This tank has been upgraded to a 20 gallon long, which begins on page 2 (post #41).
I figured I'd start a tank thread, mainly so I can track my own progress, but any input or advice is much appreciated. It's nothing special, but I'm somewhat of a beginner, and a college student, and there is NO LFS within an hour drive !
At the beginning of this year, I upgraded from a 5 gallon eclipse bowfront (which thrived, even though I neglected it for almost three years) to a standard 10g which used to be a freshwater tank. I simply moved everything from the 5g to the 10g (there was no cycle).
- standard 10g tank
- two of evil's par38s (12,000k), upgraded from 2x18 nova extreme
- penguin 150 powerfilter (with biowheel removed)
- koralia nano (240gph)
- generic heater
- some live rock and live sand
- Blue Damsel
- blue leg hermits
- various snails
- various hitchikers (red muchrooms, feather dusters, worms, starfish, sponge, clams)
- various zoas (if anyone knows the names, that would be great)
Zoas (from petco), along with some sort of clam hitchhiker:
What the mushrooms looked like under the nova extreme fixture:
What the mushrooms look like after a few weeks under the par38s :
Lighting fixture (miniwhinny's design) made of pvc pipe, light sockets, zip-ties, electrical tape:
Thanks and Enjoy.
Edited by LarryMoeCurly, 17 April 2013 - 05:29 PM.