SaltCritters.com

29 gallons of awesome

altolamprologus

I think I'd rather keep my stuff for myself. You should come over during spring break.

Yay paper towels!

So how's your sympodium doing? I was thinking of getting some to fill in a couple spots.

I think it would look better in my tanks :P Sure, and actually I can come over next week if you want a pic of your mandy (I promise I won't stay for 3 hours)

Yay light timer! :D

It's doing good, it's grown too, I like it :) I think I should start feeding it more and it will grow faster

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
altolamprologus
I think it would look better in my tanks :P Sure, and actually I can come over next week if you want a pic of your mandy (I promise I won't stay for 3 hours)

Yay light timer! :D

It's doing good, it's grown too, I like it :) I think I should start feeding it more and it will grow faster

Next week is fine. Monday, wednesday or friday, whichever works for you.

Yay paper towels and light timer! :lol:

Once it grows more I could trade you something for a frag fingerscrossed

I've always wanted a sympodium :(

I think liveaquaria has some. Or you could ask your LFS to find it for you

I've always wanted a sympodium :(

It's actually not that expensive, I think my frag was $20, but there were smaller frags for $15 at the LFS I bought it at

Next week is fine. Monday, wednesday or friday, whichever works for you.

Yay paper towels and light timer! :lol:

Once it grows more I could trade you something for a frag fingerscrossed

I think liveaquaria has some. Or you could ask your LFS to find it for you

Ok cool :)

Sure, I'll just give it to you, no need to trade

Btw, I was surprised my sypodium opened up so quickly once it was in the tank, I've heard sometimes it takes months for it for fully open

altolamprologus
It's actually not that expensive, I think my frag was $20, but there were smaller frags for $15 at the LFS I bought it at

Ok cool :)

Sure, I'll just give it to you, no need to trade

Btw, I was surprised my sypodium opened up so quickly once it was in the tank, I've heard sometimes it takes months for it for fully open

Months :huh: Thanks crazy!

altolamprologus

I raided two of my pod cultures last night and got a good 10,000 pods. I'm not kidding, it snowed in there! The mandarins are fat and happy :)

Try blood worms on your mandarin, my pair love them more than mysis. My big male even swims to the top of the tank to grab them.

altolamprologus
Try blood worms on your mandarin, my pair love them more than mysis. My big male even swims to the top of the tank to grab them.

I feed them bloodworms from time to time. I love how they slurp it up like spaghetti :) It's just not very nutritious so I don't feed it very often.

altolamprologus
How to tell the difference between the male and female?

The first dorsal fin of males has an elongated fin ray (yours for example is a male) and the first dorsal fin of females is small and round. Females are also much smaller than males and tend to be more docile.

altolamprologus

Cleaner shrimp zoea+green water+copepods+brine shrimp nauplii.....What could I possibly be doing?

I have had my Mandy eating the Rods on and off, how easy is it to get them on Bloodworms and Myisis? He had to be coaxed with live Brine mixed in but he did eat it.

altolamprologus
Baby mandarins...

Those will be sometime in the near future once my pod cultures are large enough to raise mandarins rotifer-free. For now I'm raising the actual cleaner shrimp. Wish me luck, I'm going to need all I can get!

OMG that will be the cutest thing! ;)

It would be! I think it was pacific east aquaculture that posted a pic of one of their baby S. picturatus. So adorable!

I have had my Mandy eating the Rods on and off, how easy is it to get them on Bloodworms and Myisis? He had to be coaxed with live Brine mixed in but he did eat it.

Usually they will take to bloodworms during the first couple feeding attempts, but mysis takes a lot longer. Just keep mixing it in with live brine and rods and he should try it eventually.

Archived