• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

mrg02d

mrg02d

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,023 posts
  • Joined 30 Jun 2010

I'd really like to know what you are defining as PUR? Seeing as its an application specific measurement, I'd like to know what wavelength ranges you use and what bias weighting you use for the different wavelength ranges to get a PUR measurement? You mention PUR at every corner, but you have yet to define exactly what it is. Don't give us the typical definition of "photosynthetic usable radiation". We need details.

+1

And is it just me, or do these guys sound like they found some new alien LED technology that far surpasses CREE leds and the like? I mean, how much better could these things be? They are just LEDs with a driver, in a little heatsinked package, right?

Matt

Destination

Destination

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04 Apr 2010
am I the only person who noticed they keep ignoring my question

just as soon as I figure out how to post pics on here I will show you I have three of these damn things
and can not get any customer support is it that you don't know

or dont care orphek america rep

I have been following you on every site I can find you on looking for answers to my questions
no one is asking the question that I am and every site i go to you are just saying the same things

GiantBen

GiantBen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,065 posts
  • Joined 26 Jan 2009
  • North Bay, CA
Orphek had a reply after mrg02d's post. Something about "Show me a Cree with that spectral output.". What happened to it.

I've also noticed that they have not answered my question about wether or not one of the fixtures they (somehat flippantly) recommened for my tank will cover it adequately. Fortunatley for me I have not purchased anything yet.

I'm going to be taking a serious look at LEDsa for this tank in the next year and am working at crossing names off the list right now.

BigBad82

BigBad82

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 638 posts
  • Joined 15 Jun 2010
Guys, give Orphek a chance to reply there is only one guy for the USA, Canada and UK and time is unfortunately very limited on the forums.

doppelganger

doppelganger

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Joined 12 Nov 2010
  • Vancouver, Canada
all I wanted to know was the coverage of a single lamp is at 100% hung at X inches. I don't know what "honey comb" lenses do.
Posted Image

OrphekUSA

OrphekUSA

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 119 posts
  • Joined 05 Mar 2011
~16x16x16" when suspended at 12" :)

doppelganger

doppelganger

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  • Joined 12 Nov 2010
  • Vancouver, Canada
ah thank you!
Posted Image

evilc66

evilc66

LED Gawd

• Premium Members
  • 17,597 posts
  • Joined 26 Aug 2007
  • Shelby Twp. Michigan
Seeing as you are answering questions...

I'd really like to know what you are defining as PUR? Seeing as its an application specific measurement, I'd like to know what wavelength ranges you use and what bias weighting you use for the different wavelength ranges to get a PUR measurement? You mention PUR at every corner, but you have yet to define exactly what it is. Don't give us the typical definition of "photosynthetic usable radiation". We need details.

GiantBen

GiantBen

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 3,065 posts
  • Joined 26 Jan 2009
  • North Bay, CA

Well, you could use a single PR-156 fixture suspended at 16-20" instead, or a PR-156W fixture at 12-16".

This would cover the area of the tank? How would the par look ( going to check the site for par plots now)?

Seeing as you are answering questions...

Get in line :P

Destination

Destination

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 04 Apr 2010
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

[ pictures of one ML7 the quality of blue is truly not depicted here neither is the true florence of the corals

only one of my par 25's over my biocube 29
Posted Image
Posted Image
orphek pictures by Destination1983, on Flickr
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

tank under original power compacts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

parts i used to build custom light stand cost $63
Posted Image
orphek pictures by Destination1983, on FlickrI'll post video soon of my tank running both par25's

I love the lights customer service sucks and side note Orphek north america rep you do not have my permission to use my photos i have been following you on all sites looking for answers and you have none
i understand that you are just a sales rep but it is your responsibility to ask the people who created this product to find answers to our questions

Posted Image
IMG_2815 by Posted Image
IMG_2817 by Destination1983, on Flickrflickr.com/people/destination1983/]Destination1983[/url], on Flickr

reefNrod

reefNrod

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 25 Apr 2011
Destination,

Very nice looking Nano tank.

As for the customer service. Check and post on the company website. I think you will find it works bettet than posting in a forum such as this. Remember they are selling around the world and doin't always have time to check every forum out there for questions. Couple that with the fact that a lot of Forums don't allow vendors to post and it gets to be too much to manage.

I am running some of the PR25s as well and am loving them. I am sure you will like them too.

OrphekUSA

OrphekUSA

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 119 posts
  • Joined 05 Mar 2011
Actually I'm also the marine biologist and designed a few of the spectral curves for our engineer to create.

Reefnrod is correct though - we sponsor about a dozen different sites on top of the fact that I assist more than one country. For specific product related questions, email me: usa[at]orphek.com. For everything else, patience please! :)

Edited by OrphekUSA, 12 May 2011 - 11:48 PM.

OrphekUSA

OrphekUSA

Nano Reefer

• Sponsor
  • 119 posts
  • Joined 05 Mar 2011
Detailed info on the PAR from Mr. Wilson on RC: http://www.reefcentr...amp;postcount=9

Edited by OrphekUSA, 23 June 2011 - 05:47 AM.

bensanders

bensanders

engineered reefs

• Members
  • 1,449 posts
  • Joined 16 Nov 2010
  • Austin, TX
http://reefbuilders....14/mike-maddox/

http://www.reefcentr...e...4818&page=4
sandman's 40br
40br LED build
DIY Vortech Battery Backup