FlCandy

FlCandy

Tag Your It

• Members
  • 8,748 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2011
  • Arden, NC

I know :) You've been the expert on water chemistry lately too :happy:

HAHA Yeah sure! Just on the big 3 now! Makes me feel smart!

gena

gena

"We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle."

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

I'm following your lead! I've been doing WC's 2-3 times per week and dozing calcium for my brain. Instant Ocean only gives me 360-380 calcium for some reason but everything else is right on so I can live with only one type of dosing. I wonder how fast I can get growth considering I have the stock compact fluorescent lighting? I want to upgrade eventually but I also want to make sure I'm not going to crash the tank first!

A lot of people have success with Instant Ocean. I think it mainly depends on what type of coral you are keeping. Before I had my LEDs I had a lot of softy and LPS growth, with the stock lighting.

HAHA Yeah sure! Just on the big 3 now! Makes me feel smart!

:)

So, I decided to tackle my lights this morning. I've been meaning to switch one panorama around so that the color is more even throughout the tank. I had a lot of white light on the left side of the tank and a lot of blue on the right. Now the color is even. I'll be curious to see what affect this has on the algae. Notice, most of my algae growth is on the left side...the side that had mostly white light. My husband said this morning..."does this mean now you'll have algae growing on both sides?" :lol:......I hope not :huh:

FlCandy

FlCandy

Tag Your It

• Members
  • 8,748 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2011
  • Arden, NC

So, I decided to tackle my lights this morning. I've been meaning to switch one panorama around so that the color is more even throughout the tank. I had a lot of white light on the left side of the tank and a lot of blue on the right. Now the color is even. I'll be curious to see what affect this has on the algae. Notice, most of my algae growth is on the left side...the side that had mostly white light. My husband said this morning..."does this mean now you'll have algae growing on both sides?" :lol:......I hope not :huh:

HA good powers of deduction! Naw it will probably help get rid of it as you'll be evening the light out.

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

HA good powers of deduction! Naw it will probably help get rid of it as you'll be evening the light out.

I hope so fingerscrossed

ScubaEthan

ScubaEthan

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,079 posts
  • Joined 28 Sep 2011
  • Fayetteville, GA
What is your Drawing? Username and some dots...?
Posted Image

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Premium Members
  • 4,827 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM
Happy Monday!

NC24

I managed to make it through life with out getting the clap, crabs, herpes or AIDS.......But now I have a serios case of Cyano - Spirofucci, May 30, 2013

When he knocked on the door and asked you to sign his pad did he have one leg up on top of your bucket of salt as if he had a little captain in him - Deckoz2302, Jan 17, 2012

~ I am the Lazy Reefer

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

What is your Drawing? Username and some dots...?

Password ;)

Happy Monday!

Happy Monday to you :)

You had a busy weekend!

banshee

banshee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 2,082 posts
  • Joined 15 Feb 2012
  • Pittsburgh, PA
I only have softies and the brain. That sounds like a bad cartoon! :lol: I'm thinking I want to focus on a wide variety of rics and mushies on the left with the frogspawn I just ordered somewhere on the open right side. I'm hoping my xenia will take off and spread around the back right corner. I want to get some button and cup corals for the middle of my rock. I also want a couple more mini minis. :happy:

Speaking of corals I've been trying to figure out what the orangish colored ones you have that look kind of like the mushrooms I see growing in the woods are. They have a stock with a flatish/inverted cap. I love them!

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal
Do you mean the ones on the left hand side? If so, those are just generic palys. They have that long stalk because they are reaching for light and trying to get above the algae that's growing around them. I like them too :)

Your plan sounds excellent, btw!!!!!

ScubaEthan

ScubaEthan

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,079 posts
  • Joined 28 Sep 2011
  • Fayetteville, GA
[quote name='gena' date='Mar 26 2012, 10:23 AM' post='3801156']
Password ;)

OOOOHHHHHH :slap:

I can't play it now though cause I forgot my phone at home this morning :angry:
I blame it on taking ambien for the first time.
Posted Image

Spirofucci

Spirofucci

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,700 posts
  • Joined 24 May 2011
  • Harlingen, Texas
How are the nudi's and the algae doing? Or did I miss that update??? Oh, and happy Monday also.

