Innovative Marine Aquariums

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

surgicalsense
Well. That's when the trip is I just figured I'd let you know that days. If you guys can't its cool.

... working Monday - Friday :mellow: ... we will figure this out.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you must have the most fertile tank on NR!

Great pics of Mr.and Mrs Pom Pom!

haha yes.

OMG those photos are amazing.

I assume the lettuce nudi only eats certain kinds of algae? Do you have insight?

surgicalsense

Agreed! Looking good darlin.

I also did a photo dump real crappy photos also. I took them :D so that was to be expected. Kapish.

I love the pom pom shots! I will be adding another pom pom or two when I get a chance! I am so jealous of yours with her egg sack!

Awe...thanks you guys :happy:

I have to say I'm seeing an improvement in my picture taking skills. I don't know what exactly is the reasoning behind it though :lol:

I assume the lettuce nudi only eats certain kinds of algae? Do you have insight?

It's my understanding that they only eat bryopsis. Though I've read they also eat hair algae. Mine appears to be eating the algae in my tank, so woohoo :)

I love the pom pom shots! I will be adding another pom pom or two when I get a chance! I am so jealous of yours with her egg sack!

She has that egg sack probably twice a month. The fish and shrimp go mad for the babies. It's always at night too. I usually notice it around 9pm. That seems to be about the time my shrimp spawn as well. I love free food :)

I think she has a little group come over once a week. (Hydrophobic snorklers)

LMAO

It really is awesome girl. I had a Lettuce Nudi that ate GHA as well. I love them.

Can we nominate you for TOTM yet?

LMAO

It really is awesome girl. I had a Lettuce Nudi that ate GHA as well. I love them.

Can we nominate you for TOTM yet?

I've heard both...they only eat bryopsis or they eat both bryopsis and GHA. Either way, I think mine is covered in the food department :lol:

I am really starting to like mine as well. They are so different. Really cool looking too. They seem so delicate though...still worries me.

Nice!

Thank you :)

I just clicked on your BC14 link. Do you still have that one running????? It's gorgeous!!!!!!! So's the 75!!!!

Mark was so right about the pink and gold palys from reef gardener being perfect for my tank!!!!!!!! I love them so much!!!! They have a lot of growing to do though before they can make it into my sig. picture :lol:

Here's a picture of them and my new peach ricordea from Morgan as well. I'm also in the middle of accimating another lettuce nudi. I picked him up from my LFS today. I know some of you guys like acclimation pics too :)

pinkgoldpeach.jpg

nudiacclimating.jpg

I NEED that peach ricordea! You have got to find me one of those! :lol:

And while we're on that subject: Ric carpet pics please! ;)

I NEED that peach ricordea! You have got to find me one of those! :lol:

And while we're on that subject: Ric carpet pics please! ;)

Tell Randi to look for one this weekend!!!!!! Morgan will be at the frag swap ;)

See how my ricordeas are not so much confined to the left side of the tank now???? They are encroaching on my open brain coral :lol:

I'm going to give Danielle my green blasto, and move some rics to where the blasto is now. I'm running out of space quickly!!!!!! I think there's plenty of light on that right side now that I removed the devil's hand leather.

I bet Morgan will have a ton of rics at the frag swap!!!!! I have so many now. Besides the ones I order, she always gives me extras. There are some sitting on top of others...this is why I need to remove some things to make room for all of my rics :)

My magicians are sitting on top of my brain coral too. Luckily neither is bothered by the other!!!!!!

Oh...a chalice garden sounds great!!!!!

Glad you like the pink and gold's! They are so you! I hope they grow fast for you.

BTW, thank you for the refferal to Morgan, love my rics and I'm gonna get alot more from her.

It's such a rare treat to see both of my pompom crabs out together. Usually I only get separate glimpses of them when I feed. What a surprise it was this morning to see them together. I ran for my camera and luckily they had stayed put for me. The male is smaller than the female and she, once again, has her egg sack. My fish will be quite happy to eat that spawn up this week :happy:

Those poms poms are precious! I love the one in front of the blue cloves (is that what those are?) Such terrific colors! They almost inspire me to put a crab back into my tank, though right now, I'm going to leave be for a while -- just let the tank hang out for a while and watch the coral grow...ever soooo sllloooowwwllly.

Archived