SaltCritters.com

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

So far I haven't had any reactions to my "live" packages. Maybe they're used to it or something. I'm sure they deliver all kinds of crazy things. The other day I saw the UPS man rolling a new big truck tire down the sidewalk. It looked kind of ridiculous.

That's too funny. I ordered the 200 gallon mix box of Reef Crystals online and my UPS guy barely got it up the stairs to my door it was so heavy. He looked extremely unhappy about it.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
surgicalsense
That's too funny. I ordered the 200 gallon mix box of Reef Crystals online and my UPS guy barely got it up the stairs to my door it was so heavy. He looked extremely unhappy about it.

:lol: ... this is why I am so lazy to mix the salt. This just adds to it.

I want to get a few rics also with a toadstool. Dendra is also on my list of coral wants :)

I love toadstools. Clownfish love them too. I thought you bid on dendros on eBay? Too bad Vivid is so high priced on them....unless you feel like splurging :)

Well, they are supposed to be able to lift heavy objects like that. It's a good workout for him :lol: I only feel bad when it's the sometimes girl delivery person.

surgicalsense
I love toadstools. Clownfish love them too. I thought you bid on dendros on eBay? Too bad Vivid is so high priced on them....unless you feel like splurging :)

Well, they are supposed to be able to lift heavy objects like that. It's a good workout for him :lol: I only feel bad when it's the sometimes girl delivery person.

I lost the bid, the price just got to high for me. So I lost. I can not purchase anymore $$$ corals. I have to purchase my LED's and shut L up too :P But, if I can snag corals that I desire cheaply I will not pass up still.

This was an older guy who definitely looked like he was struggling. I was worried he'd have a heart attack or throw out his back. I felt pretty bad and offered to help but he wouldn't let me.

Keep watching here in the classifieds. I'm sure some will pop up eventually. Or even ask Scales n Tales if he can get a small one for you at a reasonable price.

I want to get a few rics also with a toadstool. Dendra is also on my list of coral wants :)

If my toadstool grew I would gladly frag you a piece but it hasnt grown big enough yet for me to need to frag it. It is like the centerpiece of my pico.

surgicalsense
Keep watching here in the classifieds. I'm sure some will pop up eventually. Or even ask Scales n Tales if he can get a small one for you at a reasonable price.

I do.. lurking sales, ebay, etc. :lol:

If my toadstool grew I would gladly frag you a piece but it hasnt grown big enough yet for me to need to frag it. It is like the centerpiece of my pico.

Why thank you darlin :happy: .... however, no worries ;)

nevermore1701
Do you live in northern Texas? That's the only place I've seen that fits that description :lol:

I already feel so much better knowing my water is at zero!!!!! I've used it already for my top off.

You may have to go post a picture of yourself on Joel's thread. That seems to be the place to show the world what you look like :lol:

Great guess, Amarillo. Can't stand it :angry:

Have you considered a couple of 5 gallon buckets for your water changes? That's what I use. I just put lines on the buckets for 1-4 gallons, always use 4 though.

Great guess, Amarillo. Can't stand it :angry:

Have you considered a couple of 5 gallon buckets for your water changes? That's what I use. I just put lines on the buckets for 1-4 gallons, always use 4 though.

I've been there!!!!!! Driving through to move out here to California. It wasn't too bad. We stayed the night there and a thunderstorm came through. Your description fit perfectly with what we saw when driving through the panhandle :lol:

Have you been there your whole life?

Duh....I never even considered my 5 gallon water jug. I won't need it anymore to get water at the station. I can use it to mix water. I'll get my sink back in the laundry room too. Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

Haha....felicia ordered salt too... and 5 gallon buckets are the stuff....however I got lazy and don't like to pick them up to pour anymore lol

nevermore1701
I've been there!!!!!! Driving through to move out here to California. It wasn't too bad. We stayed the night there and a thunderstorm came through. Your description fit perfectly with what we saw when driving through the panhandle :lol:

Have you been there your whole life?

