Cultivated Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love your mini dump, Ian!!!!! That's a LOT of SPS!!!!! You had a nice collection of gobies too. Is the red one the Catalina goby? Or???? What's the yellow fish? Basslet?

Still lookin' good! B)

Thank you :)

did you guys upgrade your lighting?

I upgraded to the panorama pros. So far so good with them.

Great looking tank Gena! I've never had luck with coraline. Always had a small amount but nothing crazy. My current NC has maybe 2% coraline and it's from the frags I add from other's tanks lol. I just want it on my rocks!

Thanks, Chino!!!! I know some people hate the coralline growth, but I LOVE it. Must be all that pink :rolleyes: It's going to get worse before it gets better. I'll scrape it so I can still see through the front and the right side.

You'll love that digi! I think it will grow fast for you and have pink tips!

Ohhhhh....that sounds nice!!!!!!

I love your mini dump, Ian!!!!! That's a LOT of SPS!!!!! You had a nice collection of gobies too. Is the red one the Catalina goby? Or???? What's the yellow fish? Basslet?

Aww, thanks Gena. :blush:

The red one was a Trimna (rubromaculatus). And the yellow was my awesome Assessor (remember?). He was terrible at being photographed but was seriously one of my favorite fish ever. :wub:

Aww, thanks Gena. :blush:

The red one was a Trimna (rubromaculatus). And the yellow was my awesome Assessor (remember?). He was terrible at being photographed but was seriously one of my favorite fish ever. :wub:

My second guess was Trimma. I think the Catalinas are smaller, just off the top of my head. Oh yes, I remember now. The really expensive fish ;) They are gorgeous!!!!!

My second guess was Trimma. I think the Catalinas are smaller, just off the top of my head. Oh yes, I remember now. The really expensive fish ;) They are gorgeous!!!!!

Not EVEN as expensive as that Pink Lemonade. :lol:

Not EVEN as expensive as that Pink Lemonade. :lol:

Oh. I thought that fish was in the $100 range. I must be thinking of something else! My pink lemonade was worth EVERY penny :happy: Someday, when it grows huge, and I'm ready to frag it....I'll send you a piece for free. :happy:

Tank looks great! What are your current plans for it? Just let everything grow out a bit?

Thanks, Jaime!!!!! Yeah...I'm just letting it do it's thing. I'm not buying anything for it. If anything new goes in it, it will be because I got it for free. Or moved it over from the 28g tank. It's a fun little tank. I like having it right by my computer. The macros and all the corals are doing really well under the LEDs.

• 2 weeks later...
What happened to your rics :o ?!!! I'm thinking of setting up a rics dominated pico after the move...

I still have some of them. They are in my 28g tank. I lost a few when I transferred them to my 10g macro tank. The lighting was too low, I think. Or the sexy shrimp feasted on them. I'm pretty sure it was the low lighting.

You have to do the ric dominated pico after the move!!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...

Is this still going? :) /wave

Holey crapoly...I walked away for a bit and came back to seeing this on the homepage omgomgomg Blast from the past LOL. Nope...it's been dismantled. About two or three weeks ago, the new owner of this NC12 contacted me about the tank, on my 28g tank thread!!!!!
  • 1 year later...

NANO-CUBE 12DX

4/8/12

fts4-8-12.jpg

Gina! I found your old tank thread! What are the polyps growing up the left side of the rock? Those are cool! Also, what kind of toadstool leather is that in the front??? I love the colors!!!

Archived