SaltCritters.com

Tunze 9002 Solana version

craftyfish

I really want to order the solana version of tunze cup mod...

but I wasnt sure if this will fit...the space is a bit crowded it looks like

I took 2 pics to show what it looks like right now

the wall facing the display is about 1/5 in or less away from the collector nozzle, where the cup goes in...

and height seem like 3.5 maybe good, but 3in might be better, if I wanted to get a dry skimmate and raise the skimmer up a little bit...

anyways steve take a look at the pics and let me know what you think

post-64426-1300312626.jpg

post-64426-1300312633_thumb.jpg

Do you have the skimmer resting on something now? We have a lot of these cups in the Solana so I know they work out fine. The tunze works best at the water level line or just below it, it can work up to 1/2" below that line. I have never really gotten "dry" skimmate with a 9002 only tea like in the cup. Dry stuff collects in the cup's tube no matter the water level line.

Sounds like you saw that already but here are the dimensions of that cup for whoever else

• 3.5" tall with Lid
  • 2.7" Deep
  • 4.5" Wide (length)

wow thats a fast reply...

and I noticed, the original cup has gaps between the nozzle from body and the collector cup for the air...the air control for the stock unit is inside the nozzle area...thus the space to breath

with the mod that I did I actually dont need the space at all....do you think you can make one that will fit just about perfect in the nozzle and the cup height about 1/2 inch shorter?

so dimensions maybe good, but the size of the cup pipe and height is what I would like to know if it could be changed...

Sorry, just don't have the time for custom work. I don't know if making the tube shorter will still allow the correct amount of foam to be passed into the cup, I have never tested it. I have seen someone take an acrylic sleeve(cut some tube) to take away that gap between the tube and the skimmer body.

5505514074_b38a02c9de_z.jpg

It fits great in my solana! This weekend I will be putting in the media basket. Stevie, what is the order of product inside of the basket again?

I just ordered the solana version...I did think about the skinny...but it's a little lengthier I noticed...so I just stuck with solana version...

can't wait...

Archived