance

1001.jpg

i mount 4 of the ceramic plags onto a argonite square but it could be anything i just like to move them around easily

old photo for referance

Picture004.jpg

heres a few i have done.each ceramic has a differnt species on it so 4 per square.i basicly want as many species as i could get and i figure this is a good way to keep track of them.i think they are just easier to handle like this.i could also pull the raqck out anytime i want to off the plumbing hooks i cut and ziptied together.keeps things from crawling on the rack.regular plugs are to big for single polyps for me.i think this method allows me to frag them easy as the matt tends to grow off the sides or i could just cut the top one off and let the matt grow back that way.this has been my own little experiment and i think its working out really well.its cost efficient a reg plug will cost about a quater and about 100 plugs like this will be 2 or 3 bucks.the arrgonite squares were like 50 cents each but i like the style i want to have the entire system like this in a seperate tank with nothing but the squares set up like that...........awalys dip your freshly glued frags in upsidedown like 5 or 6 times........the glue floats up and you dont want that on the coral.

old photo for referance

Picture2016.jpg

i do single polyps all the time the key is just finding one that you can just pluck off a plug without causeing any damage to it.you have to be careful when glueing them as they are real small.these are mounted on filter ceramic peices that are used in filters but it allows you to glue the bottom of the little plug onto something else.its a temporary plug till it grows out more but its real easy to handle and takes up minamal space.

old photo for referance

1001.jpg

i mount 4 of the ceramic plags onto a argonite square but it could be anything i just like to move them around easily

old photo for referance

Picture004.jpg

heres a few i have done.each ceramic has a differnt species on it so 4 per square.i basicly want as many species as i could get and i figure this is a good way to keep track of them.i think they are just easier to handle like this.i could also pull the raqck out anytime i want to off the plumbing hooks i cut and ziptied together.keeps things from crawling on the rack.regular plugs are to big for single polyps for me.i think this method allows me to frag them easy as the matt tends to grow off the sides or i could just cut the top one off and let the matt grow back that way.this has been my own little experiment and i think its working out really well.its cost efficient a reg plug will cost about a quater and about 100 plugs like this will be 2 or 3 bucks.the arrgonite squares were like 50 cents each but i like the style i want to have the entire system like this in a seperate tank with nothing but the squares set up like that...........awalys dip your freshly glued frags in upsidedown like 5 or 6 times........the glue floats up and you dont want that on the coral.

old photo for referance

Picture2016.jpg

reference*

• 2 weeks later...
Builder Anthony

Maxi mini split .......heres both halfs.Its like curling its foot in where it split.I been waiting a long time for this to happen and im happy it took place.I think it happened at night or i just didnt notice it yesterday but i think i fed it yesterday.I pretty much feed it evry day since it stays at the top there.I sometimes think its up there for the food because its awalys on the water line.It doesnt really mind being out of the water either.MOst of the time some part of it is right above the water.

2040.jpg

2041.jpg

Random shots.Im tryen to get better with camera heres some of the good ones

2046.jpg

2042.jpg

2043.jpg

2045.jpg

2044.jpg

You have quite some marbles to keep a tallied list of your reefing coin drain on the first page, makes me shiver at what i would find out about myself if i were to have ever kept such a list... *shudder*

Builder Anthony

ya that was something i was soupposed to keep up with but its way out of date.I was tryen to keep track of costs and stuff like that but it turned out to be a bad idea.Tryen to maintain the tanks is hard when things dont go well so i guess i pushed it to the side.Every thing seems to be going real smooth now though so im kinda taken a break.I think cutting back on purchases has really allowed me to relax a little and its nice to actually wacth the tanks instead of tryen to constantly readjust corals on the racks and everything else along with it.i dont know its somewhere around 3 or 4 grand i lost count and dont really want to know.

• 2 weeks later...
Builder Anthony

Zoa pox hit the frag tank.8 species lost.palys seem to be resilant.remaining uneffected frags checked and placed in display in high flow area.I have no idea how this creeped up the only thing that could have caused it was the infected colony i out in there a month or two ago but it was in there like two or three days.I first noticed a few polyps closeing and deteriorating but i thought they were getting to much light.I was checking them and then one day most of them seemed to have pox.Its very frustrating with all the time ive spent trying to aquire species to lose around 10 in a day and thats basicly it for that frag tank i dont think ill every put any in there again.I just hope the display tank holds up.Luckily the lunar eclipse doesnt show any sign of it.Theres about a hundred on there.Recently the frags were all doing well too and growth was filling plugs up.Lost some nice stuff.im basicly back to square2.

Builder Anthony

I got those down in greenbay.I think they may be palys because of the slit mouth.They have surrived the pox without infection and are in the display tank.3 polyps on one 4 on another.

Builder Anthony

sigh i look at my photos of the top of the page and i think.....it never fails as soon as i get everything perfect something crazy happens.