inTank Media Baskets

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My new panorama pro light strip came in today...woohoo. Now I have 2X 12K White/445nm Blue and 1x 445nm blue/magenta.

The tank is noticeably brighter and the corals are reacting positively to the change. They look fantastic!!!!!! Of course, the photo doesn't capture it great but hopefully you can see the difference. I love the extra PINK :wub:

FTS 4-3-12 (with added pro installed)

ftsnewlights4-3-12.jpg

These next two were taken earlier today before the light upgrade.

Pink Xenia from Danielle:

xeniaclose.jpg

Ricordeas top down :)

topdown4-3-12.jpg

That's the same light combo I have! I wanna add a blue one but I don't want to have to buy a new power supply :(

Looks great though! Where do you have the blue/magenta one? I have mine in the front and it looks really good.

Your tank is pure inspiration! :)

I am considering those same lights for a future build, and i was wondering if you have a dimmer for'm?

Thanks! Again tank looks awesome!

One more picture :)

I just took this top down with new lights installed. Maybe you can see a difference???? I'm in LOVE with the added light!!!!!

topdownnumbertwo.jpg

Woah!! Looks great gena :)

Thanks, Jordan :)

That's the same light combo I have! I wanna add a blue one but I don't want to have to buy a new power supply :(

Looks great though! Where do you have the blue/magenta one? I have mine in the front and it looks really good.

Thanks!!!! I wasn't sure the best place to put it so I just stuck it in between the ones I had. Seems to have been a good choice. It's an even distribution of the lighting.

Your tank is pure inspiration! :)

I am considering those same lights for a future build, and i was wondering if you have a dimmer for'm?

Thanks! Again tank looks awesome!

Awe...thanks :) I dont have a dimmer. I probably should get one though.

You deserve it!

I was just wondering because i downloaded this pdf sizing guide for the ecoxotic lights and it suggested 1 module and a strip from 10g to 15g, supporting clams. So when i saw your tank i thought you might have a dimmer.

to do list: delete pdf. lol

Looks so happy and pink. :happy:

Thanks, Randi :happy:

You deserve it!

I was just wondering because i downloaded this pdf sizing guide for the ecoxotic lights and it suggested 1 module and a strip from 10g to 15g, supporting clams. So when i saw your tank i thought you might have a dimmer.

to do list: delete pdf. lol

:happy:

For a clam or sps I definitely would say at least 2 pros. Now that I see how it looks with 3, I highly recommend 3. The light combination I have is pretty sweet :)

Wow I can definitely tell the difference! I bet it looks even better in person ;)

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I like the toadstool! It looks so fluffy, and reminds me of something a fairy would sit on.

Keep up the good work! The GHA also looks like it is receding!

Wow I can definitely tell the difference! I bet it looks even better in person ;)

I don't think I've mentioned this before, but I like the toadstool! It looks so fluffy, and reminds me of something a fairy would sit on.

Keep up the good work! The GHA also looks like it is receding!

Thanks, Paige!!!!! I think it looks way better in person :) That neon toadstool is one of my favorite things. When I got it (free) it was just a tiny little thing.

Looks great! How's the battle with algae going?

p.s. FRAG THE KENYA. ITS A MONSTER!

The battle goes on :lol: I just did a peroxide dip on the pink birdsnest rock which helped a LOT. The algae on the other rocks seems to be receding as well. It's definitely not getting worse!!!!!

p.s. but I LIKE the monster :lol: I actually trim it with scissors when it starts touching things it shouldn't. The one in front gets trimmed all the time. I just stick my scissors in the tank and give it a nice haircut every now and then :lol:

Does your birdsnest get algae too? I have a bit of hair algae growing on mine. I need to put some peroxide on it during the next water change (they get exposed).

Hey Gena! I just got caught up on your thread and your tank is looking awesome as usual :)

I love how the pinks pop under the new light strip you added. I also noticed you're talking about shipping things...I definitely want to be on the list for some of your beautiful ricordea when they start multiplying :D I'll trade you a frag of my lavender lace duncan since its growing new heads like crazy. It should be ready for fragging in a few months and the first frag has your name on it. :D

Accidently fragged my Pink birdsnest during the peroxide episode. Not a huge piece but I stuck it on a frag plug and will sell it someday :) I also bought the magnetic frag rack over the weekend. Hopefully it will be here this week.

Also......I purchased another panorama pro. I got the

Panorama Pro LED Module 24V- 19 Watt 445nm/Magenta. I'll place it in between the two I have currently. After seeing the red/pink in Danielle's tank on Friday, I decided I needed it as well :happy:

So a few things going on in here :)

Hmm -- pink bird's nest? My guess is CA to FL is a long way to ship, and you have so many local frag swaps! But, if you find no takers... :D.

