1003 replies to this topic

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California

I swear that leather is trying to slowly take over the tank. It has at least quadrupled in size since i got it

I'd say more than that! It's a really nice leather though :wub:

55gal: Reef SeahorseFontDivideTransperent.png 10g: Leaffish Macro-Algae Tank SeahorseFontDivideTransperent.png 3g: Pico Reef SeahorseFontDivideTransperent.png 1.6g: Softie Reef

I swear yoshii you turn every thread into a chat box lol!!!

Lack of research is the biggest down fall of people in this hobby.

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

I'd say more than that! It's a really nice leather though :wub:

I know!! I love it! And to think just a couple short months ago, it was a tiny piece of loose, unwanted leather...It's cute when it eats :lol: My favorite coral to feed though, is that green/purple/orange spikey muchroom I recently got. When a piece of food touches it, it curls up like thats the last piece of food it will ever get

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Did someone mention Alto ???
Im GAGA for Alto !!

I'd give you a hug but you might stab me

29 gallon reef; 20 gallon angler lagoon

Posted Image

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California

I know!! I love it! And to think just a couple short months ago, it was a tiny piece of loose, unwanted leather...It's cute when it eats :lol: My favorite coral to feed though, is that green/purple/orange spikey muchroom I recently got. When a piece of food touches it, it curls up like thats the last piece of food it will ever get

Haha cool, I have a hard time feeding my mushrooms, usually the food just falls right off <_<

55gal: Reef SeahorseFontDivideTransperent.png 10g: Leaffish Macro-Algae Tank SeahorseFontDivideTransperent.png 3g: Pico Reef SeahorseFontDivideTransperent.png 1.6g: Softie Reef

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

Haha cool, I have a hard time feeding my mushrooms, usually the food just falls right off <_<

my other ones are really slow so i have to manually hold the food there while simultaneously chasing away both cleaner shrimp so they can't steal the food :rant:

You're the type of man who passes by sports illustrated and grabs encyclopedia brittanica when you take a dump, huh?

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
update: I did some water tests omgomgomg
nitrate 0ppm. idk why I even bother testing this one. It's always 0.
pH 8.0
calcium 460 ppm. This is the lowest my calcium has ever tested. Before I had sps, my calcium was 520ppm.
alk 6dkh. yikes!

So I guess my weekly 4 gallon water changes are no longer keeping up with the extreme growth rates of my sps...

this is a pic from about 2 months ago. See what I mean about extreme growth(as compared to the new FTS)? Coralline is everywhere, the orange monti digi has grown almost an inch, and the purple monticap has grown half and inch all around
Posted Image

Edited by altolamprologus, 01 June 2011 - 07:24 PM.

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California
Woah, get that alk up!
haha aww you have to go back to 2 water changes a week now? :P :lol:

Lol I was looking at the old FTS thinking, what do you mean, it hasn't really grown... xD

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

Woah, get that alk up!
haha aww you have to go back to 2 water changes a week now? :P :lol:

Lol I was looking at the old FTS thinking, what do you mean, it hasn't really grown... xD

I put in a pH/alk buffer so I'll test again today and I'm gonna mix water tonight and do a water change tomorrow.

Haha nice one! My rocks were so green just a little while ago! Now they're pink and purple. I think I'm gonna start scraping the purple to get it to seed to other rocks

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California

I put in a pH/alk buffer so I'll test again today and I'm gonna mix water tonight and do a water change tomorrow.

Haha nice one! My rocks were so green just a little while ago! Now they're pink and purple. I think I'm gonna start scraping the purple to get it to seed to other rocks

Well just using seachem will get the alk back up lol

Ooh, if you want, you can also get some large pieces off the bottom of the coral tanks at Atlantis :)

Kazooie

Kazooie

Sing to me now, my angel of music

• Members
  • 8,305 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
THIS TANK IS THE INTESTINAL TRACK OF A UNICORN

If you were into the puberty phase, you'd be a ####ing neckbeard. Get out of here you ####ing tween #### ##### ass mother####er stupid ##### bastard ####er chicken leg pride rally supporter. Get out of here with your poverty opinions you ####ing ice cream sandwich stupid #### ##### alter ego reported for harassing me and I messaged the FBI and I left Obama a voicemail and wrote a postcard to your parents.
Enjoy not posting you giant neckbeard looooser.

Do you even logic?

thanks jen. i have him on ignore so i don't get sick whenever he's craving attention. kazooie, to be honest the world would be better off without you and your parents will actually be happy when they discover you lifeless in the bathtub with slit wrists. HTH

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California
:huh:

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

I'm not sure what that means, but I'll take it as a compliment :lol: And you're in my sig now. Feel proud, feel very proud.

:huh:

That's what my face looked like when I read that.

Edited by altolamprologus, 02 June 2011 - 04:48 PM.

