Cultivated Reef

Steve Ts Media Rack Question

pschom

I took the media rack out to clean, along w everything else. While rinsing the bag od chemi pure I was kind of shocked to see so much brown smelly crap coming from the bag. Is this normal? There was a but of brown slimy crap on the purigen bag as well. As much as I rinse the chemipure there's no end to the brown water. Thoughts?? I feel like teres not enough flow through the rack. Am I overthinking this...

I took the media rack out to clean, along w everything else. While rinsing the bag od chemi pure I was kind of shocked to see so much brown smelly crap coming from the bag. Is this normal? There was a but of brown slimy crap on the purigen bag as well. As much as I rinse the chemipure there's no end to the brown water. Thoughts?? I feel like teres not enough flow through the rack. Am I overthinking this...

I believe the Chemipure is basically charcoal based so it stays like that. Just replace the bag with a new one every few months. The Purigen can be refreshed by soaking it in a bleach solution and reuse it.(just google it for the exact procedure).

not really a media basket question but here ya go:

The Chemi-Pure will always leak brown/black water, that is the good cancer curing part of the media that makes your water so clear. Replace every 3-4 months.

Purigen absorbs nasty crap in the water and since it is white will brown over time. Replace every 3-4 months. You can regenerate with bleach if you fell fit. I just replace.

You're hurting sales Ray, I have 14 friends in IL waiting to pounce I'll just tell them you are a non union city worker.

RayWhisperer

Bring it! I love bashing union heads.

Steve, got a guy here has a BC 14. I keep telling him to run a MJ 900. He doesn't think it'll fit. Does it? Also, your site has them listed as 20 watt. I think that's the 1200, not the 900. IIRC, the 900 runs at 8 or 8.5.

ANSWER ME, CHEEZY!

Yes MJ 900 fits in the BC14 that is why we have it listed under the BC14 section, trust the StevieT :happy: . The MJ1200 would as well since they have the same body size but it is over kill and puts out more wattage.

Correct, it is 8.5 watts on the 900 20 watts on the 1200, changed on my site. Stole it from the place I buy and they have it as a typo so I will let them know as well.

He probably could run that Hydor 1200 if it truly puts out 300 gph that pump still amazes me with it's size.

mjpowerhead.jpg

RayWhisperer

Nah, it doesn't put out as much as the MJ 900. I tried them side by each. No comparison.

I don't generally trust cheese billy's. Bad news, you people.... Bad news.

Archived