Innovative Marine Aquariums

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

I swear that leather is trying to slowly take over the tank. It has at least quadrupled in size since i got it

I'd say more than that! It's a really nice leather though :wub:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
I'd say more than that! It's a really nice leather though :wub:

I know!! I love it! And to think just a couple short months ago, it was a tiny piece of loose, unwanted leather...It's cute when it eats :lol: My favorite coral to feed though, is that green/purple/orange spikey muchroom I recently got. When a piece of food touches it, it curls up like thats the last piece of food it will ever get

I know!! I love it! And to think just a couple short months ago, it was a tiny piece of loose, unwanted leather...It's cute when it eats :lol: My favorite coral to feed though, is that green/purple/orange spikey muchroom I recently got. When a piece of food touches it, it curls up like thats the last piece of food it will ever get

Haha cool, I have a hard time feeding my mushrooms, usually the food just falls right off <_<

altolamprologus
Haha cool, I have a hard time feeding my mushrooms, usually the food just falls right off <_<

my other ones are really slow so i have to manually hold the food there while simultaneously chasing away both cleaner shrimp so they can't steal the food :rant:

altolamprologus

update: I did some water tests omgomgomg

nitrate 0ppm. idk why I even bother testing this one. It's always 0.

pH 8.0

calcium 460 ppm. This is the lowest my calcium has ever tested. Before I had sps, my calcium was 520ppm.

alk 6dkh. yikes!

So I guess my weekly 4 gallon water changes are no longer keeping up with the extreme growth rates of my sps...

this is a pic from about 2 months ago. See what I mean about extreme growth(as compared to the new FTS)? Coralline is everywhere, the orange monti digi has grown almost an inch, and the purple monticap has grown half and inch all around

IMG_0742.jpg

Woah, get that alk up!

haha aww you have to go back to 2 water changes a week now? :P:lol:

Lol I was looking at the old FTS thinking, what do you mean, it hasn't really grown... xD

altolamprologus
Woah, get that alk up!

haha aww you have to go back to 2 water changes a week now? :P:lol:

Lol I was looking at the old FTS thinking, what do you mean, it hasn't really grown... xD

I put in a pH/alk buffer so I'll test again today and I'm gonna mix water tonight and do a water change tomorrow.

Haha nice one! My rocks were so green just a little while ago! Now they're pink and purple. I think I'm gonna start scraping the purple to get it to seed to other rocks

I put in a pH/alk buffer so I'll test again today and I'm gonna mix water tonight and do a water change tomorrow.

Haha nice one! My rocks were so green just a little while ago! Now they're pink and purple. I think I'm gonna start scraping the purple to get it to seed to other rocks

Well just using seachem will get the alk back up lol

Ooh, if you want, you can also get some large pieces off the bottom of the coral tanks at Atlantis :)

altolamprologus
THIS TANK IS THE INTESTINAL TRACK OF A UNICORN

I'm not sure what that means, but I'll take it as a compliment :lol: And you're in my sig now. Feel proud, feel very proud.

:huh:

That's what my face looked like when I read that.

[Pretend Alto is posting this]

So my (super-amazing) friend Yoshii came over and tested out her new BoostLed PAR30 over my tank, and it looks awesome B)

5cd21b91296e__1307063539000.jpg

FTS -3xRB 1xCW 1xNW

4cb978194a60__1307063748000.jpg

Insane huge green shroom

5b8d4f6ebf99__1307063791000.jpg

FTS-3xRB

570321f12ae4__1307063860000.jpg

Terrible pic, but the orange digi looks so amazing (and red) under LEDs!

0f574f5fe656__1307063883000.jpg

Top-down

altolamprologus

Thanks for posting them!! Although your phone camera couldn't really handle the intensity :scarry:

I love how on the last pic, the neon green mushroom is so bright it's a white blob.

altolamprologus

New pics and vids coming soon. Still waiting for a video to upload to photobucket.

Anyway, a couple of updates: my gorgeous green muchroom got stung by hammer coral sweeper tentacle (it's a little hurt but ok)

And I got a few new corals (pics coming soon)

altolamprologus

Green mushroom before being stung. The camera has issues capturing the true color, it's pretty much the color of a green highlighter.

IMG_1189.jpg

Mushroom after being stung. The black part is where the sweeper hit. Theres more damage that I couldn't get in the pic.

IMG_1230.jpg

Got these zoas a couple weeks ago, but was never able to get a good pic. Out of about 100 pics, this was the best...

IMG_1198.jpg

New incredible fuffy birdsnest

IMG_1210.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

vid of the polyps moving around...(click for vid)

th_MVI_1265.jpg

New duncan

IMG_1213.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

Clown is getting blacker by the day :) He's probably about 1.5 inches now

IMG_1241.jpg

This Macroalgae just started growing. Anyone know what it is?

IMG_1226.jpg

Feeding time!! The camera stays on the GSP so long because it took longer than anticipated for the food to get it. It's cool when the GSP starts eating though.(click for vid)

th_MVI_1266.jpg

altolamprologus
Woah that's a lot of phyto at once :eek:

Its actually a mix of oyster-feast, phyto-feast, marine snow and rotifers. I told you I feed a lot!! I have been feeding that much daily(plus fish food 2x per day) for weeks and still no increase in nitrates or phosphates. AND my corals are growing rediculously fast. What can I say, I'm a god.

You haz a bird

I have 3 birds :lol:

Alto, bad news...

I just found your goby, dead on the bottom of the tank :tears: I'm sorry :(

It's weird, the colors are still very bright, they don't usually use cyanide to catch clown gobies, do they?

fe988ad7cd51__1307940028000.jpeg

igotreefermadness

Im glad your tank is doing so well. I feel like the liberal feedings versus the bi-weekly water changes might be messing with your water stability. You might be able to move your WCs back to a weekly or even bi-monthly regime if you are more conservative with your feedings. And in our hobby, stability is key; and even a WC is detrimental to the health of our tanks, in a sense that swings in water chemistry upset our organisms.

altolamprologus
Alto, bad news...

I just found your goby, dead on the bottom of the tank :tears: I'm sorry :(

It's weird, the colors are still very bright, they don't usually use cyanide to catch clown gobies, do they?

fe988ad7cd51__1307940028000.jpeg

:o:tears::tears::rant::tears::tears::rant:

Woah, he's dead in that pic? He still looks alive... I swear they use cyanide on every fish I get :angry:

Im glad your tank is doing so well. I feel like the liberal feedings versus the bi-weekly water changes might be messing with your water stability. You might be able to move your WCs back to a weekly or even bi-monthly regime if you are more conservative with your feedings. And in our hobby, stability is key; and even a WC is detrimental to the health of our tanks, in a sense that swings in water chemistry upset our organisms.

It's actually not really that much food because I only have 1 small clown and 2 cleaner shrimp in a 29 gallon, so even though I feed the coral, it's not as much of a bioload as some other people's tanks. But I have knocked back water changes to about once a week. And you would think it throws off stability but I have been testing my water about twice a week and its pretty much constant, with the only changes being a small drop in alk and calcium by the end of the week. Nevertheless, thanks for the advice.

altolamprologus

Green clown gobies come from the indo-pacific, which is where a lot of cyanide fishing is done. I think I should just not buy fish ever again.

Archived