Posted Image

Deckoz2302

Deckoz2302

Stony Reefer

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  • Joined 29 Aug 2011
  • Raleigh, North Carolina
I'll be in Cali may14th-17th

OceanariumProject_zpsdcf024fc.jpg

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

OOOOHHHHHH :slap:

I can't play it now though cause I forgot my phone at home this morning :angry:
I blame it on taking ambien for the first time.

Never taken it, but I would imagine it could do weird stuff to you. Hope your sleep pattern improves for you!

How are the nudi's and the algae doing? Or did I miss that update??? Oh, and happy Monday also.

Thanks, Mark :) Happy Monday to you too :)

I'm pretty sure I only have the big nudi left. I haven't seen the small one since it went in the tank. No sign of a body either so ????? I'm assuming it died. The big one is doing great though. He cruises all over. I did find him in my surface skimmer one day...had to rescue him from that :lol: He seems to be eating the algae but I'm not sure. In areas I've seen him, the algae has gone away. Maybe coincidence..hopefully not!!!!! No drastic change in algae at this point.

I'll be in Cali may14th-17th

So May instead of April? Those are weekdays too...bummer. Not a Saturday or Sunday possible?????

surgicalsense

surgicalsense

... cookie?!

• Premium Members
  • 4,827 posts
  • Joined 04 Sep 2011
  • Albuquerque, NM

So May instead of April? Those are weekdays too...bummer. Not a Saturday or Sunday possible?????

Oh I missed that part when he told me :huh: He (Brad) better be able to do the weekend.

NC24

I managed to make it through life with out getting the clap, crabs, herpes or AIDS.......But now I have a serios case of Cyano - Spirofucci, May 30, 2013

When he knocked on the door and asked you to sign his pad did he have one leg up on top of your bucket of salt as if he had a little captain in him - Deckoz2302, Jan 17, 2012

~ I am the Lazy Reefer

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

Oh I missed that part when he told me :huh: He (Brad) better be able to do the weekend.

I hope so too! My son's still in school then. Unless we meet them in the evening...go to dinner after Vivid.

nevermore1701

nevermore1701

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 861 posts
  • Joined 07 May 2011
  • Amarillo, TX

Password ;)

Draw something? I got password today :lol:

Deckoz2302

Deckoz2302

Stony Reefer

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  • Joined 29 Aug 2011
Well. That's when the trip is I just figured I'd let you know that days. If you guys can't its cool.

Spirofucci

Spirofucci

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,700 posts
  • Joined 24 May 2011
  • Harlingen, Texas
Vivd and sushi maybe? Man I wish I was still there!

Posted Image

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal

Draw something? I got password today :lol:

Yep :)

Well. That's when the trip is I just figured I'd let you know that days. If you guys can't its cool.

Vivd and sushi maybe? Man I wish I was still there!

I'm sure we could work something out!!!!! Are any of those evenings open for you? Do you know where you'll be staying?

Deckoz2302

Deckoz2302

Stony Reefer

• Members
  • 6,078 posts
  • Joined 29 Aug 2011
Not sure where yet. It will just be me though Brit has finals that week. Monday is dinner Tuesday is jump Wednesday free Thursday fly back

gena

gena

• Premium Members
  • 13,407 posts
  • Joined 14 Jan 2007
  • SoCal
It's such a rare treat to see both of my pompom crabs out together. Usually I only get separate glimpses of them when I feed. What a surprise it was this morning to see them together. I ran for my camera and luckily they had stayed put for me. The male is smaller than the female and she, once again, has her egg sack. My fish will be quite happy to eat that spawn up this week :happy:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

FlCandy

FlCandy

Tag Your It

• Members
  • 8,748 posts
  • Joined 24 Jul 2011
  • Arden, NC
Great shots!

Paigee

Paigee

Nano Reefer

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Joined 24 Jun 2011
  • Vancouver, Canada
Cool pictures :)

HVani

HVani

Defender of Hermit Crabs

• Members
  • 2,394 posts
  • Joined 24 Nov 2009
  • Wisconsin
Nice crabs!

I will have to add those to my "invert want list"

Spirofucci

Spirofucci

Nano Reefer

• Premium Members
  • 6,700 posts
  • Joined 24 May 2011
  • Harlingen, Texas
I think you must have the most fertile tank on NR!

Great pics of Mr.and Mrs Pom Pom!

Posted Image