Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

John's 28g Deep Sea Adventure

john1014

I introduced a bunch of corals/fish in the past few days. I would probably consider it more than the recommended amount, but I am cheap and did not want to have to pay shipping multiple times, so I spent half my day yesterday acclimating 10 different frags/fish and now everything is in the tank. Things seem to be quite happy, except that the leather coral is pouting a bit and the frogspawn is retracted about halfway (probably due to high alk/ca+ levels in my water, which will be changed tomorrow). I also found a rock that was housing about 15 aiptasia, although none was present on the surrounding rocks. I boiled that sucker and now it is curing before it is re-introduced to the DT. Anyhow, as promised, here are the pics!

Params after 48 hours are:

sp gravity- 1.025

ammonia- 0

nitrite- 0

nitrate- 0

phosphate- 0

temp- 79-80

pH- 8.3

alkalinity- 13 (YIPE!)

calcium- 520 (YIPE!) <<<I will not be dosing kalk any more before consulting my test kit.

FTS, still pretty pitiful, but will look really great soon enough

dsc0026zi.jpg

Clown 1

dsc0017tb.jpg

Clown 2

dsc0018ur.jpg

Jason Fox Electric Brain

dsc0025vg.jpg

Ricordea

dsc0021yje.jpg

Violet-tipped Frogspawn

dsc0019rp.jpg

Green Hydnophora

dsc0027uu.jpg

Green/Red Finger Leather

dsc0024rg.jpg

Acan Lord

dsc0023mt.jpg

Hollywood Starlet Zoas

dsc0020xd.jpg

True Blue (purple if you ask me) Mushroom

dsc0028rp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had not checked in for a while and wow your tank is looking amazing!!!!

I went with the AquaC Remora HOB skimmer. It works as well as any skimmer I have ever had.

I look forward to seeing the tank with some SPS!!!!

• 3 months later...

I'm bumping an old thread, but how is the skimmer in the fuge working out? I got my skimmer today with the magnet pre removed, and am getting my medium fuge during the week. I saw how you set your skimmer in the fuge. That means that the amount of water filled is much less the whole 3.6g, right? Loose any sand in the skimmer?

• 8 months later...

Wow. It sure has been awhile. Now I can finally say that I've updated the thread and have the tank looking right! I will be posting pics of some of the new corals and fish soon, so keep an eye out!

Archived