Top Shelf Aquatics

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Haha

It was kind of pink. More pf an orange pink though it may have just been a little stressed out. There was a bigger wrasse in the tank maybe it was making it nervous

I'm sure when they aren't stressed, they are more vibrantly colored. The picture rehype showed on his thread was amazing.

Thanks for the link Gena! Looks like we've started a fishy trend :D

You're welcome! I hope they can ship to you....and I hope we didn't just make this a really difficult fish for us to find :lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really impressed with this little oceanic suction cup hydrometer that I picked up last summer for my NC12. I bought it to help my husband out with topping off the tank while I was back in Indiana.

I could never get it to work right because of the high flow in my tank. The arm was constantly swinging back and forth so I couldn't get a reading.

I put it in my frag tank with low flow and it totally WORKS!!!! I compared the reading to my refractometer and it's spot on. Anyways....I just wanted to plug how awesome this little gadget is. It just needs low flow to work.

hydrometer-1.jpg

Very cool! I'll have to find one for my mixing bucket!

As long as the flow is low on it, it will work great. You can move the suction cup from front to back so it would be readable on something like a bucket.

As long as the flow is low on it, it will work great. You can move the suction cup from front to back so it would be readable on something like a bucket.

I was thinking I could just unplug the powerhead, get a reading, add salt/RO as needed and then plug the powerhead back in! It would be so much simpler than taking my refractometer to the basement every time I mix water or want to do a change!

surgicalsense
I was thinking I could just unplug the powerhead, get a reading, add salt/RO as needed and then plug the powerhead back in! It would be so much simpler than taking my refractometer to the basement every time I mix water or want to do a change!

Is that because your RO/DI filter thing is in your basement? I still have to figure out what I am going to about that part :unsure:

Is that because your RO/DI filter thing is in your basement? I still have to figure out what I am going to about that part :unsure:

Yep! We have twin tubs in our laundry room which is where I hooked up the SpectraPure. I have my SW and RODI water stored in the laundry room too. Plus my pod culture.

your tank is looking amazing! I wish my 14 looked half as good as your tank does. You have so much awesome stuff crammed in there.

your tank is looking amazing! I wish my 14 looked half as good as your tank does. You have so much awesome stuff crammed in there.

Thanks, jg!!!! I have managed to cram a lot in there. Now that I have my frag tank I can start thinning things out in the nanocube!

Hey Gena, I ordered some more stuff from Morgan and she sent me a pic of her. she also posted one here on NR.

I know!!!! I posted on your thread :happy:

surgicalsense
For some reason, ever since Gena went to the beach, I've been missing all my old stomping grounds.

... and where would that be? If the weather is fair this weekend, looks like we are heading to beach. Either Leo Carillo or Zuma 6/10, not sure if I feel like boogie boarding though -_-

... and where would that be? If the weather is fair this weekend, looks like we are heading to beach. Either Leo Carillo or Zuma 6/10, not sure if I feel like boogie boarding though -_-

I considered the whole So Cal coast my stomping grounds, lol, grew up in Van Nuys, and went to CSUN and later to Mount St. Marys for nursing school. I was the only guy in an all girls catholic school. (best two years of my life).

Archived