Cultivated Reef

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

Glad you like the pink and gold's! They are so you! I hope they grow fast for you.

BTW, thank you for the refferal to Morgan, love my rics and I'm gonna get alot more from her.

Me too!!! I just crop dusted them this morning....the kick-off to making them grow :) You are welcome. I'm glad you like Morgan's stuff too :happy:

Those poms poms are precious! I love the one in front of the blue cloves (is that what those are?) Such terrific colors! They almost inspire me to put a crab back into my tank, though right now, I'm going to leave be for a while -- just let the tank hang out for a while and watch the coral grow...ever soooo sllloooowwwllly.

Those are blue cloves. I think pom poms are the perfect crab. They are very peaceful. If you're lucky enough to have them with little anemones..it's even better. I've read they treat them pretty roughly, so in the wild they replace them with new ones after a while. I don't feel so bad that mine don't have the anemones. If they really needed something, they have other things to choose from. They seem to be pretty content as is.

Everything continues to look amazing :)

Thank you :happy:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen ric deals for 10 for $100... now there's 15 for $130. This is the company I got my two from and my reef cleaner pack.

The problem with those deals are you pay for quantity, not quality. My orange Yuma colony is pretty but I guarantee it's no where close to an orange Yuma Morgan would sell as she hand picks her stock. I haven't ordered from her yet but gena's tank is practically sponsored by her. :lol:

I've seen ric deals for 10 for $100... now there's 15 for $130. This is the company I got my two from and my reef cleaner pack.
The problem with those deals are you pay for quantity, not quality. My orange Yuma colony is pretty but I guarantee it's no where close to an orange Yuma Morgan would sell as she hand picks her stock. I haven't ordered from her yet but gena's tank is practically sponsored by her. :lol:

I've done the 10 for $100 deal. Coral Morphologic has nice rics...I just like Morgan's better :) She's my favorite :happy:

Thank you darlin for the blasto :happy:

You're welcome. It was great to see your gorgeous tank again. I love it soooo much. Remind L to take those pictures ;) BTW, A. thinks L. is awesome :)

Gena I barely got your drawing! hahaha we don't do homecoming up here with bonfires :P

:lol: How'd you figure it out???? Online search? First thing that came to mind when I saw bonfire was Homecoming :) I'm glad you got it...I think that one was 3 coins :happy:

Morgan knows you by name! I picked up a nice Orange ric from her today.

Hope all is well.

That's so cool :happy:

I'm so envious of you...getting to go to the frag swap with her stuff there!!!!!! Have you posted pics yet???? I haven't gone through everything yet. I hope so :)

I'm good...despite the fact that I didn't win the lottery :lol: I bought one ticket....and didn't even get one number right :lol:

That's so cool :happy:

I'm so envious of you...getting to go to the frag swap with her stuff there!!!!!! Have you posted pics yet???? I haven't gone through everything yet. I hope so :)

I'm good...despite the fact that I didn't win the lottery :lol: I bought one ticket....and didn't even get one number right :lol:

I did! On facebook and here. Check them out! Got some nice rics very pleased. Oh and some AMAZING zoas. I got her last Orange Ric, the rest were all the peach color.

surgicalsense

Happy Sunday. I will move some minor things in the tank today and L will get the pic up. Also the blasto appears happy, it ws fully extended yesterday. The glue and green look excellent under the blue LED, glows completely.

:)

:lol: How'd you figure it out???? Online search? First thing that came to mind when I saw bonfire was Homecoming :) I'm glad you got it...I think that one was 3 coins :happy:

I think I just guessed from the letters that were there :P

I did! On facebook and here. Check them out! Got some nice rics very pleased. Oh and some AMAZING zoas. I got her last Orange Ric, the rest were all the peach color.

She had a bunch of peach???? I love my peach from her!!!!!

Happy Sunday. I will move some minor things in the tank today and L will get the pic up. Also the blasto appears happy, it ws fully extended yesterday. The glue and green look excellent under the blue LED, glows completely.

:)

Happy Monday :happy: Good news on the blasto! It's super easy to keep. I really didn't do much with it. I hope you can get it to grow!!!!! Feed it a lot.

I think I just guessed from the letters that were there :P

excellent :)

Your tank is getting quite full...with awesomesause!

It's definitely filling in :lol:

I decided to get a little medieval on my tank yesterday. I pulled the rock with the pink birdsnest and did a heavy peroxide dose on it. That algae is dying off now. That rock seemed to be the most heavily infested. I pruned a lot on the other rocks. I noticed over the last few days the algae was not growing as much. Maybe I'm starting to get the upperhand??????

I ended up taking both of my nudis to my LFS. My gobies were picking on them pretty heavily!!!!!!!! I couldn't stand seeing that. Plus knowing that eventually they would kill them and they would decompose in the tank adding fuel to the fire (algae). I figured getting them out now would be the best course of action. I don't think they were really doing much with the algae anyways.

Accidently fragged my Pink birdsnest during the peroxide episode. Not a huge piece but I stuck it on a frag plug and will sell it someday :) I also bought the magnetic frag rack over the weekend. Hopefully it will be here this week.

Also......I purchased another panorama pro. I got the

Panorama Pro LED Module 24V- 19 Watt 445nm/Magenta. I'll place it in between the two I have currently. After seeing the red/pink in Danielle's tank on Friday, I decided I needed it as well :happy:

So a few things going on in here :)

Wow, lots of work on the tank this weekend!! All for the better. Congrats on the additional lighting! Now you definately gotta get a strawberry shortcake!!!!!

surgicalsense

Happy Monday :) ... moved your blasto to the front of the tank on the sandbed and feed it mysis. It nom-nom that right up :lol: See if I can get that blasto to grow/divide.

Woooord red leads ftw!

I know!!!!!!! I hope it makes the dragon's breath really take off!!!!

Wow, lots of work on the tank this weekend!! All for the better. Congrats on the additional lighting! Now you definately gotta get a strawberry shortcake!!!!!

I did work on it a lot yesterday!!!!! As soon as I get my frag rack I'll get my SS :)

Happy Monday :) ... moved your blasto to the front of the tank on the sandbed and feed it mysis. It nom-nom that right up :lol: See if I can get that blasto to grow/divide.

Yes...it LOVES to eat :) You'll know when it's full too! It just stops eating :lol: I hope it divides for you!!!!

Hopefully! If not, I'll personally come up there and snap some off.

:lol:

I do want to try my hand at shipping sometime!!!!! I just need to get the supplies.

I can supply you with my address...

:P

:lol:

I'm on the hunt for supplies at a decent price ;)

Ohhh I'm interested to see how the red LEDs look! Hope you can kick that algae's butt too! :)

Thanks, Paige!!!! I hope I can kick it once and for all too :)

Lights may be here today omgomgomg Or tomorrow :)

New lights are so exciting! :D

My orange rics haven't fully inflated since Saturday..... all the others are doing well and the Zoas as well...... :huh:

I am giving it another 2 days. -_-

Yeah she had 4 frags of the peach Rics, and the one single Orange Ric. I love the peach as well, but I have them and wanted a different color! ;)

Archived