Cultivated Reef

3/2/04 - If you could do it all over again...

Orange Crush

first i would have went twenty plus gallons filled it up nicely with reef and came here to this topic and complained about wanting a smaller tank like i have now. its nice to wish we did it right the first time but think what we learned from our "newbie" mistakes!!!

TONK-CATCHER

This isnt my first tank, but i would have drilled holes in the back of my tank around the waterline for the drain to the refugium and the return from the pump, instead of drilling holes in the bottom and using pvc pipes sticking up from the bottom to the waterline..It wasnt as noticeable in my old larger tank, but it botheres me alot in this smaller one..besides that my tank is bulletproof for a 20 gallon..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
greentreepython

I would have a picked a cheaper ecosystem, maybe an ant farm or a flea circus.

Nah seriously, would have done my research on buffers and supps, dont need em, and oceans blend is the only 2 part youll ever use again, and if you change your water weekly, you dont need anything else, seriously people "oceansblend.com"

don.earnest

Would've read the directions on the ESV Oolitic Arogonite Reef Sand container and not dumped it into my new tank without rinsing it first.

Three days into the cycle and still too cloudy to see the live rock!

Archived