Pod Your Reef

squirrel's 40g CAD 2.0 - Stuff n Junk

squirrelieygrrrl

I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread till now.

Great setup, and amazing pics!

Sad that it isn't doing well at the time. I'm sure it'll be back up in no time!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl
I can't believe I hadn't seen this thread till now.

Great setup, and amazing pics!

Sad that it isn't doing well at the time. I'm sure it'll be back up in no time!

Why thank you so much Ivan, thankfully I haven't lost anything it's just mega dirty. I should have it looking right as rain in no time.

SouthFlorida_Tron

Squirrel on kitty kat, awesome :ninja:

I mean..... Yay moving!!! N I'm sure the tank looks justttttt fine.

Feel free to browse my latest!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
squirrelieygrrrl

well folks, apparently my absence was indeed missed. (maybe...) The move was not kind to the cad, nor was the subsequent second move even more fatally so.

A lot has happened, I got engaged, started a new career, and bought a house. none of which is kind to a reef.

Nothing ever really thrived in the tank any way, I was never able to dial in the issue. A few days back I went to move the 40 gal cad into the new house we bought (which is fabulous by the way) and the sump cracked. Also the stand that came stock with the cad was a piece of garbage and didn't hold up at all. It was basically falling apart.

In a frenzy we moved all the coral (only about 30% survived all the miscellaneous catastrophes, red bugs, neglect, a huge sg snafu with red sea salt, and the rushed transportation to name a few) into my partners bc14 in her classroom as a temporary fix, and I rushed to order a new tank.

What I ended up with was an innovative marine nuvo mini 38, with a kessil a150 14k. I'll start a new thread for that one soon, hopefully fresh beginnings will spark an almost lost reefing desire to get it right. -_-

squirrelieygrrrl

thanks envy! good to be back!

the cad is garaged for now until I come up with more resources to get it back up and running the way it was intended which will be a lengthy process at best. lol

squirrelieygrrrl

yep!

although its not nearly as pretty in the IM 38, I had to settle on a rock wall thing due to dimension constraints.

• 2 years later...
squirrelieygrrrl

This tank will be resurrected soon! Better and more badassier! I think I've finally gotten my reef mojo back after my long hiatus. I'm tempted to continue my log on this old thread while updating the first post with all the new build plans. What do you all think?

This tank will be resurrected soon! Better and more badassier! I think I've finally gotten my reef mojo back after my long hiatus. I'm tempted to continue my log on this old thread while updating the first post with all the new build plans. What do you all think?

Sound like a good plan! Welcome back :).

Archived