Top Shelf Aquatics

WTF is this for? AC70 Media Basket!

inTank

thadscottmoore

Yes

Look back

Maybe soon

good, give me money

In the spirit of unbiased constructive critique, I would be glad to volunteer my services as a tester- and I can give you an unbiased feedback on the product. So, just go ahead and mail me one- and of course as a professional, I will not tell anyone!!! heck, I will even waive my traditional tester fee! :P

PS. In the event that this does not seem reasonable. Just pm me a pre-order cost. And, I will have my online accountant (aka paypal ;) ) address the issue of payment in full for one! :):D

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol

We need to tweak a few things then I will have a per unit cost. After that we can get them on the production schedule and will offer for pre-sale :)

uh oh

ordered shells for AC 110, 20 and 50 :ninja:

=) I have an AC50 on an edge, can't wait to see what you have in-store.

That looks amazing! I've been thinking about converting a HOB filter instead of doing a full-blown sump/fuge just to have some chaeto and hide a heater. Perfect timing!

Ok stevie now you need to make the overflow add on for all the popular ac models. Finally us pico diy'ers are getting some pew pew love. Cant wait to get mine!!!!

What does the overflow add on do?

Basically a box that would go around the intake tube of the ac filter and acts as a surface skimmer or overflow box.

Here are some photos of it testing which is done in salt water. I have filter floss in the top chamber to represent a mass of Chaeto. There is a 6.5oz bag of chemi pure elite on the bottom and a large sheet of floss in it's designed chamber.

I also came up with a solution for the heater if one chooses to use it in the basket. It will be an add on part called the heater holder but that is all I will tell you know :ninja:

IMG_1902-1.jpg

IMG_1903-1.jpg

IMG_1905.jpg

IMG_1906.jpg

The top holes on the output are never used but they will stay for a just in case moment. I will be eliminating holes where I can to reduce the cost since that is where most of it comes from. Also I want 1/8" walls where possible to reduce cost which mainly is in laser cut time and not material. The pew pew pew'ing takes time and we all know what that equals.

inTank would like to keep the cost on this units as low as possible just because of the comparative cost of the filter itself. We stive this on anything but this unit is shedding the light more than other products.

I honestly can't understand why Hagen hasn't done something like this themselves before now. your insert takes a barely usable stock filter and makes it a perfect addition to a nano tank.

steviet: real american hero.

thadscottmoore

eagerly awaiting! When you do release, I will be going with the 70 model...

Estimated time of release?

Uh oh

Shells for AC 110, 20 and 50 arrived today.

what a tease... good thinking on heater holder!! have money me need

also how much overspill is there from where the intake tube sits?

also how much overspill is there from where the intake tube sits?

So far just your standard amount that you had with the stock set up. I was worried about this but flow is flying through the basket. You can see the overflow pictured above.

Estimated time of release?

No idea not immediately but not very long either. I'm just teasing all of you with these pictures. This has been 2.5 years in the making so I am not going to rush it out without making it as close to perfect as we can.

nor_cal_nano

How much wider is the 70 than the 50? In other words, how much more space will I need between the tank and the wall. I've got a 50 and its touching...

Tell me.

thadscottmoore

No idea not immediately but not very long either. I'm just teasing all of you with these pictures. This has been 2.5 years in the making so I am not going to rush it out without making it as close to perfect as we can.

your killing me! :P So, in a couple weeks or couple months or couple more years?

Archived