Innovative Marine Aquariums

Ry's ADA 60-F

asstastic

got my reef cleaner 5.5 gallon crew in... wayy more sanils than i need but thats cool. also added 5 red mangroves to back corner

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it looks as if some one snotted all in my tank. there is clear algae that looks like snot spreading like mad. nitrates less than 5, no phosphates, no nitrites, no amonia, alk at 9, water looks cloudy, running chemipure elite and no change, WHATS GOING ON?

Are you saying you have:

-cyanobacteria

-dinoflagellates

-film algae

-diatom

-????????

I can't tell because you didn't say if it was on the rocks or the sand or glass. Is it light brown with bubbles? Is it deep red with bubbles? Is it light yellow with bubbles?

could be a diatom bloom. or a cyno bloom. or a dino bloom. Or a combo of all of the evil algae.

If you have zero nitrates/trites, zero phosphates, it could be a question of too many hours of light and too little flow?

WE NEED PICS!

its on everything. rocks glass heater mangroves baffles, everything the best way to bescribe it is as if someone sneezed everywhere. its a clear cloudy color and slimy

What test kits are you using? You may try a 3 day blackout and see where you're at. I've had API test kits give very false readings several times.

dont think blackout is the answer becase i had a lot growing in my sump and there is no light in my stand yet for fuge or anything. I did 5 gallon change and sucked out as much as i could

still few pieces but so far it looks a lot better, corals that werent open yesterday are now open and water is clearer, but light just came on so i will see how it looks when i get off work tonight and do another water change just to be OCD

well it all seems to be gone. i think what happened was is i added a shrimp and being lazy i just floated the bag then cut holes in it and dumped water from bag into tank and some kind of bacteria bloom too place? not sure. but after water changes everything is cleared up. i also added two clownfish almost inch long. and gf got new macro lens so pics soon!

• 2 weeks later...
teamschreiba
last pic is actual color

That color is really nice. Those clowns are tiny too, they make the tank look like it is 100 gallons :P Looking great though, have you give any thought to hanging some NPS corals on the underside of that arch in your scape?

Ryan I haven't seen these pics on hampton roads reef club site, well not the last few, looks great brother. Once I get back in town I would like to swing by and check it out, I have a similar tank. I live in Va Beach as well, shouldn't be too far, I will shoot you a message on hampton roads reef club, when Im back

Wow looks great Ry...scape is killer

Thanks your tank is still probably my favorite, ever since your goby lagoon i wanted an ada 60f

That color is really nice. Those clowns are tiny too, they make the tank look like it is 100 gallons :P Looking great though, have you give any thought to hanging some NPS corals on the underside of that arch in your scape?

Yeah that why i got them. the guy had some small as 3/8 an inch but i was scared they wouldnt make it being so small but i figured these guys would love it. yeah i plan on getting dendros to go underneath it.

Ryan I haven't seen these pics on hampton roads reef club site, well not the last few, looks great brother. Once I get back in town I would like to swing by and check it out, I have a similar tank. I live in Va Beach as well, shouldn't be too far, I will shoot you a message on hampton roads reef club, when Im back

im actually in great bridge chesapeake but still not a far drive. animal adventure is like 5 min away from my hosue.

Best aquascape ever.

Thanks i like yours too i looked at all kinds of scapes with arms when trying to coming up with it and remember seeing yours

Archived