Pod Your Reef

Gritchie4's 5.5 gal. Pico

gritchie4

wow those are very nice zoas!! this tank is on its way to epicness. feed those sexies till they are full! if skirts start to disappear feed more.

Thank you. I can only hope the tank turns out half as good as the others on this site, including yours. I'll increase the feeding for the sexies. I'm doing two water changes a week right now. They are so cool to watch eat tho. They kick up there legs like karate masters to catch the food. I don't even think chuck norris could handle these guys lol.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my emerald crab could handle them. he boxes with his legs too. kicked my hermit clean out of his shell once (lol jk)

the tank looks good :)

my emerald crab could handle them. he boxes with his legs too. kicked my hermit clean out of his shell once (lol jk)

the tank looks good :)

Lol the sexies are fast and agile. Your emerald crab won't be able to handle that lol stick and move is the shrimp philosophy haha. Thanks for the compliment.

one wrong turn combined with an arrogant zoa-pestering attitude would have the sexies crushed :P

Actually I shouldn't be saying such things... I do plan on adding sexy shrimp to my pico eventually. i hope they will play nice with the emerald :P

one wrong turn combined with an arrogant zoa-pestering attitude would have the sexies crushed :P

Actually I shouldn't be saying such things... I do plan on adding sexy shrimp to my pico eventually. i hope they will play nice with the emerald :P

Lol my invert can beat up your invert :P but sexy shrimp are a cool addition as long as you can handle them eating some of your zoas.

i can handle plain asterinas eating my zoas, I suppose i can handle sexies eating them too lol. I better grow some more zoas though...

Nice pics! Those sexies look awesome.

Thanks. Surpisingly they are all from my phone. Who would of thought a phone would have a good camera on it lol.

i can handle plain asterinas eating my zoas, I suppose i can handle sexies eating them too lol. I better grow some more zoas though...

True but harlequins would take care of that problem lol. From what i saw in your pics you have plenty of zoas for the sexies to snack on lol.

Was it hard to aquascape in that tiny thing cause I know it was hard for my to scape inmy 10G...yes I got it set up...see for yourself...go to the Mini World in my sig :D

Was it hard to aquascape in that tiny thing cause I know it was hard for my to scape inmy 10G...yes I got it set up...see for yourself...go to the Mini World in my sig :D

Not really. I knew i wanted the arch in the middle and i kept that in mind when picking out the rocks. luckily all the pieces fit together perfect.

Drift Monkey
Thanks. Surpisingly they are all from my phone. Who would of thought a phone would have a good camera on it lol.

All of my pics are from my phone too. :huh:

All of my pics are from my phone too. :huh:

Yea and they are all good, clear pics. I try to use my girlfriends digital camera and all pics come out blurry. Im just shocked that camera phones can take better pics than normal digital cameras

Drift Monkey
Yea and they are all good, clear pics. I try to use my girlfriends digital camera and all pics come out blurry. Im just shocked that camera phones can take better pics than normal digital cameras

iPhone 4 ;)

So a little bit of an update. Went to the LFS store today after class because he got a new shipment of stuff in. He got a bunch of cool stuff and i picked up a nice yellow, blue, and green ricordea. I also snagged a nice paly and zoanthid frag. He also showed me a porcelain crab that i almost bought but decided not to. I will try to get some pictures later, hermit crabs and snails are ####### everything off at the moment eating the algae off the plugs.

Also i have a question. I cant stand the sight of the frag plugs anymore. Most of the frags are on rubble which is glued to the plugs. I want to get the rock off the plug and glue that to my rock but the razor blade cant cut through it. Should i get a scalpel and try that or what? I cant afford a dremel right now so thats out of the question. Or should i just try to chisel it off?

Edit: The ricordea was purchased as one polyp because we could only see one mouth, turns out there are two mouths :happydance: saved me 20 bucks lol.

yes if you can safely cut the rock off the plug you can the glue the rubble onto your rock to make it look more natural. but stuff like zoas will grow over the plug and will eventually make it invisible. more so if you bury it in sand halfway.

Yea there are 2 frags that love the spot on the sand they are in and they are on a piece of rock with no plug so im keeping them there. Maybe ill just glue the frag plug to the rock since it will eventually spread. Im in the process of taking pics so new ones will be up soon.

The start of my Ric garden.

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0534.jpg

And the damage from my sexy shrimp

Before:

IMAG0430.jpg

After:

IMAG0532.jpg

I couldnt get a pic of the other new frag because of the hermit crabs. Ill try and get it later.

Yea and thats the only frag they ate. They dont really pic on it much now since i increased feeding to 2 times a day. They are lucky they are cool otherwise they would be gone.

I Love the rics, probably my new favorite coral. The colors are awesome on them.

Archived