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California
[Pretend Alto is posting this]

So my (super-amazing) friend Yoshii came over and tested out her new BoostLed PAR30 over my tank, and it looks awesome B)
Posted Image
FTS -3xRB 1xCW 1xNW
Posted Image
Insane huge green shroom
Posted Image
FTS-3xRB
Posted Image
Terrible pic, but the orange digi looks so amazing (and red) under LEDs!
Posted Image
Top-down

Kazooie

Kazooie

• Members
  • 8,305 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place

X2 NOW

If you were into the puberty phase, you'd be a ####ing neckbeard. Get out of here you ####ing tween #### ##### ass mother####er stupid ##### bastard ####er chicken leg pride rally supporter. Get out of here with your poverty opinions you ####ing ice cream sandwich stupid #### ##### alter ego reported for harassing me and I messaged the FBI and I left Obama a voicemail and wrote a postcard to your parents.

Do you even logic?

thanks jen. i have him on ignore so i don't get sick whenever he's craving attention. kazooie, to be honest the world would be better off without you and your parents will actually be happy when they discover you lifeless in the bathtub with slit wrists. HTH

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
Thanks for posting them!! Although your phone camera couldn't really handle the intensity :scarry:

I love how on the last pic, the neon green mushroom is so bright it's a white blob.

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
New pics and vids coming soon. Still waiting for a video to upload to photobucket.

Anyway, a couple of updates: my gorgeous green muchroom got stung by hammer coral sweeper tentacle (it's a little hurt but ok)

And I got a few new corals (pics coming soon)

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
Green mushroom before being stung. The camera has issues capturing the true color, it's pretty much the color of a green highlighter.
Posted Image

Mushroom after being stung. The black part is where the sweeper hit. Theres more damage that I couldn't get in the pic.
Posted Image

Got these zoas a couple weeks ago, but was never able to get a good pic. Out of about 100 pics, this was the best...
Posted Image

New incredible fuffy birdsnest
Posted Image
Posted Image

vid of the polyps moving around...(click for vid)
Posted Image

New duncan
Posted Image
Posted Image

Clown is getting blacker by the day :) He's probably about 1.5 inches now
Posted Image

This Macroalgae just started growing. Anyone know what it is?
Posted Image

Feeding time!! The camera stays on the GSP so long because it took longer than anticipated for the food to get it. It's cool when the GSP starts eating though.(click for vid)
Posted Image

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

Kazooie

Kazooie

• Members
  • 8,305 posts
  • Joined 10 Jul 2010
  • This Place
You haz a bird

Do you even logic?

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California
Woah that's a lot of phyto at once :eek:

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

Woah that's a lot of phyto at once :eek:

Its actually a mix of oyster-feast, phyto-feast, marine snow and rotifers. I told you I feed a lot!! I have been feeding that much daily(plus fish food 2x per day) for weeks and still no increase in nitrates or phosphates. AND my corals are growing rediculously fast. What can I say, I'm a god.

You haz a bird

I have 3 birds :lol:

Edited by altolamprologus, 12 June 2011 - 06:29 PM.

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,005 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
The only coral that is doing really well for me right now is my rainbow monti...others...are doing ok.

yoshii

yoshii

Female Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 7,662 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2010
  • East Bay, California
Alto, bad news...
I just found your goby, dead on the bottom of the tank :tears: I'm sorry :(
It's weird, the colors are still very bright, they don't usually use cyanide to catch clown gobies, do they?
Posted Image

igotreefermadness

igotreefermadness

REEFER MADNESS

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Joined 09 Aug 2010
  • Lincoln, NE
Im glad your tank is doing so well. I feel like the liberal feedings versus the bi-weekly water changes might be messing with your water stability. You might be able to move your WCs back to a weekly or even bi-monthly regime if you are more conservative with your feedings. And in our hobby, stability is key; and even a WC is detrimental to the health of our tanks, in a sense that swings in water chemistry upset our organisms.
12 long gallons of REEFER MADNESS

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California

Alto, bad news...
I just found your goby, dead on the bottom of the tank :tears: I'm sorry :(
It's weird, the colors are still very bright, they don't usually use cyanide to catch clown gobies, do they?
Posted Image

:o :tears: :tears: :rant: :tears: :tears: :rant:

Woah, he's dead in that pic? He still looks alive... I swear they use cyanide on every fish I get :angry:

Im glad your tank is doing so well. I feel like the liberal feedings versus the bi-weekly water changes might be messing with your water stability. You might be able to move your WCs back to a weekly or even bi-monthly regime if you are more conservative with your feedings. And in our hobby, stability is key; and even a WC is detrimental to the health of our tanks, in a sense that swings in water chemistry upset our organisms.

It's actually not really that much food because I only have 1 small clown and 2 cleaner shrimp in a 29 gallon, so even though I feed the coral, it's not as much of a bioload as some other people's tanks. But I have knocked back water changes to about once a week. And you would think it throws off stability but I have been testing my water about twice a week and its pretty much constant, with the only changes being a small drop in alk and calcium by the end of the week. Nevertheless, thanks for the advice.

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image

Squared

Squared

nano reefer

• Members
  • 12,005 posts
  • Joined 13 Feb 2010
  • SoCal
:tears: so sad...

altolamprologus

altolamprologus

Female reefer

• Members
  • 5,929 posts
  • Joined 21 Feb 2011
  • Bay Area, California
Green clown gobies come from the indo-pacific, which is where a lot of cyanide fishing is done. I think I should just not buy fish ever again.

Im GAGA for Alto !!

Posted Image