Some day I will invest in better lights. Right now, I just feel the need to let everything hang out and grow for a while. Figure out the invert situation. Get the coral to grow more :).

Holy moley! I didn't think your tank could look any better!!! Glad you are happy with it.

I think I see a spot for a little piece of shortcake. :)

Does your birdsnest get algae too? I have a bit of hair algae growing on mine. I need to put some peroxide on it during the next water change (they get exposed).

The actual birdsnest never gets algae on it...just the rock it sits on. Can you dose the actual coral in peroxide???? I've never tried it on hard corals. My palys and zoas do fine with the dip though.

Hey Gena! I just got caught up on your thread and your tank is looking awesome as usual :)

I love how the pinks pop under the new light strip you added. I also noticed you're talking about shipping things...I definitely want to be on the list for some of your beautiful ricordea when they start multiplying :D I'll trade you a frag of my lavender lace duncan since its growing new heads like crazy. It should be ready for fragging in a few months and the first frag has your name on it. :D

Thanks, Felicia!!!! It's so nice to see you back around here again!!!! You know I'm 100% in for that trade!!!!!

Hmm -- pink bird's nest? My guess is CA to FL is a long way to ship, and you have so many local frag swaps! But, if you find no takers... :D.

Some day I will invest in better lights. Right now, I just feel the need to let everything hang out and grow for a while. Figure out the invert situation. Get the coral to grow more :).

I'm hoping to be able to make lots of frags of that birdsnest eventually. Maybe by then you'll have the new lights ready for it.

Holy moley! I didn't think your tank could look any better!!! Glad you are happy with it.

I think I see a spot for a little piece of shortcake. :)

:)

Can't wait to have a shortcake!!!!!

I love the new lights! Can you post a pic of your light set up? I'm going to try to invest in LED's in May. :)

Thanks, banshee!!!! I had a VERY busy day today. I'm too exhausted to get a picture now. I promise to have one for you tomorrow.

Glad to hear the situation is improving! Question: Do you find the peroxide detrimental to corals in the tank?

So far I haven't seen any adverse reactions to the peroxide...besides the obvious die-off of the algae!!!!! I've gotten the peroxide (100%) on my palys and zoas with no problems. I have not done a whole system dosing though. It's been strictly out of the tank.

Your tank makes me do bad things! :lol: I bit the bullet and ordered the RGB Panorama Pro LED Module with all the necessary accessories. I'm going to have to wait to get stunner strips or anything else because that was my whole budget for the month! :o

I forgot to mention yesterday, this month's Coral Magazine has an article on the importance of "blue" light but they also mention the red sprectrum as well. Similar to what Brad mentioned in his thread to you.

That was one of the reasons I ended up with the Radion.

surgicalsense

Morning ... I have always loved those tank shots of yours looking down into the tank :D ... everything is looking fabulous and happy.

Your tank looks beautiful, Ms. Gena! I like the new lights, there's a noticeable difference. :)

Thanks, Julie :happy: I'm anxious to see what your reef is looking like now!!!!!

The lighting is definitely a great addition! Your corals stand out more! I love it!

Thanks, Mike!!!!! You haven't been around lately...glad you are now :happy:

Your tank makes me do bad things! :lol: I bit the bullet and ordered the RGB Panorama Pro LED Module with all the necessary accessories. I'm going to have to wait to get stunner strips or anything else because that was my whole budget for the month! :o

Awesome!!!!! You'll love the RGB. Surgicalsense (Danielle) has one. I got to see it in action last Friday. It is SOOOO cool!!!!!

I forgot to mention yesterday, this month's Coral Magazine has an article on the importance of "blue" light but they also mention the red sprectrum as well. Similar to what Brad mentioned in his thread to you.

That was one of the reasons I ended up with the Radion.

Thanks!!!! I'll check it out. I'm behind on all my magazines for the last couple of months :lol:

Morning ... I have always loved those tank shots of yours looking down into the tank :D ... everything is looking fabulous and happy.

Thank you :) I'm so glad I saw your tank on Friday to inspire me to purchase the extra pro!!!!!!

_______

Alrighty....here's the picture I promised for Banshee. This is lights out about 10 minutes before they were scheduled to flip on :)

I know it's hard to make out how they were installed with the splash guard on there. Hopefully it will give you some idea. I'm mechanically challenged and I was able to install the third pro on my own. Well, mostly on my own. My husband gave me ideas (on the phone from work) on how to get it in there. When he got home he criticized my wires running across the front (just a little). We'll eventually do something with those.

hood-1.jpg

Archived