Duh....I never even considered my 5 gallon water jug. I won't need it anymore to get water at the station. I can use it to mix water. I'll get my sink back in the laundry room too. Thanks for the suggestion!!!!!

I'm just full of good ideas :P

I've been up here for about five and a half years, moved up with my then-wife for her job, she left me for her boss, and I met someone else before I managed to escape back south -_-

We're planning on selling our house moving to the Dallas or Austin area in a year or two :D

Haha....felicia ordered salt too... and 5 gallon buckets are the stuff....however I got lazy and don't like to pick them up to pour anymore lol

Could be lazy like me. I have a little pump (was the stock return in my NC12, don't know exactly what it is) and some hose that I sometimes use to get the fresh water into the tank. B)

My brother lives in Austin and loves it there. He keeps trying to get us to move there. I've never been there nor Dallas. I've been to Amarillo and Galveston/Houston and spent one Christmas in Winnie, Tx. My dad and brothers took duck hunting trips down there when I was a kid. The boys would hunt and my mom and I would shop. Those are great memories :)

Thanks sweety!

Ok...I've come to the conclusion that my last reef cleaners order was a huge bust. I think most everything is now dead. I don't recommend the specialty items. I'm pretty sure my limpets are all dead, nass died right away, haven't seen the fuzzy chiton since it went in. I do still have a cowrie moving around so that's good. It was pretty much a bust though. Live, learn, reef ;) Brad...you working on that decal?

I installed the splash guard back on my hood. Let's hope the temperatures don't go wild. I have much less evaporative cooling now. Probably none at all. I recently dropped my tank temp to 81 instead of 82, on my controller. I doubt I'll see much of a change from that. But with the splash guard installed again, it may help.

Today is my first water change with distilled water. I'm looking forward to seeing the hair algae disappear :)

No clue. Just a bad batch I guess. My gobies attacked the limpets :o But I think they were sick to begin with. I guess things just didn't travel well. I won't be doing that order again, for sure.

Well if you see anymore baby nano stars I would like to buy one/two off you for my tank :D

I would just give them to you ;)

I haven't seen any since the day I took that picture! I hope they are just hiding.

Cute picture alert :D

pominhole.jpg

If only those zoas were open. He annoyed them so that's why they are closed.

That's a great shot -- it looks like those series of pictures where people identified "faces" in their environment. This looks so much like a googley-eye face!

surgicalsense
I would just give them to you ;)

I haven't seen any since the day I took that picture! I hope they are just hiding.

Noucturnal? ... right

That's a great shot -- it looks like those series of pictures where people identified "faces" in their environment. This looks so much like a googley-eye face!

:lol: I didn't even see that until you mentioned it. Cool!

I'm glad you bumped this picture. It got lost in the hair algae talk, I think :)

Noucturnal? ... right

Yep. Probably why I never see them. Though the baby was out during the day when I got that shot. I think I know where they hide, but it's not easy to get to that corner. We'll just have to let them grow and get big appetites. I can coax the parents out with food pretty easily.

nevermore1701
Thanks sweety!

Ok...I've come to the conclusion that my last reef cleaners order was a huge bust. I think most everything is now dead. I don't recommend the specialty items. I'm pretty sure my limpets are all dead, nass died right away, haven't seen the fuzzy chiton since it went in. I do still have a cowrie moving around so that's good. It was pretty much a bust though. Live, learn, reef ;) Brad...you working on that decal?

I installed the splash guard back on my hood. Let's hope the temperatures don't go wild. I have much less evaporative cooling now. Probably none at all. I recently dropped my tank temp to 81 instead of 82, on my controller. I doubt I'll see much of a change from that. But with the splash guard installed again, it may help.

Today is my first water change with distilled water. I'm looking forward to seeing the hair algae disappear :)

That's discouraging, especially as my Reefcleaners order (containing everything you listed, plus a few more) will be here tomorrow :o

Archived