Coral Vue Hydros

NC12: diary of an L.A. tank

gena

I feel like I have a ton more room in my tank now :ninja:

Oh I can't wait to see this. Gena having room in her tank? You are the goddess of have a perfectly full yet balanced tank.

Yesss to unique shrooms.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope I don't disappoint you guys too much. I did make a big change, but it still looks mostly the same. I just moved a few things to different spots. Lights are still out, but later today I should have some photos. It's really not a huge difference :happy:

I also took out the K nano for now. I'm going to get a lettuce nudibranch to eat the algae. We'll see how that works out. I don't want the powerhead to eat the nudibranch :lol:

surgicalsense
I don't want the powerhead to eat the nudibranch :lol:

:lol: ... I have seen a set up where the guy put a thin woven mesh over the powerhead. Did not interupt the flow at all. D is crafty.

I'm excited to see what kind of unique mushrooms the LFS finds for you. Do you have a picture of that pink shroom you're talking about btw, so I can keep an eye out too?

Well, no photos today. I was too busy and never got around to it.

I'm so excited to see (tomorrow) what my LFS guy was able to pick up today. I hope he got me some goodies.

Felicia, here's a photo of the pink mushroom I was talking about

pinkmushroom.jpg

Yep....$50 shipping for that teeny tiny little frag...ummmm...no way!!!!! My guy says he's seen them and can get them for me :happydance:

Yep....$50 shipping for that teeny tiny little frag...ummmm...no way!!!!! My guy says he's seen them and can get them for me :happydance:

Thats good then. I hope he finds you one soon.

I'm posting this link to my favorite reef video again. I know I've posted it before, but I just wanted to share again for those that missed it the first time. I watched it a few times today :lol: It's fabulous :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/mcbHKAWIk3I

Wow, that was really beautiful to watch. I also watched the Myanmar dive. Great way to relax for 15 minutes.

It's a beautiful mushroom. I hope he was able to find something like that!!!! If not today, then eventually. I'm looking forward to seeing what he got later today. He was also looking for a lettuce nudibranch for me. I know I can get them online if he had no luck.

Tank is clear. I should have time to post some pics. later today. If not, then tomorrow. Friday is my really open day when I have no commitments :)

As some of you may know, I've been having ALK issues. Well, yesterday morning I woke up to my beautiful bright red monticap looking pale pink. Evenly pale pink. I noticed the green monti right near it looked pale as well. My new ATL cap is perfectly fine as well as the other frag of green monti looking perfectly fine. Not sure what happened. The two lightened ones are nearer to the top of the water. Maybe when I did my dosing the buffer got on them? I also noticed my skunk cleaners doing a dance on them the night before which might have stressed them? Not sure...but I'm not happy about the bleaching. It's not any worse today so I don't think it's an STN event, but I don't know that for certain either. I'll just have to keep an eye on those two. Crazy how it was fine one day and not fine, the next morning. I think it's also possible that when I was moving things around it stressed them. I couldn't avoid having my cabbage leather touch the red monti for about 30 seconds. I'm sure that was enough to stress it out right there.

My birdsnests are still beautifully pink and green so?????? Just don't know. I'm sure it was a combination of things.

Gena, have you seen my pink mushrooms? Is that something similar to what you want? I'll try to get a frag and try to send it to you before I go to law school. :)

Gena, have you seen my pink mushrooms? Is that something similar to what you want? I'll try to get a frag and try to send it to you before I go to law school. :)

You have some? I just remember the pretty green and the gorgeous yumas. I'm gonna go look! Do you have a picture handy?

Well, no luck on new mushrooms. He said he didn't see any colorful mushrooms. He also couldn't find a lettuce nudi for me. So.....I'll just have to wait. I had a feeling he wouldn't have any luck this week. Usually it takes a few weeks :lol:

I think I'll go ahead and order the nudi online.

I do have a new FTS for you guys though. You can see it's very different, and at the same time, not so different :lol: The big difference is that the devil's hand leather is gone. It looks so bare! I replaced it with the pink cabbage leather, nuclear green palys, and the clove polyps. The cabbage leather and clove polyps are still very mad!!!! I actually dipped the cloves in peroxide for the algae. They are taking a long time to bounce back, but have opened a little more each day since the dip. I'm excited to give my pink cabbage leather a spot to expand and grow. Where it was before did not lend a whole lot of space. It definitely wasn't thriving up there. Now...it should have a lot more room to grow. I've always loved cabbage leathers so I can't wait to see it (hopefully) bloom :)

I placed my Sunny D's where the cloves used to be under the pink birdsnest. They love it there :)

I'm very glad I removed the Devil's hand leather. Now my ATL pink polyp cap and the green birdsnest, will have plenty of room to grow :happy:

FTS 3-8-12 (told you it wasn't very different :lol:)

fts3-8-12.jpg

told you it wasn't very different :lol:

<_<

Looks like a lot of room for something in that corner... something tall... rather skinny... how about a gorgonian? I want one.

Check this out :o Anyone ever ordered from Blue Zoo Aquatics? I like their stuff, and their web site :P

Looks like a lot of room for something in that corner... something tall... rather skinny... how about a gorgonian? I want one.

Check this out :o Anyone ever ordered from Blue Zoo Aquatics? I like their stuff, and their web site :P

That yuma is :o Beautiful!!!! Buy it ;) You can then share with us when it has the babes :)

I can't replace the leather with anything. The whole point of removing it was to give room to the existing coral. Trust me....in time, things will fill in that empty space :lol:

I didn't think this tank could be improved, but you did! I like it. :)

Thanks, Mark!!!! I like it a lot better too. It will be even better once things start filling in. At least that's my vision. :happy:

Nice new scape, what did you do with the leather you removed?

Thanks, patrick! I gave it to my LFS.

Looking great Gena! I am itching to see my tank as full as yours!

Thank you :happy: Trust me...it doesn't take long to start filling in :lol:

Archived